Dr Anton Krynkin
Department of Mechanical Engineering
Sir Frederick Mappin Building
Telephone: +44 (0) 114 222 7847
Fax: +44 (0) 114 222 7890
Dr Anton Krynkin obtained an MSc in Mathematics from Saratove State University, Russia, and a PhD in Solid Mechanics from Brunel University, UK. He has participated in several postdoctoral research projects in various universities in the UK, studying transient analysis in pre-stressed materials, structural vibration, material acoustics, waves in periodic arrays and waves scattered by random rough surfaces.
While working as a postdoc researcher at the University of Salford he co-authored a patent outlining the design of noise barriers based on periodic arrangements of resonant elastic scatterers (WO 2012/020239). He joined the University of Sheffield as a lecturer in September 2013. He works closely with members of the Pennine Water Group at the University of Sheffield.
Dr Krynkin's main research interests include:
- Wave problems in linear and non-linear elastic materials
- Wave problems in periodic/random media and graded materials
- Wave scattering from rough surfaces
- Asymptotic techniques and homogenisation
- Romanova AV, Horoshenkov KV & Krynkin A (2018) Dynamically rough boundary scattering effect on a propagating continuous acoustical wave in a circular pipe with flow. Sensors, 18(4). View this article in WRRO
- Dolcetti G, Krynkin A & Horoshenkov KV (2017) Doppler spectra of airborne sound backscattered by the free surface of a shallow turbulent water flow. The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 142(6), 3387-3401. View this article in WRRO
- Dolcetti G & Krynkin A (2017) Doppler spectra of airborne ultrasound forward scattered by the rough surface of open channel turbulent water flows. The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 142(5), 3122-3134. View this article in WRRO
- Butterfield JD, Krynkin A, Collins RP & Beck S (2017) Experimental investigation into vibro-acoustic emission signal processing techniques to quantify leak flow rate in plastic water distribution pipes. Applied Acoustics, 119, 146-155. View this article in WRRO
- Krynkin A, Dolcetti G & Hunting S (2017) Acoustic imaging in application to reconstruction of rough rigid surface with airborne ultrasound waves. Review of Scientific Instruments, 88. View this article in WRRO
- Dolcetti G, Horoshenkov KV, Krynkin A & Tait SJ (2016) Frequency-wavenumber spectrum of the free surface of shallow turbulent flows over a rough boundary. Physics of Fluids, 28(10). View this article in WRRO
- Krynkin A, Horoshenkov & Van Renterghem T (2016) An airborne acoustic method to reconstruct a dynamically rough flow surface. Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 140(3). View this article in WRRO
- Horoshenkov K, Van Renterghem T, Nichols A & Krynkin A (2016) Finite difference time domain modelling of sound scattering by the dynamically rough surface of a turbulent open channel flow. Journal of Applied Acoustics, 110, 13-22. View this article in WRRO
- Krynkin A, Horoshenkov KV, Nichols A & Tait SJ (2014) A non-invasive acoustical method to measure the mean roughness height of the free surface of a turbulent shallow water flow. Review of Scientific Instruments, 85(11). View this article in WRRO
- Umnova O, Krynkin A, Chong AYB, Taherzadeh S & Attenborough K (2013) Comparisons of two effective medium approaches for predicting sound scattering by periodic arrays of elastic shells.. J Acoust Soc Am, 134(5), 3619-3630.
- (2013) An eigenvalue correction due to scattering by a rough wall of an acoustic waveguide. Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 134(2), 939-949.
- Krynkin A, Umnova O, Taherzadeh S & Attenborough K (2013) Analytical approximations for low frequency band gaps in periodic arrays of elastic shells.. J Acoust Soc Am, 133(2), 781-791.
- (2013) Multi-resonant scatterers in sonic crystals: Locally multi-resonant acoustic metamaterial. Journal of Sound and Vibration, 332(1), 184-198.
- Krynkin A, Umnova O, Sánchez-Pérez JV, Chong AY, Taherzadeh S & Attenborough K (2011) Acoustic insertion loss due to two dimensional periodic arrays of circular cylinders parallel to a nearby surface.. Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 130(6), 3736-3745. View this article in WRRO
- Taherzadeh S & Attenborough K (2011) Scattering by coupled resonating elements in air. Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics, 44(12).
- Krynkin A, Umnova O, Yung Boon Chong A, Taherzadeh S & Attenborough K (2010) Predictions and measurements of sound transmission through a periodic array of elastic shells in air.. J Acoust Soc Am, 128(6), 3496-3506.
