Dr Anton Krynkin
Department of Mechanical Engineering
The University of Sheffield
Room D220, Central Wing
Engineering Heartspace, Sir Frederick Mappin Building
Telephone: +44 (0) 114 222 7847
Fax: +44 (0) 114 222 7890
Dr Anton Krynkin obtained an MSc in Mathematics from Saratove State University, Russia, and a PhD in Solid Mechanics from Brunel University, UK. He has participated in several postdoctoral research projects in various universities in the UK, studying transient analysis in pre-stressed materials, structural vibration, material acoustics, waves in periodic arrays and waves scattered by random rough surfaces.
While working as a postdoc researcher at the University of Salford he co-authored a patent outlining the design of noise barriers based on periodic arrangements of resonant elastic scatterers (WO 2012/020239). He joined the University of Sheffield as a lecturer in September 2013. He works closely with members of the Pennine Water Group at the University of Sheffield.
Dr Krynkin's main research interests include:
- Wave problems in linear and non-linear elastic materials
- Wave problems in periodic/random media and graded materials
- Wave scattering from rough surfaces
- Asymptotic techniques and homogenisation
- Dynamically rough boundary scattering effect on a propagating continuous acoustical wave in a circular pipe with flow. Sensors, 18(4). View this article in WRRO
- Doppler spectra of airborne sound backscattered by the free surface of a shallow turbulent water flow. The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 142(6), 3387-3401. View this article in WRRO
- Doppler spectra of airborne ultrasound forward scattered by the rough surface of open channel turbulent water flows. The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 142(5), 3122-3134. View this article in WRRO
- Experimental investigation into vibro-acoustic emission signal processing techniques to quantify leak flow rate in plastic water distribution pipes. Applied Acoustics, 119, 146-155. View this article in WRRO
- Acoustic imaging in application to reconstruction of rough rigid surface with airborne ultrasound waves. Review of Scientific Instruments, 88. View this article in WRRO
- Frequency-wavenumber spectrum of the free surface of shallow turbulent flows over a rough boundary. Physics of Fluids, 28(10). View this article in WRRO
- An airborne acoustic method to reconstruct a dynamically rough flow surface. Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 140(3). View this article in WRRO
- Finite difference time domain modelling of sound scattering by the dynamically rough surface of a turbulent open channel flow. Applied Acoustics, 110, 13-22. View this article in WRRO
- Book Review: Acoustic Analyses Using MATLAB and ANSYS. Journal of Low Frequency Noise, Vibration and Active Control, 34(4), 569-570.
- A non-invasive acoustical method to measure the mean roughness height of the free surface of a turbulent shallow water flow. Review of Scientific Instruments, 85(11). View this article in WRRO
- Comparisons of two effective medium approaches for predicting sound scattering by periodic arrays of elastic shells.. J Acoust Soc Am, 134(5), 3619-3630.
- An eigenvalue correction due to scattering by a rough wall of an acoustic waveguide. Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 134(2), 939-949.
- Analytical approximations for low frequency band gaps in periodic arrays of elastic shells.. J Acoust Soc Am, 133(2), 781-791.
- Multi-resonant scatterers in sonic crystals: Locally multi-resonant acoustic metamaterial. Journal of Sound and Vibration, 332(1), 184-198.
- Acoustic insertion loss due to two dimensional periodic arrays of circular cylinders parallel to a nearby surface.. Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 130(6), 3736-3745. View this article in WRRO
- Scattering by coupled resonating elements in air. Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics, 44(12).
- Predictions and measurements of sound transmission through a periodic array of elastic shells in air.. J Acoust Soc Am, 128(6), 3496-3506.
- An effective medium model for sonic crystals with resonant elements.. The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 128(4), 2373-2373.
- Physicomechanical properties of ultrahigh temperature heteromodulus ceramics based on group 4 transition metal carbides. Advances in Applied Ceramics, 109(7), 405-415.
- Effective medium models for granular materials and composites. Proceedings of the Institute of Acoustics, 32(PART 3), 198-207.
