Professor Will Zimmerman
BScEng, MSc, PhD, CEng FIChemE
Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering
Undergraduate Level 4 Director
+44 114 222 7517
Full contact details
Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering
I'm a graduate of Princeton and Stanford Universities in Chemical Engineering and the author of over 100 scientific publications. Previously I was Director of the MSc in Environmental and Energy Engineering, and a winner in US and UK national competitions of five prestigious fellowships (2005-6 Royal Academy of Engineering Senior Research Fellow, 2000-5 EPSRC Advanced Research Fellow; 1994-99 Royal Academy of Engineering, Zeneca Young Academic Fellow; 1991-93 visiting professorships appointed by the French Ministry of Education at the Littoral University in Dunkirk in 1998 and 2005.
I was interviewed on my algal biofuels work on BBC Radio 4 “Material World with Quentin Cooper”. My Royal Academy of Engineering SRF, entitled “Systems Biology and Chemical Engineering” has laid down a protocol for optimal experimentation for bioreactor model-building via inverse methods. I directed Microfluidics 2003, a workshop at CISM in Udine from which he edited a book on microfluidics, and is the author of two bestselling texts on multiphysics modelling.
- Research interests
- Energy efficient generation of microbubbles and their applications (particularly biofuels and bioreactors)
- Plasma microreactors, especially low power consumption generation of ozone
- Fluid dynamics of helical turbulence and mixing
- Thin film dynamics and microrheometry
- Computational modelling with inverse methods
Perlemax Ltd, University spinout company, was founded to exploit his research and technological advances. Perlemax and Zimmerman have won the below awards/recognition:
- 2009 IChemE Moulton Medal
- 2010 Royal Society Innovation Award (Brian Mercer Fund) (Video)
- 2010 CleanTech Open, AXA UK Global Ideas Champion
- 2010 CleanTech Open, International Finalist, Global Ideas
- 2011 Zayed International Future Energy Prize, Semifinalist
- Microfluidics: Theory, History and Applications. Springer Verlag.
- Multiphysics modelling with finite element methods. World Scientific Pub Co Inc.
- Process modelling and simulation with finite element methods. World Scientific Pub Co Inc.
- A microbubble-sparged yeast propagation–fermentation process for bioethanol production. Biotechnology for Biofuels, 13(1).
- Introduction of Disruptive Gas Flow Via Fluidic Oscillation to Improve Solid Oxide Cell Performance, MA2020-01(36), 1476-1476.
- Investigating biodiesel production strategies as a sustainable energy resource for Pakistan. Journal of Cleaner Production, 259, 120729-120729.
- Optimization and cost estimation of microalgal lipid extraction using ozone-rich microbubbles for biodiesel production. Biocatalysis and Agricultural Biotechnology, 23, 101462-101462.
- Biodiesel production intensification through microbubble mediated esterification. Fuel, 253, 25-31.
- Improving the efficiency of high-temperature electrolysis of carbon dioxide in a solid oxide cell. ECS Transactions, 91(1), 2623-2630. View this article in WRRO
- Membrane defouling using microbubbles generated by fluidic oscillation. Water Supply, 19(1), 97-106. View this article in WRRO
- Dielectric Barrier Discharge Plasma Approach for Bio-Oils Chemical Detoxification: An Advanced Technology on Industrial Application. Advanced Science Letters, 24(12), 9499-9501.
- Constitutive Parameters of the Extensional Flow Defined by an Inverse Method. Advanced Science Letters, 24(12), 9616-9619.
- Dielectric barrier discharge plasma microbubble reactor for pretreatment of lignocellulosic biomass. AIChE Journal, 64(11), 3803-3816. View this article in WRRO
- Esterification for biodiesel production with a phantom catalyst: Bubble mediated reactive distillation. Applied Energy, 221, 28-40. View this article in WRRO
- Cell lysis and detoxification of cyanotoxins using a novel combination of microbubble generation and plasma microreactor technology for ozonation. Frontiers in Microbiology, 9. View this article in WRRO
- Harvesting environmental microalgal blooms for remediation and resource recovery: A laboratory scale investigation with economic and microbial community impact assessment. Biology, 7(1), 4-4. View this article in WRRO
- Reaction engineering of carbon monoxide generation by treatment with atmospheric pressure, low power CO
2DBD plasma. Fuel, 209, 117-126.
