Department of History
Thesis title: A Study of Changing Representations of the Dunkirk Evacuation and the Normandy Landings in the British Press, 1940-1990.
- Adrian Bingham (Primary)
- David Vessey (Secondary)
My project mainly focuses on the historical shape process of national identity in the twentieth century. It will deeply explore how British Newspapers shaped and enhanced the national identity of the British community by propagandizing two war events and their commemorations: Dunkirk Evacuation and the Normandy Landings.
- PhD History, University of Sheffield, 2020 - present
- MA Global Journalism, University of Sheffield, 2019.
- BA Global Journalism, Jinan University, 2018.
- Second-class award in University Scholarship, 2015.
- Third-class award in University Scholarship, 2017
- Teaching interests
History of The Second World War