Festival of the Mind 2022
Partnerships and Regional Engagement would like to thank all those who have submitted applications for collaborative projects for Festival of the MInd 2022.
The deadline has now passed and successful applicants will be contacted shortly.
Festival of the Mind 2022 will take place between 15 and 25 September in venues across Sheffield. The iconic spiegeltent will return and we anticipate that the festival will take place in person and online.
The Festival is the University of Sheffield’s unique collaboration between our academic colleagues and experts from Sheffield’s cultural and creative industries. It is a biennial celebration of the University of Sheffield’s world-class research, showcasing collaborative projects produced by academics from the University and artistic talent from Sheffield’s creative industries. Over 11 days our most exciting and cutting-edge research is shared with the public through innovative, imaginative and impactful events, performances, installations and exhibitions in venues across the city, including the wonderful spiegeltent.
For examples of previous projects go to the Festival of the Mind website.
The themes of the festival are:
- Celebration - working in partnership, co-production and collaborations in the region and beyond
- Exploration - link to technologies, ideas and historical meaning associated with exploring the world
- Innovation - link to the university strategy, creativity, problem solving
- Regeneration - environmental, physical, molecular, etc
- Wellbeing - link to health and social sciences but also wellbeing of the planet and humanity.
General enquiries and further information, Email: email@example.com or visit the Festival of the Mind website.
Events at the University
Browse upcoming public lectures, exhibitions, family events, concerts, shows and festivals across the University.