- Exploiting ozonolysis-microbe synergy for biomass processing: Application in lignocellulosic biomass pretreatment. Biomass and Bioenergy, 105, 147-154. View this article in WRRO
- Improving the performance of coal flotation using oscillatory air supply. FUEL PROCESSING TECHNOLOGY, 165, 131-137.
- Factors affecting bubble size in ionic liquids. Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 19(22), 14306-14318. View this article in WRRO
- Inactivation combined with cell lysis of Pseudomonas putida using a low pressure carbon dioxide microbubble technology. Journal of Chemical Technology & Biotechnology, 92(8), 1961-1961. View this article in WRRO
- Excitation of Surface Waves Due to Thermocapillary Effects on a Stably Stratified Fluid Layer. Applied Sciences, 7(4). View this article in WRRO
- Aerator Design for Microbubble Generation. Chemical Engineering Research and Design.
- Purification of Bioethanol Using Microbubbles Generated by Fluidic Oscillation: A Dynamical Evaporation Model. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, 55(50), 12909-12918. View this article in WRRO
- Carbon dioxide rich microbubble acceleration of biogas production in anaerobic digestion. Chemical Engineering Science, 156, 24-35. View this article in WRRO
- Temporal and spatial dimension of dissolved oxygen saturation with fluidic oscillator and Mazzei air injector in soil-less irrigation systems. Irrigation Science, 34(6), 421-430.
- Development of an optical microscopy system for automated bubble cloud analysis: Publisher's note. Applied Optics, 55(26), 7392-7392.
- Development of an optical microscopy system for automated bubble cloud analysis. Applied Optics, 55(22), 6102-6102. View this article in WRRO
- Intensification of yeast production with microbubbles. Food and Bioproducts Processing. View this article in WRRO
- Exploiting microbubble-microbe synergy for biomass processing: Application in lignocellulosic biomass pretreatment. Biomass and Bioenergy, 93, 187-193. View this article in WRRO
- In-situ disinfection and a new downstream processing scheme from algal harvesting to lipid extraction using ozone-rich microbubbles for biofuel production. Algal Research, 17, 217-226. View this article in WRRO
- The role of chemical kinetics in using O3 generation as proxy for hydrogen production from water vapour plasmolysis. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 41(15), 6180-6192.
- Dual-plane PIV investigation of acoustically excited jets in a swirl nozzle. Nonlinear Processes in Geophysics, 23, 83-89. View this article in WRRO
- Separation of azeotropic mixtures using air microbubbles generated by fluidic oscillation. AIChE Journal, 62(4), 1192-1199.
- Microbubble Distillation for Ethanol-Water Separation. International Journal of Chemical Engineering, 2016, 1-10. View this article in WRRO
- Influence of Surface Wettability on Microbubble Formation. Langmuir, 32(5), 1269-1278.
- Minimising microbubble size through oscillation frequency control. Chemical Engineering Research and Design, 104, 357-366. View this article in WRRO
- Airlift bioreactor for biological applications with microbubble mediated transport processes. Chemical Engineering Science, 137, 243-253. View this article in WRRO
- Development of wastewater treatment system based on cascade dielectric barrier discharge plasma atomizers. Journal of Environmental Science and Health, Part A, 50(12), 1249-1258.
- View this article in WRRO Laboratory preparation of simulated sludge for anaerobic digestion experimentation. Journal of Engineering, 21(6), 140-154.
- Periodic CO2 Dosing Strategy for Dunaliella salina Batch Culture. International Journal of Molecular Sciences, 16(5), 11509-11521. View this article in WRRO
- Fluidic oscillator-mediated microbubble generation to provide cost effective mass transfer and mixing efficiency to the wastewater treatment plants. Environmental Research, 137, 32-39.
- Dynamic Wetting in Microfluidic Droplet Formation. BIOCHIP JOURNAL, 8(2), 122-128.
- Application of acidic accelerator for production of pure hydrogen from NaBH4. International Journal of Industrial Chemistry, 5(2).
- Investigation of pressure profile evolution during confined microdroplet formation using a two-phase level set method. International Journal of Multiphase Flow, 60, 40-49.
- Surface coating of bonded PDMS microchannels by atmospheric pressure microplasma. Plasma Processes and Polymers, 11(3), 279-288.
- Harvesting and dewatering yeast by microflotation. Biochemical Engineering Journal, 82, 174-182.
