Claire Du Puget
Student Experience Assistant
+44 114 222 2696
Full contact details
Regent Court (IS)
Having graduated from Oxford Brookes University in 2001, I worked for a number of years at the University of Reading as Programme Coordinator, providing Undergraduate and Postgraduate support. In 2011, I joined the Department of Mechanical Engineering at The University of Sheffield as Receptionist/Clerical Assistant. I was then promoted to Undergraduate Support Officer and finally Assessment and Feedback Officer. I left the University of Sheffield in March 2017 to work in two secondary schools encouraging students to go into Higher Education as part of the HeppSY Project.
I started the Student Experience Assistant role in the Information School in December 2019.
I provide day to day support for programme and student administration in the Department. As Student Experience Assistant, I am the first point of contact for all correspondence and enquiries relating to programmes. I provide assistance to the Learning and Teaching team, report to the Learning and Teaching Manager and provide administrative support for our Learning and Teaching and Student Staff committees.
My main responsibilities include:
- First point of contact for all queries from staff, students, visitors and other external bodies, providing advice or information.
- Provide administrative support to the Departmental Manager for the annual Workload allocation.
- Work alongside the Research Ethics administrator to act as lead administrative support for Teaching related Research Ethics (PGT and UG) applications.
- Service Student Staff Committee meetings
- Participate in preparing for the new academic year and student registration events.
- Collect and collate data to support L+ T service improvement projects liaising with APSE, Planning and Insight and SRA.
- Act as Unfair Means Administrator.
Student Staff committee