Professor Iain Todd
BEng, PhD, FIMMM
Department of Materials Science and Engineering
Professor of Metallurgy
Director, MAPP EPSRC Future Manufacturing Hub
GKN/Royal Academy of Engineering Research Chair Additive Manufacturing
+44 114 222 6011
Full contact details
Department of Materials Science and Engineering
Sir Robert Hadfield Building
Iain Todd joined the department in 2003 from the National Centre for Metals Research (CENIM) in Madrid, Spain. He obtained both his BEng and PhD at Sheffield and has held postdoctoral appointments at Sheffield, the Netherlands Institute for Metals Research (NIMR) at TU-Delft and CENIM in Madrid.
- Research interests
New and Emerging Metallic Materials: Bulk Metallic Glasses, High Entropy Alloys, Self Healing Metallic Composites and Super-Elastic Alloys: their structure; the thermodynamic and kinetic factors influencing their formation; thermal stability; Structural and Functional (e.g. magnetic) properties.
Net Shape Manufacture and behaviour of complex materials and components: Additive Layer Manufacture using Laser and Electron Beam processes; Metal Injection Moulding; Spark Plasma Sintering; Aerosol Jet Technologies for Direct Write; manufacture of microtrusses; development of bio-inspired structural components; development of Rapid manufacturing technologies for aerospace and biomedical structures.
His group is interested both in the development of new alloys and the development of new processes to enable engineering structures to be manufactured from them. Understanding the mechanisms driving the evolution of microstructure during processing is essential to developing new manufacturing processes that are fit for purpose. Our manufacturing research is conducted on the near-industrial scale and much of it is focused on detailed investigations of novel manufacturing routes based on the use of alloy powders and is conducted in close collaboration with industry. Fundamental research on emerging metallic materials concentrates on structural control and the development of new functional and structural properties.
- In situ X-ray quantification of melt pool behaviour during directed energy deposition additive manufacturing of stainless steel. Materials Letters, 286.
- Synchrotron X-ray Imaging of Directed Energy Deposition Additive Manufacturing of Titanium Alloy Ti-6242. Additive Manufacturing, 101969.
- Variation of texture anisotropy and hardness with build parameters and wall height in directed-energy-deposited 316L steel. Additive Manufacturing, 101806-101806.
- In-situ synchrotron imaging of keyhole mode multi-layer laser powder bed fusion additive manufacturing. Applied Materials Today, 20. View this article in WRRO
- Beat the machine (learning) : metal additive manufacturing and closed loop control. Physics Education, 55(5). View this article in WRRO
- A data-driven approach for predicting printability in metal additive manufacturing processes. Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing. View this article in WRRO
- The effect of oxygen pickup during selective laser melting on the microstructure and mechanical properties of Ti–6Al–4V lattices. Heliyon, 5(12). View this article in WRRO
- Investigation into using resonant frequency measurements to predict the mechanical properties of Ti-6Al-4V manufactured by selective laser melting. Scientific Reports, 9(1). View this article in WRRO
- Influence of solidification cell structure on the martensitic transformation in additively manufactured steels. Additive Manufacturing. View this article in WRRO
- Methods for rapid pore classification in metal additive manufacturing. JOM Journal of the Minerals, Metals and Materials Society. View this article in WRRO
- Anisotropy in the mechanical behavior of Ti6Al4V electron beam melted lattices. Mechanics Research Communications. View this article in WRRO
- In situ alloying of elemental Al-Cu12 feedstock using selective laser melting. Virtual and Physical Prototyping, 14(3), 242-252. View this article in WRRO
- Additive manufacturing titanium components with isotropic or graded properties by hybrid electron beam melting/hot isostatic pressing powder processing. Scientific Reports, 9. View this article in WRRO
- Publisher Correction: Damage-tolerant architected materials inspired by crystal microstructure. Nature, 1-1.
