Our research covers Library and Information Services in all sectors and information-related issues and concerns in contemporary society.
Key research areas
- Social justice (in relation both to libraries and more broadly to information society)
- Professional roles in the library and information sector (perceptions by different stakeholders, nature and practice, changes etc.)
- Library strategy and engagement (strategic issues, and engagement with communities and users)
- Information Literacy in context (the situated meaning and practice of IL, explored mainly qualitatively)
- Information Behaviour in context (the situated meaning and practice of IB, explored mainly qualitatively) - broadly adopting Wilson's perspective on what "IB" is.