Global Summer Experience Scholarship
Interested in spending a summer abroad during your Sheffield degree? Apply for a Global Summer Experience Scholarship in 2022 and we'll pay your airfare to an overseas summer school, tuition and accommodation while you're there.
You must meet all of the criteria below to be eligible to receive an award:
- Achieve A*,A,A (or higher) in your A-Levels (or equivalent)
- Hold an academic offer to study a full time, undergraduate course at the University of Sheffield starting in September 2022
- Be eligible to pay the home rate of fees
How to apply
The deadline to submit your application is 1pm Monday 11 April 2022
Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application before the end of May 2022.
Details for the Global Summer Experience Scholarships
- Home fee paying students are eligible to apply.
- To apply for this scholarship, you need to have received an academic offer to study a full-time undergraduate course at the University of Sheffield starting in September 2022.
- For courses across all faculties.
- Students studying a course with a compulsory year abroad are not eligible to apply.
- There are 30 awards available.
- The summer school will be at one of our partner institutions in selected countries. Available countries can change from year to year, we'll confirm placement opportunities after you have registered with us in September 2022.
- We normally expect you to go in the summer after your first year.
- Summer schools are not subject specific.
- You should familiarise yourself with the summer school opportunities available, you will be asked to discuss your preferred choices as part of the scholarship application.
- We'll let you know by the end of May if you're provisionally successful and this will be fully confirmed once we know your grades.
- This scheme isn't available to you if you're starting a foundation year course.
- You'll need to put the University of Sheffield as your firm choice before 15 July 2022.
- The award is only for new undergraduate students starting their first degree at the University.
A selection panel consisting of senior professional services staff will consider your scholarship application. When making their decision, the panel will give regard to the following:
- Applicant has provided a clear rationale for applying for their chosen undergraduate course at the University of Sheffield.
- Applicant has clearly articulated how the scholarship will benefit their future ambitions.
- Applicant has explored the portfolio of summer schools available and discussed a range of placements.
- Applicant has detailed their strengths and weaknesses, and why they would be a good recipient of this scholarship.