- Damage-tolerant architected materials inspired by crystal microstructure.. Nature, 565(7739), 305-311. View this article in WRRO
- Exploiting thermal strain to achieve an in-situ magnetically graded material. Materials and Design, 161, 14-21. View this article in WRRO
- Synchrotron X-ray and neutron investigation of the structure and thermal expansion of the monoclinic Al13Cr2 phase. Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 781, 1198-1208. View this article in WRRO
- Refractory metals as structural materials for fusion high heat flux components. Journal of Nuclear Materials, 512, 169-183. View this article in WRRO
- Predictive process parameter selection for Selective Laser Melting Manufacturing: applications to high thermal conductivity alloys. Additive Manufacturing. View this article in WRRO
- Exploring complex high heat flux geometries for fusion applications enabled by additive manufacturing. Fusion Engineering and Design, 136(Part A), 454-460. View this article in WRRO
- 3D printing a jet engine: An undergraduate project to exploit additive manufacturing now and in the future. Materials Today Communications, 16, 22-25. View this article in WRRO
- Thermal near infrared monitoring system for electron beam melting with emissivity tracking. Additive Manufacturing, 22, 601-605. View this article in WRRO
- Structural dependency of some multiple principal component alloys with the Thomas-Fermi-Dirac electron density. Scripta Materialia, 146, 95-99. View this article in WRRO
- Printing steels. Nature Materials, 17(1), 13-14. View this article in WRRO
- Corrigendum to “Through-thickness microstructure and mechanical properties of electron beam welded 20 mm thick AISI 316L austenitic stainless steel” [Mater. Des. 130 (2017) 488–500] (Materials and Design, (S0264127517305610), (10.1016/j.matdes.2017.05.080)). Materials and Design, 132, 448-448.
- Processing of MIM feedstocks based on Inconel 718 powder and partially water-soluble binder varying in PEG molecular weight. Powder Technology.
- No more tears for metal 3D printing. Nature, 549(7672), 342-343. View this article in WRRO
- Electronegativity and enthalpy of mixing biplots for High Entropy Alloy solid solution prediction. Materials Chemistry and Physics.
- Tailoring the thermal conductivity of the powder bed in Electron Beam Melting (EBM) Additive Manufacturing.. Scientific Reports, 7(1). View this article in WRRO
- Through-thickness microstructure and mechanical properties of electron beam welded 20 mm thick AISI 316L austenitic stainless steel. Materials & Design, 130, 488-500.
- Thermal expansion coefficients in Invar processed by selective laser melting. Journal of Materials Science, 52(17), 10517-10525. View this article in WRRO
- X-ray tomography characterisation of lattice structures processed by Selective Electron Beam Melting. Metals, 7(8), 300-300. View this article in WRRO
- The Influence of Porosity on Fatigue Crack Initiation in Additively Manufactured Titanium Components. Scientific Reports, 7. View this article in WRRO
- Fabrication of porous β-type Ti-40Nb alloys incorporated with TiH2 via powder metallurgy processing route under reducing environment. Journal of Mechanical Engineering, SI 2(2), 99-112.
- Customised Alloy Blends for In-Situ Al339 Alloy Formation Using Anchorless Selective Laser Melting. Technologies, 5(2). View this article in WRRO
- Atomic structure of Mg-based metallic glasses from molecular dynamics and neutron diffraction. Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 19(12), 8504-8515. View this article in WRRO
- Size effects in compression in Electron Beam Melted Ti6Al4V diamond structure lattices. Materials Letters, 190, 138-142. View this article in WRRO
- Investigation into the material properties of wooden composite structures with in-situ fibre reinforcement using additive manufacturing. Composites Science and Technology, 138, 32-39. View this article in WRRO
- The Effect of Electronic Structure on the Phases Present in High Entropy Alloys. Scientific Reports, 7. View this article in WRRO
- Design for additive manufacturing with site-specific properties in metals and alloys. Scripta Materialia. View this article in WRRO
- Application of layout optimization to the design of additively manufactured metallic components. Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization, 54(5), 1297-1313. View this article in WRRO
- Porosity regrowth during heat treatment of hot isostatically pressed additively manufactured titanium components. Scripta Materialia, 122, 72-76. View this article in WRRO
- On the use of cryomilling and spark plasma sintering to achieve high strength in a magnesium alloy. Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 688, 1141-1150. View this article in WRRO
- Effects of build orientation induced surface modifications on the in vitro biocompatibility of electron beam melted Ti6Al4V. Powder Metallurgy, 59(1), 57-65. View this article in WRRO
- The Effectiveness of Hot Isostatic Pressing for Closing Porosity in Titanium Parts Manufactured by Selective Electron Beam Melting. Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A, 47(5), 1939-1946. View this article in WRRO
- The effect of defects on the mechanical response of Ti-6Al-4V cubic lattice structures fabricated by electron beam melting. Acta Materialia, 108, 279-292. View this article in WRRO
- Normalised model-based processing diagrams for additive layer manufacture of engineering alloys. Acta Materialia, 108, 26-35. View this article in WRRO
- Energy absorption in lattice structures in dynamics: Experiments. International Journal of Impact Engineering, 89, 49-61. View this article in WRRO
- Dimensional accuracy of Electron Beam Melting (EBM) additive manufacture with regard to weight optimized truss structures. Journal of Materials Processing Technology, 229, 128-138. View this article in WRRO
- Aleaciones cuasicristalinas Al93Fe3Cr2Ti2. Revista de Metalurgia, 51(4), e054-e054.
