The Green Roof Centre
We are the National Centre of Excellence for green roofs. Our primary aim is to promote green roof development and implementation through research, education, demonstration, information and technology transfer.
The University of Sheffield is the leading research establishment in this field in the UK, with an unrivalled range of expertise in the green roof arena. It has developed an international reputation for excellence in green roof studies.
Our objectives are:
- To be the first point of contact for green roof information
- To build and disseminate best practice
- To support industry through knowledge transfer and information
- To advance knowledge through research based education
- To support Sheffield in its leading role in the green and blue infrastructure agenda
Based in Sheffield The Green Roof Centre was founded by the University of Sheffield, Groundwork Sheffield and the 4 surrounding local authorities (Barnsley, Doncaster, Sheffield and Rotherham). The Green Roof Centre operates with partners nationally to demonstrate the potential of green roof uptake in the UK.