Eligible students can get extra support through Access+.
What support can Access+ students receive?
As an Access+ student, you’ll have access to support such as:
- A dedicated team on hand to answer your questions
- Expert online help and guidance sessions to support you in your journey to higher education
- The opportunity to apply for an Access+ Transition Mentor
- Our Access+ Travel Bursary
- The opportunity to apply for the IT & Equipment Bursary on registration
Access+ students will also be eligible for a contextual offer equivalent to one grade below the standard A Level entry requirements for your course. You’ll need to have made Sheffield your Firm choice with UCAS.
If you miss the conditions of your offer we'll still give your application additional consideration.
Who is eligible for Access+?
You may be eligible for support if:
- You live in an area with a low rate of participation in higher education
- You’re a care leaver
- You’re care experienced
- You’re estranged from family
- You’re a carer
- You’re a forced migrant
- You have parenting responsibilities
- You’re entitled to free school meals
For a full overview of the eligibility requirements and how you might qualify read our Access Sheffield policies.
A world-class university – a unique student experience
Sheffield is a research university with a global reputation for excellence. We're a member of the Russell Group: one of the 24 leading UK universities for research and teaching.