- Effects of CO
2and pH on growth of the microalga Dunaliella salina. Journal of Microbial and Biochemical Technology, 6(3), 167-173. View this article in WRRO
- Microplasma copolymerization of amine and Si containing precursors. Thin Solid Films.
- Characterization of atmospheric pressure microplasma produced from argon and a mixture of argon-ethylenediamine. Physics Letters, Section A: General, Atomic and Solid State Physics.
- Efficient Compact Micro DBD Plasma Reactor for Ozone Generation for Industrial Application in Liquid and Gas Phase Systems, 8(1), 82-85.
- Microbubbles Enhanced Synthetic Phorbol Ester Degradation by Ozonolysis. International Journal of Chemical, Materials Science and Engineering, 8(1), 78-81.
- Monitoring earths's canary. Planet Earth(WINTER), 22-24.
- Oil emulsion separation with fluidic oscillator generated microbubbles. International Journal of Multiphase Flow, 56, 119-125.
- Our adventure with Manuel. Understanding Complex Systems, 59-61.
- My year with Manuel. Understanding Complex Systems, 55-58.
- Enhanced Mass Transfer in Microbubble Driven Airlift Bioreactor for Microalgal Culture. Engineering, 5(9), 735-743. View this article in WRRO
- Evaporation dynamics of microbubbles. Chemical Engineering Science, 101, 865-877.
- Microalgae recovery by microflotation for biofuel production using metallic coagulants. Biofuels, 4(4), 363-369.
- Hydrogen Production from Water Vapor Plasmolysis Using DBD-Corona Hybrid Reactor. Energy & Fuels, 2748-2761.
- Growth Enhancement of Dunaliella salina by Microbubble Induced Airlift Loop Bioreactor (ALB)—The Relation between Mass Transfer and Growth Rate. Journal of Biomaterials and Nanobiotechnology, 4(2A), 1-9. View this article in WRRO
- Application of inverse methods based algorithms to Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) storage management. Chemical Engineering Research and Design, 91(3), 457-463.
- Plasma polymerization in a microcapillary using an atmospheric pressure dielectric barrier discharge. Surface and Coatings Technology.
- Computational modelling of the volatile hydride fragmentation in a dielectric barrier discharge atomizer.. Comb Chem High Throughput Screen, 16(3), 210-222.
- Microalgae biorefinery concept based on hydrothermal microwave pyrolysis. Green Chemistry, 14(12), 3251-3251.
- Computational Modelling of the Hydride Generation Reaction in a Tubular Reactor and Atomization in a Quartz Cell Atomizer. Journal of Analytical Sciences, Methods and Instrumentation, 2(3), 126-139.
- Application of liquid nitrogen cold trap for purification of hydrogen gas stream generated from NaBH4. J. chemistry and Chemical Engineering, 6(5), 425-434.
- Bubbles for biofuels. Chemical Engineer(850), 34-37.
- The study of the impact of mercury sample magnetization prior to detection by emission spectroscopy. Journal of Environmental Science and Engineering, 1(3A), 380-387.
- Computational Modelling of the Hydride Generation Reaction in a Tubular Reactor and Atomization in a Quartz Cell Atomizer. Journal of Analytical Sciences, Methods and Instrumentation, 02(03), 126-139.
- A kinetic model for H production by plasmolysis of water vapours at atmospheric pressure in a dielectric barrier discharge microchannel reactor. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy.
- Can algal biofuels play a major role in meeting future energy needs?. Biofuels, 3(5), 511-513.
2mass transfer induced through an airlift loop by a microbubble cloud generated by fluidic oscillation. Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research, 51(4), 1864-1877.
- Microflotation performance for algal separation. Biotechnology and Bioengineering, 109(7), 1663-1673.
- Simulations of microfluidic droplet formation using the two-phase level set method. CHEM ENG SCI, 66(20), 4733-4741.
- Optimization of a miniaturized DBD plasma chip for mercury detection in water samples.. Anal Bioanal Chem, 401(9), 2713-2722.
- An inverse method for rheometry of power-law fluids. Measurement Science and Technology, 20.
- Analysis of capillary-gravity waves using the discrete periodic inverse scattering transform. Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects.
