Training and professional development
The University of Sheffield offers a wide range of professional training and development courses to help you or your staff maintain and update their knowledge and skills. Many of our courses are accredited by professional bodies.
Short courses and CPD
The University runs a number of short courses that provide highly focused training for professionals wishing to gain specialist knowledge and skills quickly.
All our CPD courses are taught by experienced and internationally recognised experts from the University and industry.
- CPD in Civil and Structural Engineering
- Short courses in Chemical and Biological Engineering
- Short courses for the private sector and the NHS in health services and public health research
- Short courses for the pharmaceutical industry
- CPD for dental professionals
- Continuing education for health and social care professionals
The Sheffield MBA
Our one year, full-time MBA is designed to prepare you for leadership roles in organisations. It challenges you to think and act creatively.
The programme gives you hands-on experience working with a client organisation and you'll acquire a skill-set that you can immediately apply to live workplace issues.
Whatever your current role and whatever your future career, you'll learn the principles, skills and techniques to identify opportunities to move your organisation forward.
A world top-100 university
We're a world top-100 university renowned for the excellence, impact and distinctiveness of our research-led learning and teaching.