Data Connect: Improving health across South Yorkshire
We're inviting members of the public and NHS patients to help us to create a new health data service that will benefit everyone in South Yorkshire.
What is Data Connect?
Data Connect is a new service at the University of Sheffield to help researchers use health data from across South Yorkshire to better understand the health conditions that affect people living in the region. This work will provide local authorities with the evidence they need to make decisions to improve the health of people in South Yorkshire.
Using regional health data in this way will allow researchers and local authorities to:
- identify, understand and target diseases and conditions more quickly
- design treatments and services that are personalised to the people who live in the area
- spend money on things that have the greatest benefit to the most people
We need your help
We're looking for members of the public and NHS patients to help us create this new service. Involving the public will help us to make sure the new service is as good as it can be.
We need people from all backgrounds and abilities. Extra support and translation services can be provided to make your experience as easy and enjoyable as possible.
Benefits of getting involved
Getting involved in a project like this is a great way to:
- make a difference to something that’s important to you and the people around you
- develop new skills - this can look great on your CV
- meet new people, build confidence and have fun
You will receive £25 an hour for your time.
Choose how much time you give
You can get involved as much or as little as you'd like. There are three levels of involvement, depending on how much time you have to spare:
If you don't have much time to spare, you can:
- share your thoughts on the new service in a small group or one-to-one discussion
- read and tell us what you think about our communications with the public
If you'd like to commit more of your time, you can:
- take part in workshops that will help us to create the service
- get involved in health research being done through the service
- help us present our ideas and findings to different groups
If you'd prefer regular, longer-term involvement, you can:
- help us make decisions about who can use the health data
- work with the Data Connect team, local authorities and health data providers on projects to improve health across the region
- review the service and help us to make improvements
We want to hear from you
If you want to get involved or find out more, email firstname.lastname@example.org
A world top-100 university
We're a world top-100 university renowned for the excellence, impact and distinctiveness of our research-led learning and teaching.