Fees and funding for research degrees
Information on fees, funding, and additional costs while you study for a research degree in the School of Education.
A number of centrally managed postgraduate scholarships are available for you to apply for.
There are some additional items which are not included in the course fee. Some general examples are listed below:
- Travel for site visits DBS update service registration for professional programmes
- Additional travel costs
- Printing of your dissertation
- Any resubmission or extension fees
- Accommodation and living costs
- Optional books or texts – personal copies will not be included in the tuition fee
- Optional field trips - where students have the option to go to alternative destinations, they may have to contribute part of the cost
- Electrical equipment e.g. laptops, digital cameras and calculators
- Resitting exams including professional accreditation exams
- Travel, accommodation, relocation and living costs for employment experience, industrial placements and clinical placements.
- Year and semesters abroad - travel, accommodation, relocation, living costs, health insurance, visas, vaccinations, ancillary materials and textbooks etc
- General printing and photocopying, including for dissertations and coursework
- Other charges for the Sheffield Graduate Award, replacement Ucards/ transcripts/ degree certificates, late registration
Find a PhD
Search for PhD opportunities at Sheffield and be part of our world-leading research.