Selected recent publications
- 2015: X. Li M. Viceconti, M.C. Cohen, G.C. Reilly, M.J. Carré, A.C. Offiah. Developing CT based computational models of pediatric femurs. Journal of Biomechanics. 48: 2034-2040.
- 2015: P. Viswanathan, M.G Ondeck, S. Chirasatitsin, K. Ngamkham, G.C Reilly, A.J. Engler, G. Battaglia. 3D surface topology guides stem cell adhesion and differentiation. Biomaterials 52: 140-147.
- 2015: J.H. Edwards and G.C. Reilly. Vibration stimuli and the differentiation of musculoskeletal progenitor cells - review of results in vitro and in vivo. World Journal of Stem Cells. 7: 568 -582.
- 2014: W. van Grunsven, E. Hernandez-Nava, G.C. Reilly, R. Goodall. Fabrication and mechanical characterisation of titanium lattices with graded porosity. Metals 4: 401-409.
- 2014: G. Tetteh, A.S. Khan, R.M. Delaine-Smith, G.C. Reilly, I.U. Rehman. Electrospun polyurethane/hydroxyapatite bioactive scaffolds for bone tissue engineering: the role of solvent and hydroxyapatite particles. Journal of Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials. 39: 95-110.
- 2014: R.M. Delaine-Smith, N.H. Green, S.J. Matcher, S. MacNeil, G.C. Reilly, Monitoring fibrous scaffold guidance of three-dimensional collagen organisation using minimally-invasive second harmonic generation. PLOS ONE. 9: e8961.
- 2014: R. M. Delaine-Smith, A. Sittichokechaiwut, G. C. Reilly. Primary cilia respond to fluid shear stress and mediate flow-induced calcium deposition in osteoblasts. FASEB Journal. 28: 430-439.
- 2013: N. J. Emerson, A. C. Offiah, G. C. Reilly, M. J. Carré. Patient-Specific Finite Element Modelling and Validation of Porcine Femora in Torsion. Strain. 49:212-220.
- 2013: W. K Yeung, G. C. Reilly, A. Matthews, A. Yerokhin. In vitro biological response of plasma electrolytically oxidised and plasma sprayed hydroxyapatite coatings on Ti-6Al-4V alloy. Journal of Biomedical Materials Research B. 101:939-949.
- 2012: R. M. Delaine-Smith, S. MacNeil G.C. Reilly. Matrix production and collagen structure are enhanced in two types of osteogenic progenitor cells by a simple fluid shear stress stimulus. eCells and Materials. 24: 162-174.
- 2012: K.K. Mallick, J.Winnett, W. van Grunsven, J. Lapworth, G.C. Reilly. 3-dimensional porous bioscaffolds fabricated by adaptive foam reticulation and freeze casting techniques for bone tissue regeneration. Journal of Biomedical Materials Research A. 100A:2948–2959.
- 2010: R.M.H. Rumney, A. Sunters, G.C. Reilly, and A. Gartland. Application of multiple forms of mechanical loading to human osteoblasts reveals increased ATP release in response to fluid flow in 3D cultures and differential regulation of immediate early genes. Journal of Biomechanics. 45: 549–554.
- 2010: H. Morris, C. Reed, A. Sittichokechaiwut, J. Haycock, G.C. Reilly. Osteoblast signalling and matrix responses to dynamic flow. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers: Part H Journal of Engineering in Medicine. 224: 1509-1521.
- 2010: A. Sittichokechaiwut, J.H. Edwards, A. Scutt and G.C. Reilly. Short bouts of mechanical loading are as effective as dexamethasone at inducing matrix production by human bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells. eCells and Materials, 20: 45-57.
- 2010: G.Yourek, S.M. McCormick, J.J. Mao G.C. Reilly. Shear stress induces osteogenic differentiation of human mesenchymal stem cells. Regenerative Medicine, 5: 713-724.
- 2010: G.C. Reilly, A.J. Engler: Intrinsic extracellular properties regulate stem cell differentiation. Journal of Biomechanics 43: 55-62.
- 2009: A. Sittichockechaiwut, A.M. Scutt, A.J. Ryan, L.M. Bonewald, G.C. Reilly: Use of rapidly mineralising osteoblasts and short periods of mechanical loading to accelerate matrix maturation in 3D scaffolds. Bone. 44: 822-829.