- Design of an airlift loop bioreactor and pilot scales studies with fluidic oscillator induced microbubbles for growth of a microalgae Dunaliella salina. Applied Energy, 88(10), 3357-3369. View this article in WRRO
- An intermediate wavelength, weakly nonlinear theory for the evolution of capillary gravity waves. Wave Motion.
- Optimization methods for the real-time inverse problem posed by modelling of liquefied natural gas storage. Chemical Engineering Journal, 170(1), 44-52. View this article in WRRO
- Towards energy efficient nanobubble generation with fluidic oscillation. Current Opinion in Colloid and Interface Science.
- Electrochemical microfluidics. Chemical Engineering Science, 66(7), 1412-1425.
- The role of kinetics in the design of plasma microreactors. CHEM ENG SCI, 65(17), 4925-4930. View this article in WRRO
- Pressure sensor positioning in an electrokinetic microrheometer device: simulations of shear-thinning liquid flows. MICROFLUID NANOFLUID, 9(2-3), 559-571.
- On the design and simulation of an airlift loop bioreactor with microbubble generation by fluidic oscillation. INT SUGAR J, 112(1334), 90-103.
- Rheometry of non-Newtonian polymer solution using microchannel pressure driven flow. Applied Rheology, 20(5), 1-13.
- Creeping flow analysis of an integrated microfluidic device for rheometry. Journal of Non-Newtonian Fluid Mechanics, 165(19-20), 1302-1308.
- On the design and simulation of an airlift loop bioreactor with microbubble generation by fluidic oscillation. FOOD BIOPROD PROCESS, 87(C3), 215-227. View this article in WRRO
- Optimal modelling and experimentation for the improved sustainability of microfluidic chemical technology design. CHEM ENG RES DES, 87(6A), 798-808. View this article in WRRO
- Experimental investigation of helicity in turbulent swirling jet using dual-plane dye laser PIV technique. EXP FLUIDS, 45(6), 973-986.
- Modelling accidental releases of dangerous gases into the lower troposphere from mobile sources. Process Safety and Environmental Protection, 86(3), 198-207.
- On slip velocity boundary conditions for electroosmotic flow near sharp corners. PHYS FLUIDS, 20(4). View this article in WRRO
- Microbubble generation. Recent Patents on Engineering, 2(1), 1-8.
- Rollover instability due to double diffusion in a stably stratified cylindrical tank. PHYS FLUIDS, 19(12). View this article in WRRO
- Numerical analysis of solutocapillary Marangoni-induced interfacial waves.. Adv Colloid Interface Sci, 134-135, 346-359.
- Effects of transport and phase equilibrium on fast, nearly irreversible reactive extraction. CHEM ENG SCI, 62(6), 1770-1782.
- Rheometry of non-Newtonian electrokinetic flow in a microchannel T-junction. MICROFLUID NANOFLUID, 2(6), 481-492.
- Simulation of interfacial mass transfer by droplet dynamics using the level set method. CHEM ENG SCI, 61(19), 6486-6498.
- Simulations of mass transfer limited reaction in a moving droplet to study transport limited characteristics. CHEM ENG SCI, 61(19), 6424-6441.
- Three-dimensional, three-component velocity measurements using stereoscopic micro-PIV and PTV. MEAS SCI TECHNOL, 17(8), 2175-2185.
- No-moving-part hybrid-synthetic jet actuator. SENSOR ACTUAT A-PHYS, 125(2), 159-169. View this article in WRRO
- Experimental investigation and visualization of helical structures in a novel swirling jet. Proceedings of ASME Fluids Engineering Division Summer Meeting 2006, FEDSM2006, 2 FORUMS, 969-975.
- Experimental investigation and visualization of helical structures in a novel swirling jet. 2006 ASME Joint U.S.-European Fluids Engineering Summer Meeting, FEDSM 2006, 2006.
- Nonlinear model reconstruction by frequency and amplitude response for a heterogeneous binary reaction in a chemostat. CHEM ENG SCI, 61(2), 605-620.
- Cheating Nyquist: Nonlinear model reconstruction with undersampled frequency response of a forced, damped, nonlinear oscillator. CHEM ENG SCI, 61(2), 621-632.
- Metabolic pathways reconstruction by frequency and amplitude response to forced glycolytic oscillations in yeast.. Biotechnol Bioeng, 92(1), 91-116.
- Experimental study of mass transfer limited reaction - Part II: Existence of cross-over phenomenon. CHEM ENG SCI, 60(15), 4147-4156.