- Mechanical and electrochemical characterisation of new Ti–Mo–Nb–Zr alloys for biomedical applications. Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials, 60, 68-77.
- Quantitative Characterization of Inclusions in Continuously Cast High-Carbon Steel. Metallurgical and Materials Transactions B, 46(6), 2490-2502. View this article in WRRO
- On the additive manufacturing, post-tensioning and testing of bi-material tensegrity structures. Composite Structures, 131, 66-71. View this article in WRRO
- FEEDSTOCK FLOW CHARACTERIZATION AND PROCESSING OF POROUS NITI BY METAL INJECTION MOULDING (MIM). Jurnal Teknologi, 76(11).
- Reduction of micro-cracking in nickel superalloys processed by Selective Laser Melting: A fundamental alloy design approach. Acta Materialia, 94, 59-68. View this article in WRRO
- Enhanced plasticity in the Zr–Cu–Ni–Al–Nb alloy system by in-situ formation of two glassy phases. Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 646, 973-977.
- AlSi12 in-situ alloy formation and residual stress reduction using anchorless selective laser melting. Additive Manufacturing, 7, 12-19. View this article in WRRO
- Prediction and validation of quaternary high entropy alloys using statistical approaches. Materials Science and Technology, 31(10), 1201-1206. View this article in WRRO
- XCT analysis of the influence of melt strategies on defect population in Ti–6Al–4V components manufactured by Selective Electron Beam Melting. Materials Characterization, 102, 47-61.
- The use of high-entropy alloys in additive manufacturing. Scripta Materialia, 99, 93-96.
- New compositional design for creating tough metallic glass composites with excellent work hardening. Acta Materialia, 86, 208-215. View this article in WRRO
- The effect of density and feature size on mechanical properties of isostructural metallic foams produced by additive manufacturing. Acta Materialia, 85, 387-395. View this article in WRRO
- Microstructural transformation of quasicrystalline AlFeCrTi extruded bars upon long thermal treatments. Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 643, S199-S203.
- Effect of early stages of thermomechanical processing on inclusions in high carbon steel. Materials Science and Technology (United Kingdom), 30(10), 1177-1188. View this article in WRRO
- Selection of steels suitable for additive layer manufacturing. Ironmaking and Steelmaking, 41(4), 254-256.
- Phase Transformation Temperatures (PPTs) and Microstructure of Moulded NiTi Alloy Using a Water Soluble Binder System. SAINS MALAYSIANA, 42(12), 1769-1773.
- Influence of processing on the properties of IN718 parts produced via Metal Injection Moulding. Powder Injection Moulding International, 7(4), 65-69.
- Correlation of metal injection moulded Ti6Al4V yield strength with resonant frequency (PCRT) measurement. Materials Science and Engineering A: Structural Materials Properties Microstructure and Processing, 568, 220-227.
- Investigating a semi-solid processing technique using metal powder bed Additive Manufacturing processes. 24th International SFF Symposium - An Additive Manufacturing Conference, SFF 2013, 454-462.
- Phase-separation-enhanced plasticity in a CuZrAlNb bulk metallic glass. Scripta Materialia.
- A detailed study of metallic glass formation in copper-hafnium-titanium alloys. Acta Metallurgica Sinica (English Letters), 25(6), 409-419.
- Metal Injection Moulding of Commercially Pure Titanium for Biomedical Applications. Journal of Materials Processing Technology, 212(7), 1591-1597.
