Global Summer Experience Scholarship
Interested in spending a summer abroad during your Sheffield degree? Apply for a Global Summer Experience Scholarship and we'll pay your airfare to an overseas summer school, as well as tuition and accommodation while you're there.
You must meet all of the criteria below to be eligible to receive an award:
- Achieve A*,A,A (or higher) in your A-Levels (or equivalent)
- Hold an academic offer to study a full time, undergraduate course at the University of Sheffield starting in September 2020
- Be eligible to pay the home rate of fees
How to apply
The deadline to apply for the scholarship has now passed.
All applicants will be contacted before the end of April 2020 with the outcome of your application.
Details for the Global Summer Experience Scholarships
- Home and EU students are eligible to apply.
- To apply for this scholarship, you need to have received an academic offer to study a full-time undergraduate course at the University of Sheffield starting in September 2020.
- For courses across all faculties.
- Students studying a course with a compulsory year abroad are not eligible to apply.
- There are 30 awards available.
- The summer school will be at one of our partner institutions in selected countries. Available countries can change from year to year, we'll confirm placement opportunities after you have registered with us in September.
- We normally expect you to go in the summer after your first year.
- Summer schools are not subject specific.
- You should familiarise yourself with the summer school opportunities available, you will be asked to discuss your preferred choices as part of the scholarship application.
- We'll let you know by the end of April if you're provisionally successful and this will be fully confirmed once we know your grades.
- This scheme isn't available to you if you're starting a foundation year course.
- You'll need to put the University of Sheffield as your firm choice before 20 July 2020
- The award is only for new undergraduate students starting their first degree at the University.
A selection panel consisting of senior professional services staff will consider your scholarship application. When making their decision, the panel will give regard to the following:
- Applicant has provided a clear rationale for applying for their chosen undergraduate course at the University of Sheffield.
- Applicant has clearly articulated how the scholarship will benefit their future ambitions.
- Applicant has explored the portfolio of summer schools available and discussed a range of placements.
- Applicant has detailed their strengths and weaknesses, and why they would be a good recipient of this scholarship.
Financial Support Team
For specific questions about fees, bursaries, scholarships and financial support, get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org