Become a student ambassador!
Being a Student Ambassador for the Information School is a great way to get involved in your University and gain valuable skills.
You will learn more about the University, experience working in a professional and fun environment, improve your communication and interpersonal skills, gain experience of working with others and earn money.
Hours: Your hours will be flexible throughout the year.
What you will be doing:
- Filming and editing video content
- Creating content for social media
- Managing social media accounts
- Writing blog posts
- Taking part in web chats or online Q and A sessions with prospective students
- Taking part in photo or video shoots to promote the School
To apply for a role as a Student Ambassador, it is essential that you are:
- A current student and the Information School
- Currently residing in the UK
- Approachable and enthusiastic
- Able to work independently and be proactive
- Able to talk confidently and clearly to groups
- A team player
- Reliable and able to uphold commitments
- Organised and punctual
- It would also be beneficial if you have experience of working in a customer-facing or customer service role.
Check out some work by previous ambassadors:
- Things to do in Sheffield (video)
- Sheffield highlights (video)
- My free day out in Sheffield (video)
- My year as a Data Science student (blog)
- A Chinese student's experience at the Information School (blog)
Please send your CV and a short (400 words or less) covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the role to email@example.com with the subject “Student Ambassador Application” by 30th November 2021.
Postgraduate taught scholarships
Explore scholarships for postgraduate taught courses starting in 2022, including:
- 100+ scholarships worth £10,000 each for home fee-paying students
- 125 scholarships worth 25 per cent of the tuition fee for international students