- Microstructure of metal injection moulded Ti-6Al-4V after thermo-chemical treatment. Proceedings of the International Euro Powder Metallurgy Congress and Exhibition, Euro PM 2012, 3.
- Metallic glass formation in the binary Cu-Hf system. Journal of Materials Science, 1-7.
- Isomechanical groups in bulk metallic glasses. Philosophical Magazine, 92(23), 2894-2910.
- Formation of microporous NiTi by transient liquid phase sintering of elemental powders. Materials Science and Engineering C.
- Glass formation in a high entropy alloy system by design. Intermetallics, 23, 204-207.
- Phase stability, microstructure and mechanical properties of Li containing Mg-based bulk metallic glass composites. Materials Science and Engineering A.
- Glass formation in a high entropy alloy system by design. Intermetallics.
- Porous NiTi alloy by metal injection moulding/sintering of elemental powders: Effect of sintering temperature. Materials Letters, 70, 142-145.
- Fatigue behaviour of Ti6Al4V and CPTi components processed by metal injection moulding. Proceedings of the Euro International Powder Metallurgy Congress and Exhibition, Euro PM 2011, 2.
- A mathematical approach to transformation toughening in bulk metallic glasses. Scripta Materialia, 65(6), 524-527. View this article in WRRO
- TAGUCHI OPTIMIZATION OF MIM TITANIUM SINTERING. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF POWDER METALLURGY, 47(6), 21-28.
- Mechanical and magnetic properties of Cu55 Hf45 - x Tix metallic glasses. Solid State Communications.
- Mechanical and magnetic properties of Cu
55Hf 45-xTi xmetallic glasses. Solid State Communications, 151(14-15), 1014-1017.
- Simple correlation between mechanical and thermal properties in TE-TL (TE = Ti,Zr,Hf;TL = Ni,Cu) amorphous alloys. Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids.
- A study of mechanical homogeneity in as-cast bulk metallic glass by nanoindentation. Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, 357(3), 814-819.
- Implications of elastic constants, fragility, and bonding on permanent deformation in metallic glass. Applied Physics Letters, 98(2).
- The origin of microstructural diversity, texture, and mechanical properties in electron beam melted Ti-6Al-4V. Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A: Physical Metallurgy and Materials Science, 41(13), 3422-3434.
- Metal injection moulding of Ti-64 components using a water soluble binder. Powder Injection Moulding International, 4(4), 52-62.
- Classification and rating of inclusions in a high carbon steel. TMS Annual Meeting, 25-36.
- Rating inclusions in an as-cast carbon steel. AISTech - Iron and Steel Technology Conference Proceedings, 841-848.
- A study of mechanical homogeneity in as-cast bulk metallic glass by nanoindentation. Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids.
- The Origin of Microstructural Diversity, Texture, and Mechanical Properties in Electron Beam Melted Ti-6Al-4V. Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A: Physical Metallurgy and Materials Science, 1-13.
- Structural relaxation process by addition of B in CuHfTi amorphous alloys. Defect and Diffusion Forum, 297-301, 702-707.
- Properties and atomic structure of amorphous early transition metals. Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 504(SUPPL. 1).
- Effect of mischmetal substitution on the glass-forming ability of Mg-Ni-La bulk metallic glasses. INTERMETALLICS, 17(11), 968-971.
- Influence of minor alloying additions on the glass-forming ability of Mg-Ni-La bulk metallic glasses. J ALLOY COMPD, 484(1-2), 612-618.
- Effect of Phosphorus and Strontium Additions on Formation Temperature and Nucleation Density of Primary Silicon in Al-19 Wt Pct Si Alloy and Their Effect on Eutectic Temperature. METALL MATER TRANS A, 40A(7), 1710-1715.
- Elastic properties of some bulk metallic glasses. J NON-CRYST SOLIDS, 355(6), 335-339.
- High glass formability for Cu-Hf-Ti alloys with small additions of Y and Si. PHILOS MAG, 89(27), 2355-2368.
- Properties of MIM gas-atomized 316L stainless steel using a palm stearin developed in Malaysia. Proceedings of the Euro International Powder Metallurgy Congress and Exhibition, Euro PM 2008, 2, 269-274.