- Experimental study of mass transfer limited reaction - Part I: Use of fibre optic spectrometry to infer asymmetric mass transfer coefficients. CHEM ENG SCI, 60(11), 2879-2893.
- Non-equilibrium effects on fast reactions in a heterogeneous batch reactor. CHEM ENG SCI, 60(11), 3013-3028.
- On the use of audio-tapes for teaching vector analysis to engineering undergraduates. International Journal of Mechanical Engineering Education, 33(4), 358-368.
- On the resistance of a spherical particle settling in a tube of viscous fluid. INT J ENG SCI, 42(17-18), 1753-1778.
- A model for surfactant distribution in latex coatings. LANGMUIR, 20(20), 8721-8727.
- Distribution of particles during solvent evaporation from films. CHEM ENG SCI, 59(14), 2961-2968.
- Modelling transport limited heterogeneous chemistry in microchannel reactors. Proceedings of the 7th Biennial Conference on Engineering Systems Design and Analysis, ESDA 2004, 3, 561-567.
- Capacitively and inductively coupled plasmas for mems applications. Proceedings of the 7th Biennial Conference on Engineering Systems Design and Analysis, ESDA 2004, 3, 545-551.
- Inverse problems in non-newtonian electrokinetic flows in microchannel networks. Proceedings of the 7th Biennial Conference on Engineering Systems Design and Analysis, ESDA 2004, 3, 553-560.
- Long solitary internal waves in stable stratifications. NONLINEAR PROC GEOPH, 11(2), 165-180.
- Nearly irreversible, fast heterogeneous reactions in premixed flow. CHEM ENG SCI, 58(13), 3005-3023.
- Fast binary reactions in a heterogeneous catalytic batch reactor. CHEM ENG SCI, 58(12), 2691-2703.
- The diffusion coefficient of a swollen microgel particle.. J Colloid Interface Sci, 261(2), 547-551.
- On solitary wave mediated heat exchange in the Antarctic boundary layer. Atmospheric Science Letters, 4(1-4), 1-14.
- Direct flow-pattern indentification using electrical capacitance tomography. Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science, 26(6-7), 763-773.
- The drag on sedimenting discs in broadside motion in tubes. INT J ENG SCI, 40(1), 7-22.
- Simulations of the probability structure of a dispersing, passive scalar. ENVIRONMETRICS, 12(6), 569-589.
- Characterization of hydraulic jumps/falls under surface tension variations in thin film flows. Dynamics of Oceans and Atmospheres, 34, 349-364.
- Strong dispersive effects on internal nonlinear waves in a sheared, stably stratified fluid layer. WAVE MOTION, 30(2), 159-173.
- Internal gravity waves: Analysis using the periodic, inverse scattering transform. NONLINEAR PROC GEOPH, 6(1), 11-26.
- Advection of pollutants by internal solitary waves in oceanic and atmospheric stable stratifications. NONLINEAR PROC GEOPH, 5(4), 209-217.
- The probability structure associated with a simple model of turbulent dispersion. ENVIRONMETRICS, 9(2), 131-138.
- The effect of chemical equilibrium on the formation of stable stratification. APPL SCI RES, 59(2-3), 283-298.
- Fluctuations in passive scalar concentration convected by a helical flow in a conducting fluid. PHYS FLUIDS, 8(6), 1631-1642.
- Book Review: Introduction to Fluid Mechanics 4th Edn. International Journal of Mechanical Engineering Education, 24(2), 151-152.
- Kinematic model of bubble motion in a flotation froth. Powder Technology, 87(1), 3-12.
- Book Review: Physicochemical Hydrodynamics (3rd Edn). International Journal of Mechanical Engineering Education, 24(1), 58-59.
- Chaos and Order: The Complex Structure of Living Systems. The Chemical Engineering Journal and the Biochemical Engineering Journal, 60(1-3), 174-175.
- FLUCTUATIONS IN DENSE GAS CONCENTRATIONS MEASURED IN A WIND-TUNNEL. BOUND-LAY METEOROL, 75(4), 321-352.
- Computational modeling for fluid flow and interfacial transport. The Chemical Engineering Journal and the Biochemical Engineering Journal, 55(3), 149-150.
- On the possibility of wave-induced chaos in a sheared, stably stratified fluid layer. NONLINEAR PROCESSES IN GEOPHYSICS, 1(4), 219-223.
