- Martensitic twinning transformation mechanism in a metastable IVB element-based body-centered cubic high-entropy alloy with high strength and high work hardening rate. Journal of Materials Science & Technology, 124, 217-231.
- Identification of active slip systems in polycrystals by Slip Trace - Modified Lattice Rotation Analysis (ST-MLRA). Scripta Materialia, 214, 114648-114648.
- Influence of tantalum composition on mechanical behavior and deformation mechanisms of TiZrHfTa
xhigh entropy alloys. Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 903.
- Insights into tribofilm formation on Ti-6V-4Al in a bioactive environment: Correlation between surface modification and micro-mechanical properties. Acta Biomaterialia.
- The evolution of coarse grains and its effects on weakened basal texture during annealing of a cold-rolled magnesium AZ31B alloy. Journal of Magnesium and Alloys.
- A novel strategy to strengthen the hexagonal close-packed (HCP) alloys. Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 162346.
- Mobilities of Ti and Fe in disordered TiFe-BCC assessed from new experimental data. Calphad, 74, 102300-102300.
- Effect of cryomilling time on microstructure evolution and hardness of cryomilled AZ31 powders. Materials Characterization, 178.
- Underlying slip/twinning activities of Mg-xGd alloys investigated by modified lattice rotation analysis. Journal of Magnesium and Alloys.
- Facile route to bulk ultrafine-grain steels for high strength and ductility. Nature, 590(7845), 262-267.
- The additive manufacture processing and machinability of CrMnFeCoNi high entropy alloy. Materials & Design, 198. View this article in WRRO
- Fabrication of textured (Hf0.2Zr0.2Ta0.2Cr0.2Ti0.2)B2 high-entropy ceramics. Journal of the European Ceramic Society.
- Tribological behaviour of self-lubricating Mg matrix composites reinforced with silicon carbide and tungsten disulfide. Tribology International, 146. View this article in WRRO
- In-situ Ti-6Al-4V/TiC composites synthesized by reactive spark plasma sintering : processing, microstructure, and dry sliding wear behaviour. Wear, 432-433. View this article in WRRO
- Basal slip mediated tension twin variant selection in magnesium WE43 alloy. Acta Materialia, 170, 1-14. View this article in WRRO
- Exploring the mechanism of “Rare Earth” texture evolution in a lean Mg–Zn–Ca alloy. Scientific Reports, 9. View this article in WRRO
- ω phase strengthened 1.2GPa metastable β titanium alloy with high ductility. Scripta Materialia, 162, 77-81.
- Effect of deformation twinning on crystallographic texture evolution in a Mg–6.6Zn–0.2Ca (ZX70) alloy during recrystallisation. Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 774, 556-564. View this article in WRRO
- Enhancing ductility and strength of nanostructured Mg alloy by in-situ powder casting during spark plasma sintering. Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 769, 71-77. View this article in WRRO
- Deformation mechanisms in a metastable beta titanium twinning induced plasticity alloy with high yield strength and high strain hardening rate. Acta Materialia, 152, 301-314. View this article in WRRO
- Segregation mediated heterogeneous structure in a metastable β titanium alloy with a superior combination of strength and ductility. Scientific Reports, 8. View this article in WRRO
- Individual effect of recrystallisation nucleation sites on texture weakening in a magnesium alloy: Part 2-shear bands. ACTA MATERIALIA, 145, 399-412. View this article in WRRO
- Individual effect of recrystallisation nucleation sites on texture weakening in a magnesium alloy: Part 2- shear bands. Acta Materialia. View this article in WRRO
- Direct observation of precipitation along twin boundaries and dissolution in a magnesium alloy annealing at high temperature. Scripta Materialia, 138, 39-43. View this article in WRRO
- Individual effect of recrystallisation nucleation sites on texture weakening in a magnesium alloy: Part 1- double twins. Acta Materialia, 135, 14-24. View this article in WRRO
- Twin recrystallization mechanisms and exceptional contribution to texture evolution during annealing in a magnesium alloy. Acta Materialia, 126, 132-144. View this article in WRRO
- On the use of cryomilling and spark plasma sintering to achieve high strength in a magnesium alloy. Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 688, 1141-1150. View this article in WRRO
- New compositional design for creating tough metallic glass composites with excellent work hardening. Acta Materialia, 86, 208-215. View this article in WRRO
- Effect of pass deformation on microstructure, corrosion and electrochemical properties of aluminum alloy anodes for alkaline aluminum fuel cell applications. Metals and Materials International, 19(3), 555-561.
- Effects of Er on microstructure and corrosion properties of Mg-Nd-Zn-Zr alloy. Zhongnan Daxue Xuebao (Ziran Kexue Ban)/Journal of Central South University (Science and Technology), 43(12), 4646-4651.
- Fabrication of nano-structured super-hydrophobic film on aluminum by controllable immersing method. Applied Surface Science, 258(16), 5933-5937.
- Effect of TiO2addition on the crystallization of quenched glasses in the SiO2–Al2O3–ZrO2system. Phase Transitions, 84(11-12), 1035-1044.
- Effect of TiO2 addition on zirconia-mullite composites fabricated by in-situ controlled crystallization of Si-Al-Zr-O amorphous bulk. Journal of Central South University, 18(5), 1321-1325.
- The relation between heat treatment and corrosion behavior of Mg–Gd–Y–Zr alloy. Materials & Design, 32(3), 1194-1199.
- Effect of pass deformation in hot rolling on microstructure and electrochemical performances of Al alloy anodes. Zhongnan Daxue Xuebao (Ziran Kexue Ban)/Journal of Central South University (Science and Technology), 42(2), 323-328.
- Precipitation and its effect on age-hardening behavior of as-cast Mg–Gd–Y alloy. Materials & Design, 32(1), 361-364.
- Effect of isothermal aging on the microstructure and properties of as-cast Mg–Gd–Y–Zr alloy. Materials Science and Engineering: A, 528(3), 1589-1595.
- Influence of Third Alloying Element on Dislocation Slip and Twinning Activities in Mg–Nd-Based Alloys, The Minerals, Metals & Materials Series (pp. 97-103). Springer International Publishing
Conference proceedings papers
Top in the Russell Group
We are the top-ranked Russell Group university for Graduate Prospects in Materials Science and Engineering. (The Times Good University Guide 2020)