- Structural relaxation process in CuHfTi amorphous alloys. Defect and Diffusion Forum, 283-286, 533-538.
- Formation of Cu—Hf—Ti Bulk Metallic Glasses.. ChemInform, 38(27).
- Formation and thermal stability of Cu-Hf-Ti-M glassy alloys. ADV ENG MATER, 9(6), 496-499.
- Deformation behaviour in rapidly solidified Mg97Y2Zn (at.%) alloy. J ALLOY COMPD, 432(1-2), L10-L14.
- Nd2Fe14B-based nanocomposite magnets with transition metal and carbon additions. J APPL PHYS, 99(8).
- Processing and Properties of Inorganic Nanomaterials, 237-281.
- Effect of solidification cooling rate and phosphorus inoculation on number per unit volume of primary silicon particles in hypereutectic aluminium-silicon alloys. J MATER SCI, 40(24), 6363-6365.
- Effect of solidification cooling rate on the morphology and number per unit volume of primary Mg2Si particles in a hypereutectic Al-Mg-Si alloy. METALL MATER TRANS A, 36A(5), 1368-1372.
- The influence of processing variables on the structure and mechanical properties of nano-quasicrystalline reinforced aluminium alloys. Materials Science and Engineering: A, 375-377, 1235-1238.
- Thixoforming of aluminium 7xxx alloys produced using a cooling slope. Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Semi-Solid Processing of Alloys and Composites, S2P 2004, 999-1008.
- Assessment of different techniques for quantification of alpha-Al(FeMn)Si and beta-AlFeSi intermetallics in AA 6xxx alloys. MATER CHARACT, 49(5), 409-420.
- Modeling the kinetics of grain-boundary-nucleated recrystallization processes after cold deformation. Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A, 33(3), 529-537.
- Monitoring the precipitation reactions in a cold-rolled AlMnMgCu alloy using thermoelectric power and electrical resistivity measurements. Philosophical Magazine A, 81(8), 2059-2072.
- Magnetic properties of ultrasoft nanocomposite FaAlSiBNbCu alloys. Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, 215-216, 272-275.
- Partitioning behaviour of Al in a nanocrystalline Fe71.5Si13.5B9Nb3Cu1Al2 alloy. SCRIPTA MATER, 41(11), 1223-1227.
- Evolution of structure and magnetic properties with annealing temperature in novel Al-containing alloys based on Finemet. Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, 203, 85-87.
- Soft magnetic properties and structures of nanocrystalline Fe-Al-Si-B-Cu-Nb alloy ribbons. Journal of Applied Physics, 83, 6335-6337.
- The effect of added silicon and magnesium on the cell spacing of alpha Al in Bridgman solidified Al-0.25 to 0.75 wt.% Fe alloys. SCRIPTA MATER, 37(7), 915-919.
- Magnetoelastic properties of Al-substituted finemet alloys. INTERMAG 2000 Digest of Technical Papers. 2000 IEEE International Magnetics Conference.
- Significance of Deformation Mode in Hot Deformation. Materials Science Forum, 331-337, 443-448.
- Functionally Graded Materials, Laser-Based Additive Manufacturing of Metal Parts (pp. 217-238). CRC Press
- Developments in metal injection moulding (MIM), Advances in Powder Metallurgy (pp. 109-146). Elsevier
- Contributor contact details, Advances in Powder Metallurgy (pp. xi-xiv). Elsevier
- Developments in metal injection moulding (MIM) In Chang I & Zhao Y (Ed.), Advances in powder metallurgy: Properties, Processing and Applications (pp. 109-146). Cambridge, United Kingdom: Woodhead Publishing Limited.
- Laser-Based Additive Manufacturing of Metal Parts CRC Press
- Predicting the Influence of Porosity on the Fatigue Performance of Titanium Components Manufactured by Selective Electron Beam Melting, Proceedings of the 13th World Conference on Titanium (pp. 1447-1452). John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Structure and Properties of Some CoCrFeNi-Based High Entropy Alloys, TMS2015 Supplemental Proceedings (pp. 1147-1155). John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Conference proceedings papers
- An additive manufactured CubeSat mirror incorporating a novel circular lattice. Proceedings of SPIE, Vol. 11451. Online conference, 14 December 2020 - 18 December 2020.
