BSc (Bradford), MEd (Sheffield), SFHEA (Sheffield)
The following is a selection of recent publications. A full list can be found here.
- Metacognition and web credibility. Electronic Library, 30(5), 671-689. View this article in WRRO
- Countering method bias in questionnaire-based user studies. Journal of Documentation, 67(3), 507-524. View this article in WRRO
- Diversifying assessment through multimedia creation in a nontechnical module: Reflections on the MAIK project. Assessment and Evaluation in Higher Education, 35(7), 831-846. View this article in WRRO
- Towards "metacognitively aware" IR systems: An initial user study. Journal of Documentation, 65(3), 446-469.
Conference proceedings papers
- A SCOPING STUDY INTO STUDENT PERCEPTIONS OF THE EFFECTIVENESS OF PEDAGOGICAL APPROACHES THAT IMPLEMENT TECHNOLOGY ENHANCED LEARNING AND THEIR IMPACT ON THE STUDENT LEARNING EXPERIENCE. ICERI2018 Proceedings, 12 November 2018 - 14 November 2018. View this article in WRRO
- The challenge of standards for cognitive styles adaptable biomedicine learning object. Final Program and Abstract Book - 9th International Conference on Information Technology and Applications in Biomedicine, ITAB 2009
- The role of meta-cognition in web searching to support inquiry-based learning. Proceedings of the 7th European Conference on e-Learning, ECEL 2008, Vol. 1 (pp 443-450)
- Are cognitive styles an important factor in design of electroacoustic music software?. Journal of New Music Research, Vol. 37(1) (pp 77-85)
- Cognitive Styles and Computer-Based Creativity Support Systems: Two Linked Studies of Electro-acoustic Music Composers.. Computer Music Modeling and Retrieval: Sense of Sounds, Vol. 4969 (pp 74-97)