- VISCOUS FINGERING IN MISCIBLE DISPLACEMENTS - UNIFICATION OF EFFECTS OF VISCOSITY CONTRAST, ANISOTROPIC DISPERSION, AND VELOCITY DEPENDENCE OF DISPERSION ON NONLINEAR FINGER PROPAGATION. PHYS FLUIDS A-FLUID, 4(11), 2348-2359.
- 3-DIMENSIONAL VISCOUS FINGERING - A NUMERICAL STUDY. PHYS FLUIDS A-FLUID, 4(9), 1901-1914.
- NONLINEAR VISCOUS FINGERING IN MISCIBLE DISPLACEMENT WITH ANISOTROPIC DISPERSION. PHYS FLUIDS A-FLUID, 3(8), 1859-1872.
- “Pushing and pulling” the equilibrium through bubble mediated reactive separation for ethyl acetate production. Reaction Chemistry & Engineering, 4(4), 705-714.
- Resonant Pulsing Frequency Effect for Much Smaller Bubble Formation with Fluidic Oscillation. Energies, 11(10), 2680-2680.
- Measuring Vapor and Liquid Concentrations for Binary and Ternary Systems in a Microbubble Distillation Unit via Gas Sensors. Chemosensors, 6(3), 31-31.
- Hydrophilic Surface Modification of PDMS Microchannel for O/W and W/O/W Emulsions. Micromachines, 6(10), 1445-1458.
- Dual plane PIV investigation of acoustically excited jets in a swirl nozzle. Nonlinear Processes in Geophysics Discussions, 2(5), 1407-1424. View this article in WRRO
- Hydrogen exchange method to identify the protein targets of drugs. Journal of Analytical & Bioanalytical Techniques, s4(01).
- A centre manifold approach to solitary waves in a sheared, stably stratified fluid layer. Nonlinear Processes in Geophysics, 3(2), 110-114.
- Comparison of Bubble Size Distributions Inferred from Acoustic, Optical Visualisation, and Laser Diffraction. Colloids and Interfaces, 3(4), 65-65.
- My Year with Manuel, Understanding Complex Systems (pp. 55-58). Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Our Adventure with Manuel, Understanding Complex Systems (pp. 59-61). Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Sedimentation of Bentonite Colloidal Suspensions Under the Effect of aWeak Magnetic Field, Surfactant Science (pp. 1047-1056). CRC Press
- Sedimentation of Bentonite Colloidal Suspensions Under the Effect of a Weak Magnetic Field, Nanoscience (pp. 1047-1056).
- Dissipative Effects on the Evolution of Internal Solitary Waves in a Sheared, Stably Stratified Fluid Layer, Selected Topics in Nonlinear Wave Mechanics (pp. 203-222). Birkhäuser Boston
- Nanoscience CRC Press
Conference proceedings papers
- Plasma Reactor Characterization of Lignocellulosic Materials on Agricultural Waste Treatment. Advanced Science Letters, Vol. 24(12) (pp 9502-9504)
- Energy Efficient Microbubble Generation Mediated by Oscillatory Flow for Water Treatment. Fourth International Conference on Advances in Bio-Informatics, Bio-Technology and Environmental Engineering - ABBE 2016
- Application of the Microbubble Enhanced Ozonolysis Technology in Biomass Utilisation. Fourth International Conference on Advances in Bio-Informatics, Bio-Technology and Environmental Engineering - ABBE 2016
- Use of raw capacitance tomography data for flow pattern control. 2nd World Congress on Industrial Process Tomography (pp 12-19)
- Microflotation for microorganism harvest. ABSTRACTS OF PAPERS OF THE AMERICAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY, Vol. 246
- Microfluidic rheometry of a polymer solution by micron resolution particle image velocimetry: a model validation study. MEASUREMENT SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY, Vol. 20(11) View this article in WRRO
- Consequence modelling of accidents in hazardous substances transportation. 9th International Conference on Probabilistic Safety Assessment and Management 2008, PSAM 2008, Vol. 4 (pp 2662-2669)
- An inverse methodology for the rheology of a power-law non-Newtonian fluid. PROCEEDINGS OF THE INSTITUTION OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERS PART C-JOURNAL OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERING SCIENCE, Vol. 222(5) (pp 761-768) View this article in WRRO
- Investigation of the convective motion through a staggered herringbone micromixer at low Reynolds number flow. CHEMICAL ENGINEERING SCIENCE, Vol. 61(9) (pp 2977-2985)
- On the mixing properties of spherically symmetric helical coherent structures in turbulence. CHEMICAL ENGINEERING SCIENCE, Vol. 61(9) (pp 2826-2834)
- Challenges for Hydrogen Generation Using Fourth Generation Nuclear Reactors. Proceedings of the International Symposium on Turbulence, Heat and Mass Transfer, 25 September 2006 - 29 September 2006.
