Applying for PhD/MPhil Study
PhD study at the Information School
Our PhD programme can be studied:
- Full-time over 3 years; or
- Part-time over 6 years.
We welcome applications at any time. Successful applicants commence their studies in September or January of each year.
How to apply
- Complete the online application form.
- Attach with your application:
- Your research proposal
- Two academic references
- Evidence of your qualifications, including academic transcripts
- Evidence of an appropriate English language qualification
- You will receive an email confirming receipt of your application, and will be kept informed of any developments throughout the application process.
- You will undergo an interview prior to any offer being made.
- You will receive an offer of a place of study or your application will be rejected.
We aim to deal with all applications promptly. A decision is usually made on applications within 2 months. We advise applicants to submit their PhD application at least 3 months prior to their proposed start date.
If you have any queries regarding the application procedure, please email the Information School's Research and Resources Administrator, Matt Jones.