Professional Services staff
Below is a list of our current Support Staff in the Department of Music.
Operations/Marketing & Recruitment Support Officer
0114 222 0473
- Support HR activities, financial processes and Estates.
- Support marketing and recruitment activities, including events/campaigns.
- Coordination of open days and recruitment of student ambassadors.
- Management of admissions and production of monthly admissions data.
- Website content update.
- Coordinate Social Media activities.
- Alumni relations/activities.
- PGT scholarships.
Senior Student Experience Officer
0114 222 0488
- Responsibility for the Student Experience team, and all Learning & Teaching processes and activities across UG and PGT Programmes. Oversight of all UG and PGT L&T activities e.g. curriculum developments.
- Quality Assurance (support annual reflection, QAA review).
- Lead on all aspects of examinations.
- Responsible for UG, PGT and PGR student welfare.
- Responsible for the examinations and assessments administration.
- Manage the allocation of instrumental tutors
Department Support Officer
0114 222 0461
Tuesdays: 8.30am - 4pm, Wednesdays: 8.30am - 4pm, Fridays: 8.30am - 12noon
- Support L&T activities, working closely with the Senior SE Officer.
- Lead on student attendance monitoring
- HEAR Administrator
- Administer Prizes/ UG Scholarships
- English Language Teaching Centre (ELTC) administrator.
Department Support Officer
Tuesdays and Wednesday: 9.00-16.00, Thus 9.00-15.30
0114 222 0470
- Management and leadership of the Professional Services Team.
- Development of departmental strategic and operational plan.
- Business and financial planning, including budgeting and forecasting.
- Strategic oversight of admissions, recruitment, marketing and student support and administration.
- Leadership and advisory function on all HR matters.
- Responsibility and coordination of Estates, IT and Health and Safety functions.
- Oversight of governance processes
Student Experience and Operations Assistant
0114 222 0495
Front Desk Reception
Student bookings (equipment/rooms/Soundhouse)
Office general operational assistance
Support SE team
Music Technology and IT Officer
email@example.com (general IT enquiries)
firstname.lastname@example.org (specialist music technology enquiries)
0114 22 29700 (general IT enquiries)
0114 22 20471 (specialist music technology enquiries)
07864 605418 (mobile)
Room: G.15 (Admin Office)
- Managing and delivering specialist technical support for the Music Department
- Managing the Music Technology Lab, University of Sheffield Sound Studios, and specialist equipment within the Department
- Contributing to the wider Faculty IT Support Team
- Departmental Safety Officer
A world top-100 university
We're a world top-100 university renowned for the excellence, impact and distinctiveness of our research-led learning and teaching.