Dr Yi Li
School of Mathematics and Statistics
+44 114 222 3882
Full contact details
School of Mathematics and Statistics
- Research interests
Dr. Yi Li's main research interests are in the field of fluid mechanics, in particular turbulence. Topics include fluid flow optimization, simulation and modelling, and the application of signal processing and database techniques in the study of data-intensive fluid mechanics problems.
This person does not have any publications available.
- Modulation of the secondary Bjerknes force in multi-bubble systems. Ultrasonics Sonochemistry, 61. View this article in WRRO
- Small-scale reconstruction in three-dimensional Kolmogorov flows using four-dimensional variational data assimilation. Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 885. View this article in WRRO
- The secondary Bjerknes force between two oscillating bubbles in Kelvin-Voigt-type viscoelastic fluids driven by harmonic ultrasonic pressure. Ultrasonics Sonochemistry. View this article in WRRO
- Parallel chemistry acceleration algorithm with ISAT table-size control in the application of gaseous detonation. Shock Waves. View this article in WRRO
- The effects of ultrasonic treatments on the microstructure and mechanical properties of SAC0307 solder. Journal of Materials Processing Technology. View this article in WRRO
- Subgrid-scale stresses and scalar fluxes constructed by the multi-scale turnover Lagrangian map. Physics of Fluids, 29(4). View this article in WRRO
- Properties of a general quaternion-valued gradient operator and its applications to signal processing. Frontiers of Information Technology & Electronic Engineering, 17(2), 83-95. View this article in WRRO
- Adaptive Beamforming for Vector-Sensor Arrays Based on a Reweighted Zero-Attracting Quaternion-Valued LMS Algorithm. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II: Express Briefs, 63(3), 274-278. View this article in WRRO
- The evolution towards the rod-like axisymmetric structure for turbulent stress tensor. Physics of Fluids, 27(8). View this article in WRRO
- Constrained multi-scale turnover Lagrangian map for anisotropic synthetic turbulence: A priori tests. Physics of Fluids, 26(7), 075102-075102. View this article in WRRO
- Geometrical statistics of fluid deformation: Restricted Euler approximation and the effects of pressure. Comptes Rendus Physique, 13(9-10), 878-888. View this article in WRRO
- Small-scale intermittency and local anisotropy in turbulent mixing with rotation. J TURBUL, 12(38), 1-21. View this article in WRRO
- Geometrical statistics and vortex structures in helical and nonhelical turbulences. PHYS FLUIDS, 22(3). View this article in WRRO
- Lagrangian evolution of velocity increments in rotating turbulence: The effects of rotation on non-Gaussian statistics. Physica D: Nonlinear Phenomena, 239(20-22), 1948-1957. View this article in WRRO
- Matrix exponential-based closures for the turbulent subgrid-scale stress tensor. PHYS REV E, 79(1). View this article in WRRO
- A public turbulence database cluster and applications to study Lagrangian evolution of velocity increments in turbulence. Journal of Turbulence, 9, 1-29. View this article in WRRO
- Material deformation in a restricted Euler model for turbulent flows: analytic solution and numerical tests. Physics of Fluids, 19.
- Subgrid-scale modeling of helicity and energy dissipation in helical turbulence. Physical Review E (Statistical, Nonlinear, and Soft Matter Physics), 74.
- Intermittency trends and Lagrangian evolution of non-Gaussian statistics in turbulent flow and scalar transport. Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 558, 133-142.
- Origin of non-Gaussian statistics in hydrodynamic turbulence. Physical Review Letters, 95.
- Analysis of mean momentum flux in subgrid models of turbulence. Physics of Fluids, 16, 3483-3486.
Conference proceedings papers
- A general quaternion-valued gradient operator and its applications to computational fluid dynamics and adaptive beamforming. 2014 19th International Conference on Digital Signal Processing, 20 August 2014 - 23 August 2014. View this article in WRRO
- A zero-attracting quaternion-valued least mean square algorithm for sparse system identification. 2014 9th International Symposium on Communication Systems, Networks & Digital Sign (CSNDSP), 23 July 2014 - 25 July 2014. View this article in WRRO
- Frequency-domain quaternion-valued adaptive filtering and its application to wind profile prediction. IEEE Region 10 Annual International Conference, Proceedings/TENCON
- Data exploration of turbulence simulations using a database cluster. SC '07 Proceedings of the 2007 ACM/IEEE conference on Supercomputing. Reno, Nevada, USA, 10 November 2007 - 16 November 2007.
- View this article in WRRO Properties and Applications of a Restricted HR Gradient Operator.
- Research group
- Teaching activities
MAS322 Operations Research MAS422 Magnetohydrodynamics MAS423 Advanced Operations Research