- Microhydrodynamics of flotation processes in the sea surface layer. DYNAMICS OF ATMOSPHERES AND OCEANS, Vol. 34(2-4) (pp 327-348)
- Characterisation of hydraulic jumps/falls with surface tension variations in thin film flows. DYNAMICS OF ATMOSPHERES AND OCEANS, Vol. 34(2-4) (pp 349-364)
- An algorithm based on perturbation theory for electrical capacitance tomography. 1st World Congress on Industrial Process Tomography (pp 184-188)
- Diffusion limited mixing and reaction in heterogeneous catalysis of initially segregated species. FLUID MIXING 6(146) (pp 317-324)
- The modelling of imperfect mixing in buffer tanks. FLUID MIXING 6(146) (pp 127-134)
- Neural network modeling of surface aeration in mechanically agitated bioreactors.. FLUID MIXING 6(146) (pp 227-233)
- A CNN video based control system for a coal froth flotation.. CNNA 98 - 1998 FIFTH IEEE INTERNATIONAL WORKSHOP ON CELLULAR NEURAL NETWORKS AND THEIR APPLICATIONS - PROCEEDINGS (pp 192-197)
- Enhancement of mixing by internal solitary waves in stratified flows.. FLUID MIXING 5(140) (pp 225-235)
- Simple model of equilibrium froth height for foams: An application for CNN image analysis. 1996 FOURTH IEEE INTERNATIONAL WORKSHOP ON CELLULAR NEURAL NETWORKS AND THEIR APPLICATIONS, PROCEEDINGS (CNNA-96) (pp 237-241)
- Fluctuations in passive tracer concentration due to mixing by coherent structures in anisotropic homogeneous, helical turbulence.. FLUID MIXING 5(140) (pp 213-223)
- STATISTICAL FLUCTUATIONS DUE TO MICROSCALE MIXING IN A DIFFUSION LAYER. ENVIRONMETRICS, Vol. 6(6) (pp 665-675)
- A WEAKLY NONLINEAR INSTABILITY OF MISCIBLE DISPLACEMENTS IN A RECTILINEAR POROUS-MEDIA FLOW. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF BIFURCATION AND CHAOS, Vol. 4(5) (pp 1319-1328)
- NONLINEAR-WAVES IN STABLY STRATIFIED DISSIPATIVE MEDIA - SOLITARY WAVES AND TURBULENT BURSTS. PHYSICA SCRIPTA, Vol. 55 (pp 111-114)
- Atmospheric Moisture Content Effects on Ionic Liquid Wettability of Alumina. USES Conference Proceedings
- Computational Model for Microbubble Enhanced Performance of Airlift Bioreactor (ALB). USES Conference Proceedings
- Investigation of Bubble Size Distributions in Oscillatory Flow at Various Flow Rates. USES Conference Proceedings
- Microbubble Distillation Studies of a Binary Mixture. USES Conference Proceedings
- Apparatus and method for the treatment of a substrate with ozone microbubbles. WO2016/203252 (PCT). Appl. 22 Dec 2016.
- MASS TRANSFER PROCESSES WITH LIMITED SENSIBLE HEAT EXCHANGE. WO/2014/079993 (PCT). Appl. 30 May 2014.
- BUBBLE GENERATION TO STRIP COMPONENTS OF A LIQUID. WO/2014/060740 (PCT). Appl. 24 Apr 2014.
- RHEOMETER AND RHEOMETRIC METHOD. WO/2013/164587 (PCT). Appl. 07 Nov 2013.
- PLASMA MICROREACTOR APPARATUS, STERILISATION UNIT AND ANALYSER. WO/2010/079351 (United States of America). Appl. 15 Jul 2010.
- BUBBLE GENERATION FOR AERATION AND OTHER PURPOSES. WO/2008/053174 (Europe). Appl. 08 May 2008.