Equality and diversity
Inspirational people from all corners of the globe can be found here in the department. Originating from over 35 countries, we are proud to be a truly diverse community of over 800 scientists, students and support staff working together to push boundaries of knowledge in Materials Science and Engineering.
Key initiatives within our department are focused on promoting equality within our workplace, and developing an inclusive and thriving environment for all our students and staff.
For more information contact the Chair of the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Committee, Dr Eddie Cussen (email@example.com).
The Department of Materials Science and Engineering holds an Athena SWAN Silver Award, recognising the importance we put on gender equality and ensuring that female Material Scientists and Engineers have the maximum opportunity for career development and growth within their chosen speciality.
- Founding of Researchers Forum, to promote Career Development and Networking within our PDRA, Research Fellow and Early Career Path Academics community.
- E & D Website development
- Review of staff E & D training
- Athena Swan Bronze Award for Materials Science & Engineering
- Departmental Review of gender equality
- UG Admissions and Outreach activities
- Founding of Successful Women in Materials (SWIM) action to promote female Career Development and Networking within Materials Science and Engineering.
- Preparation for Athena Swan Accreditation
- First networking events
Equality, diversity and inclusion champions
Department of Materials Science and Engineering
Developing capabilities and understanding limitations of Field Assisted Sintering Technology in order to apply its unique processing capabilities to solve real-world industrial manufacturing firstname.lastname@example.org
+44 114 222 6030
Mr Sam Maguire