How to apply
All applications to study our masters courses should be made online.
If you have a degree in a non-relevant subject, you should have a minimum of 12 months relevant work experience.
Relevant work experience can include:
- Working in the community
- Educational publishing
- Higher and Further Education Institutions (including English Language teaching)
- Local Authorities
- Ministries of Education/Government Departments
- Professional Associations and Schools (Nursery, Primary and Secondary)
If you do not have an undergraduate degree, but do have relevant experience, we encourage you to apply for a Postgraduate Diploma and transfer onto the Master's course on completion of satisfactory coursework in the first year.
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact us.
You should apply with a personal statement between 500-750 words, and answer the following questions:
- Why do you want to study at masters level?
- How do you think your strengths will enable you to succeed at masters level?
- What are your reasons for wanting to study education?
- What particularly interests you about this area?
- Why do you want to study at the University of Sheffield?
Explore all postgraduate courses
A masters from Sheffield means in-depth knowledge, advanced skills and the confidence to achieve your ambitions.