Become a student ambassador!
Being a Student Ambassador for the Information School is a great way to get involved in your University and gain valuable skills.
You will learn more about the University, experience working in a professional and fun environment, improve your communication and interpersonal skills, gain experience of working with others and earn money.
Hours: Your hours will be flexible throughout the year.
What you will be doing:
- Filming and editing video content
- Creating content for social media
- Managing social media accounts
- Writing blog posts
- Taking part in web chats or online Q and A sessions with prospective students
- Taking part in photo or video shoots to promote the School
To apply for a role as a Student Ambassador, it is essential that you are:
- A current student and the Information School
- Currently residing in the UK
- Approachable and enthusiastic
- Able to work independently and be proactive
- Able to talk confidently and clearly to groups
- A team player
- Reliable and able to uphold commitments
- Organised and punctual
- It would also be beneficial if you have experience of working in a customer-facing or customer service role.
Check out some work by previous ambassadors:
- Things to do in Sheffield (video)
- Sheffield highlights (video)
- My free day out in Sheffield (video)
- My year as a Data Science student (blog)
- A Chinese student's experience at the Information School (blog)
Please send your CV and a short (400 words or less) covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the role to email@example.com with the subject “Student Ambassador Application” by 15th November 2022.
Weekly online events
Attend an online event when it suits you, all year round, as an alternative to an open day.
Every Wednesday, Sheffield Live sessions cover different aspects of University life. You can also meet your department and learn more about studying your subject.