How to apply
All applications to study our masters courses should be made online.
If you have a degree in a non-relevant subject, you should have a minimum of 12 months relevant work experience.
Relevant work experience can include:
- Working in the community
- Educational publishing
- Higher and Further Education Institutions (including English Language teaching)
- Local Authorities
- Ministries of Education/Government Departments
- Professional Associations and Schools (Nursery, Primary and Secondary)
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact us.
You should apply with a personal statement between 500-750 words, and answer the following questions:
- Why do you want to study at masters level?
- How do you think your strengths will enable you to succeed at masters level?
- What are your reasons for wanting to study education?
- What particularly interests you about this area?
- Why do you want to study at the University of Sheffield?
Explore all postgraduate courses
A masters from Sheffield means in-depth knowledge, advanced skills and the confidence to achieve your ambitions.