Become a student ambassador!
Being a Student Ambassador for the Information School is a great way to get involved in your University and gain valuable skills.
You’ll learn more about the University, experience working in a professional and fun environment, improve your communication and interpersonal skills, gain experience of working with others, develop interpersonal skills and earn money.
Hours: Your hours will be flexible throughout the year and we will email you when work comes up for you to do.
Closing date: Your application should get to us no later than 23:59 on 13th December 2020.
What you will be doing:
- Blogging / Vlogging
- Answering questions from prospective students at Open Days
- Contacting prospective students via telephone or e-mail
- Taking part in webchats or online Q and A sessions with prospective students
- Writing about your experience at the school and contributing to a student blog
- Contributing to the School’s Facebook, Instagram and Twitter content
- Taking part in photo or video shoots to promote the School
How we will train you:
You will receive a full training session after you are appointed giving you a general outline of the role of Student Ambassador and the type of work you will be doing, with additional briefing sessions before most events.
To apply for a role as a Student Ambassador, it’s essential that you are:
- A current student and the Information School
- Currently residing in the UK
- Approachable and enthusiastic
- Able to work independently and be proactive
- Able to talk confidently and clearly to groups
- A team player
- Reliable and able to uphold commitments
- Organised and punctual
- It would also be beneficial if you have experience of working in a customer facing or customer service role.
Want to apply?
Please send your CV and a short (400 words or less) covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the role to email@example.com with the subject “Student Ambassador Application” by 31st December 2020.
Explore all postgraduate courses
A masters from Sheffield means in-depth knowledge, advanced skills and the confidence to achieve your ambitions.