- Use of 3D printing in astronomical mirror fabrication. 3D Printed Optics and Additive Photonic Manufacturing II, Vol. 11349, 6 April 2020 - 10 April 2020. View this article in WRRO
- The application of additive manufacturing to turbomachinery. Institution of Mechanical Engineers - 13th International Conference on Turbochargers and Turbocharging 2018 (pp 261-269)
- Correlating volume and surface features in additively manufactured metal parts. Proceedings - 2018 ASPE and euspen Summer Topical Meeting: Advancing Precision in Additive Manufacturing (pp 116-120)
- Optimization-driven conceptual design tool for AM components. Simulation for Additive Manufacturing 2017, Sinam 2017, Vol. 2017-October (pp 173-174)
- Combined Atom Probe Tomography and TEM Investigations of CoCrFeNi, CoCrFeNi-Pdx(x=0.5, 1.0, 1.5) and CoCrFeNi-Sn. Acta Physica Polonica A, Vol. 128(4) (pp 557-561)
- Crystalline Structures of Some High Entropy Alloys Obtained by Neutron and X-Ray Diffraction. Acta Physica Polonica A, Vol. 128(4) (pp 552-557)
- Effects of build orientationinduced surface modifications on thein-vitro biocompatibility of electron beam melted Ti-6Al-4V. Proceedings Euro PM 2015: International Power Metallurgy Congress and Exhibition
- Structure and Properties of Some CoCrFeNi-Based High Entropy Alloys (pp 1147-1155)
- Comparative study of partially water-soluble metal injection moulding feedstock based on inconel 718: The effect of polyethylene glycol molecular weight on rheology and debinding. Euro PM 2014 Congress and Exhibition, Proceedings
- Characteristics of IN718 parts produced by Metal Injection Moulding. Euro PM2013 Congress & Exhibition 2013, Vol. Volume 1 (pp 427-432). Shewsbury, United Kingdom, 15 September 2013 - 18 September 2013.
- Utilizing additive techniques to fabricate weight optimized components designed using structural optimization methods. 24th Annual Solid Freeform Fabrication Symposium (pp 879-894). Austin, Texas
- Metal Injection Moulding of Low Interstitial Titanium. Key Engineering Materials, Vol. 520 (pp 145-152). Switzerland, 5 December 2011 - 7 December 2011.
- Improved Processing of Titanium Alloys by Metal Injection Moulding. TRENDS IN AEROSPACE MANUFACTURING 2009 INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE, Vol. 26
- Effects of boron addition on microstructure and mechanical properties of Ti-6Al-4V metal injection moulding components using a water soluble binder.. EuroPM 2009 Powder Metallurgy World Congress, Vol. Vol. 2 (pp 35-40). Shewsbury, 12 October 2009 - 14 October 2009.
- Bulk glass formability for Cu-Hf-Zr-Ag and Cu-Zr-Ag-Si alloys. JOURNAL OF NON-CRYSTALLINE SOLIDS, Vol. 354(47-51) (pp 5181-5183)
- Structural and thermal properties of Cu-Hf-Ti ternary metallic glasses. PHYSICA B-CONDENSED MATTER, Vol. 398(2) (pp 480-483)
- Formation of Cu-Hf-Ti bulk metallic glasses. JOURNAL OF ALLOYS AND COMPOUNDS, Vol. 434 (pp 164-166)
- Bulk glass formation and mechanical properties for Cu-Hf-Ti-M (M = B,Y) alloys. JOURNAL OF NON-CRYSTALLINE SOLIDS, Vol. 353(8-10) (pp 839-841)
- Directly quenched bulk nanocrystalline (Pr, Dy)-(Fe, Co)-B-Zr-Ti hard magnets. JOURNAL OF ALLOYS AND COMPOUNDS, Vol. 423(1-2) (pp 99-101)
- The effect of casting variables on the structure of hypereutectic Al-Si alloys. ALUMINIUM ALLOYS 2006, PTS 1 AND 2, Vol. 519-521 (pp 1741-1746)
- Nanocrystalline powder cores for high frequency applications. JOURNAL OF MAGNETISM AND MAGNETIC MATERIALS, Vol. 242 (pp 282-284)
