Prof Paul Clough
Professor of Search and Analytics
BEng (York), PhD (Sheffield)
- General chair for the Cross Language Evaluation Forum (CLEF) 2014 that will be held in Sheffield in Sept. 2014.
- Served on the steering committee of the European Cross Language Evaluation Forum (CLEF), since 2003 and now one of the founding members of the CLEF.
- Programme co-chair of the world’s 3rd most prestigious conference on IR: the European Conference on Information Retrieval (ECIR) 2011.
- Senior Programme Committee member for the Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM) 2010 and 2011 and European Conference on Information Retrieval (ECIR) 2013.
- Tutorial selection committee member for ACM Special Interest Group on Information retrieval (SIGIR) 2012.
- Involved in the organisation of evaluation tasks at three major international evaluation campaigns: the US Text Retrieval Conference (TREC), European Cross Language Evaluation Forum (CLEF) and Indian Forum for Information Retrieval Evaluation (FIRE).
- External reviewer for research projects for funding bodies, Including the Science Foundation Ireland, the UK Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council, the Leverhulme Trust and the Arts and Humanities Council.
- Keynote speaker at the 2nd Spanish Conference on Information Retrieval (CERI 2012) and the 7th International Conference on Computer-Assisted Information Retrieval (Recherche d'Information et ses Applications) in 2004.
- Invited speaker at the Online Computer Library Centre, Inc. in Dublin (Ohio, USA) in 2009.