The Centre for Research into Electrical Energy Storage & Applications (CREESA) is one of the UK’s leading research centres on all aspects of electrical energy storage. It includes the unique £4.8m Battery Energy Storage Demonstrator – a 2MW grid connected research facility utilising a lithium titanate battery.
Our expertise includes:
- Static and mobile electrochemical storage applications, including advanced state of charge (SoC) and state of health (SoH) monitoring and estimation on battery packs
- Construction of advanced battery management systems
- EV power train research and design, including the operation of second life EV battery packs within grid support applications
- Large scale battery testing from <1mW through to 2MW
- Power conversion AC/DC, DC/DC, Bi-directional resonant converters
We are chemistry agnostic, have experience with all major chemistries and are partners with a number of companies with novel technologies.