- The application of laser scanning confocal microscopy to tribological research. WEAR, Vol. 250 (pp 1159-1168)
- Nanocrystallite compositions for Al- and Mo-containing Finemet-type alloys. JOURNAL OF NON-CRYSTALLINE SOLIDS, Vol. 287(1-3) (pp 125-129)
- The magnetoelastic properties of as-quenched and annealed Fe73.5-xAlxSi13.5B9Cu1Mo3 (x=0, 2,4, 6) alloys. JOURNAL OF NON-CRYSTALLINE SOLIDS, Vol. 287(1-3) (pp 428-431)
- Magnetic properties of ultrasoft-nanocomposite FeAlSiBNbCu alloys. JOURNAL OF MAGNETISM AND MAGNETIC MATERIALS, Vol. 215 (pp 272-275)
- Magnetoelastic properties of Al-substituted finemet alloys. Digests of the Intermag Conference
- Evolution of structure and magnetic properties with annealing temperature in novel Al-containing alloys based on Finemet. JOURNAL OF MAGNETISM AND MAGNETIC MATERIALS, Vol. 203 (pp 85-87)
- The effect of ambient gases on surface quality and related properties of nanocrystalline soft magnetic ribbons produced by melt spinning. JOURNAL OF MAGNETISM AND MAGNETIC MATERIALS, Vol. 197 (pp 196-198)
- Soft magnetic properties and structure of nanocrystalline alloys based on Finemet. ADVANCED HARD AND SOFT MAGNETIC MATERIALS, Vol. 577 (pp 493-498)
- Soft magnetic properties and structures of nanocrystalline Fe-Al-Si-B-Cu-Nb alloy ribbons. JOURNAL OF APPLIED PHYSICS, Vol. 83(11) (pp 6335-6337)
- The effect of cumulative alloying additions on intermetallic phase selection in alloys based on A1-0.5 wt%Fe. ALUMINIUM ALLOYS: THEIR PHYSICAL AND MECHANICAL PROPERTIES, PTS 1-3, Vol. 217 (pp 201-206)
- Effect of Processing Parameters on the Properties of Metal Injection Moulded Titanium Dental Implants. Materials Science Forum, Vol. 828-829 (pp 145-151)
- Bulk Nanostructured Aluminium Alloy Al93Fe3Cr2Ti2: Processing and Characterisation. Materials Science Forum, Vol. 426-432 (pp 2417-2422)
- Soft Magnetic Properties and Structures of Nanocrystalline Fe-Al-Si-B-Cu-Nb Alloy Ribbons. 7th Joint MMM-Intermag Conference. Abstracts (Cat. No.98CH36275)
- Sinter Joining of Metal Injection Moulded Superalloy Components. EuroPM 2012 Powder Metallurgy World Congress. Basel, Switzerland, 16 September 2012 - 19 September 2012.
- Improved Titanium Powder Metal Injection Molding Using Platinum Group Metals. Powder Processing, Consolidation and Metallurgy of Titanium. Brisbane, Australia, 5 December 2011 - 7 December 2011.
- Effect of Powder Loading on Rheology and Dimensional Variability of Porous, Pseudo-Elastic Niti Alloy Produced by Metal Injection Moulding (MIM) Using a Partly Water Soluble Binder. EuroPM 2010 Powder Metallurgy World Congress. Florence, Italy, 10 October 2010 - 14 October 2010.
- Rapid debinding of a Titanium injection moulded component.. EuroPM 2008 Powder Metallurgy World Congress, Vol. Vol. 2 (pp 275-280). 2008, 28 September 2008 - 1 October 2008.
- Sintering study of CP-Ti and Ti6V4Al metal injection moulding parts using Taguchi method.. Euro PM 2009 Proceedings, Vol. Vol. 2 (pp 67-72). Copenhagen, 12 October 2009 - 14 October 2009.
- Improved Processing of Titanium Alloys by Metal Injection Moulding.. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, Vol. 26(1). Rotherham, 9 September 2009 - 10 September 2009.
- Professional activities
- Secretary of IOM3 committee on Integrated Manufacturing Processes
- Member of IOM3 Nanotechnology and nanomaterials committee
- Member of Sheffield Metallurgical and Engineering Association council
- Co-organiser of Solidification Processing 2007 Sheffield, July 2007