- The behaviour of sonic crystal barrier made of resonant scatterers. 8th European Conference on Noise Control 2009, EURONOISE 2009 - Proceedings of the Institute of Acoustics, 31(PART 3).
- Approximations to wave propagation through a lattice of Dirichlet scatterers. Waves in Random and Complex Media, 19(2), 347-365.
- Resonance phenomena at the interface of two perfectly bonded, prestressed elastic strips. Journal of Mechanics of Materials and Structures, 2(5), 983-996.
- Resonance vibrations of an elastic interfacial layer. Journal of Sound and Vibration, 294(4), 663-677.
Conference proceedings papers
- An acoustic technique to measure the velocity of shallow turbulent flows remotely. GeoPlanet: Earth and Planetary Sciences (pp 181-194) View this article in WRRO
- Development of an optimal array of sensors for the reconstruction of a rigid rough surface based on scattered ultrasound. Proceedings of the Institute of Acoustics, Vol. 40 (pp 164-171)
- Approximation to wave propagation through periodic array in poro-elastic medium. Proceedings of the Institute of Acoustics, Vol. 40 (pp 172-176)
- Experimental Investigation into the Influence of Backfill Types on the Vibro-acoustic Characteristics of Leaks in MDPE Pipe. Procedia Engineering, Vol. 186 (pp 311-318) View this article in WRRO
- Reconstruction of the dynamic surface roughness with acoustic imaging technique. The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, Vol. 140(4) (pp 3024-3024)
- CHARACTERISATION OF THE FREE-SURFACE, TURBULENT WATER FLOWS WITH AN ARRAY OF ULTRASONIC SENSORS. PROCEEDINGS OF THE 22ND INTERNATIONAL CONGRESS ON SOUND AND VIBRATION
- Use of scattered airborne acoustic wavefield to recover profile of surface of shallow water flow. Proceedings of the Institute of Acoustics, Vol. 37 (pp 231-233)
- The spectrum of the acoustic waves backscattered by the dynamic rough surface of a shallow water flow. Proceedings of the Institute of Acoustics, Vol. 36 (pp 422-429)
- Approximations to wave propagation problem in the waveguide with statistically rough walls. Waves 2013. Gammarth, Tunisia, 3 June 2013 - 7 June 2013.
- Upper and lower bounds of low-frequency band gaps. Acoustics 2012. Nantes, France, 23 April 2012 - 27 April 2012.
- A novel laboratory method to measure the efficiency of acoustic insulation for pipes. 41st International Congress and Exposition on Noise Control Engineering 2012, INTER-NOISE 2012, Vol. 7 (pp 5617-5624)
- Sonic crystal noise barriers made of resonant elements. 20th International Congress on Acoustics 2010, ICA 2010 - Incorporating Proceedings of the 2010 Annual Conference of the Australian Acoustical Society, Vol. 2 (pp 1164-1169)
- On sonic crystals composed of resonating thin plates. 39th International Congress on Noise Control Engineering 2010, INTER-NOISE 2010, Vol. 5 (pp 3756-3760)
- On performance of sonic crystals in presence of ground plane. 39th International Congress on Noise Control Engineering 2010, INTER-NOISE 2010, Vol. 5 (pp 3747-3755)
- Approximation to wave propagation through doubly-periodic array of clusters. Waves 2009. Pau, France, 15 June 2009 - 19 June 2009.
- Characteristics of wave propagation through doubly-periodic array of elastic shells. 8th European Conference on Noise Control 2009, EURONOISE 2009 - Proceedings of the Institute of Acoustics, Vol. 31(PART 3)
- The effect of ground on performance of sonic crystal noise barriers. 8th European Conference on Noise Control 2009, EURONOISE 2009 - Proceedings of the Institute of Acoustics, Vol. 31(PART 3)
- Sonic crystals supporting low-frequency resonance phenomena. Symposium on the Acoustics of Poro-Elastic Materials. The University of Bradford, Bradford, UK, 17 December 2008 - 19 December 2008.
- Approximation of the dispersion relation for a periodic array of scatterers. British Applied Mathematics Colloquium. The University of Manchester, Manchester, UK, 31 March 2008 - 4 April 2008.