- (2010) Physicomechanical properties of ultrahigh temperature heteromodulus ceramics based on group 4 transition metal carbides. Advances in Applied Ceramics, 109(7), 405-415.
- Umnova O, Venegas R & Krynkin A (2010) Effective medium models for granular materials and composites. Proceedings of the Institute of Acoustics, 32(PART 3), 198-207.
- (2009) The behaviour of sonic crystal barrier made of resonant scatterers. 8th European Conference on Noise Control 2009, EURONOISE 2009 - Proceedings of the Institute of Acoustics, 31(PART 3).
- Krynkin A & McIver P (2009) Approximations to wave propagation through a lattice of Dirichlet scatterers. Waves in Random and Complex Media, 19(2), 347-365.
- (2007) Resonance phenomena at the interface of two perfectly bonded, prestressed elastic strips. Journal of Mechanics of Materials and Structures, 2(5), 983-996.
- (2006) Resonance vibrations of an elastic interfacial layer. Journal of Sound and Vibration, 294(4), 663-677.
Conference proceedings papers
- Dolcetti G, Krynkin A, Horoshenkov KV & Tait SJ (2018) An acoustic technique to measure the velocity of shallow turbulent flows remotely. GeoPlanet: Earth and Planetary Sciences (pp 181-194) View this article in WRRO
- (2018) Approximation to wave propagation through periodic array in poro-elastic medium. Proceedings of the Institute of Acoustics, Vol. 40 (pp 172-176)
- (2018) Development of an optimal array of sensors for the reconstruction of a rigid rough surface based on scattered ultrasound. Proceedings of the Institute of Acoustics, Vol. 40 (pp 164-171)
- Dolcetti G & Krynkin A (2016) Reconstruction of the dynamic surface roughness with acoustic imaging technique. The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, Vol. 4(140) (pp 3024-3024), 28 November 2016 - 2 December 2016.
- Butterfield JD, Collins RP, Krynkin A & Beck SBM (2016) Experimental Investigation into the Influence of Backfill Types on the Vibro-acoustic Characteristics of Leaks in MDPE Pipe. Procedia Engineering, Vol. 186 (pp 311-318), 24 July 2016 - 28 July 2016. View this article in WRRO
- Dolcetti G, Krynkin A & Horoshenkov KV (2015) Characterisation of the free-surface, turbulent water flows with an array of ultrasonic sensors. 22nd International Congress on Sound and Vibration 2015 (ICSV 22), Vol. 4 (pp 2745-2750). Florence, 12 July 2015 - 16 July 2015.
- (2015) Use of scattered airborne acoustic wavefield to recover profile of surface of shallow water flow. Proceedings of the Institute of Acoustics, Vol. 37 (pp 231-233)
- Dolcetti G, Krynkin A, Horoshenkov KV & Tait SJ (2014) The spectrum of the acoustic waves backscattered by the dynamic rough surface of a shallow water flow. Proceedings of the Institute of Acoustics, Vol. 36 (pp 422-429)
- Krynkin A & Horoshenkov KV (2013) Approximations to wave propagation problem in the waveguide with statistically rough walls. Waves 2013. Gammarth, Tunisia, 3 June 2013 - 7 June 2013.
- Krynkin A (2012) Upper and lower bounds of low-frequency band gaps. Acoustics 2012. Nantes, France, 23 April 2012 - 27 April 2012.
- Swift MJ, Horoshenkov KV, Krynkin A, Khan A & Rosala GF (2012) A novel laboratory method to measure the efficiency of acoustic insulation for pipes. 41st International Congress and Exposition on Noise Control Engineering 2012, INTER-NOISE 2012, Vol. 7 (pp 5617-5624)
- (2010) Sonic crystal noise barriers made of resonant elements. 20th International Congress on Acoustics 2010, ICA 2010 - Incorporating Proceedings of the 2010 Annual Conference of the Australian Acoustical Society, Vol. 2 (pp 1164-1169)
- (2010) On sonic crystals composed of resonating thin plates. 39th International Congress on Noise Control Engineering 2010, INTER-NOISE 2010, Vol. 5 (pp 3756-3760)
- (2010) On performance of sonic crystals in presence of ground plane. 39th International Congress on Noise Control Engineering 2010, INTER-NOISE 2010, Vol. 5 (pp 3747-3755)
- Krynkin A & McIver P (2009) Approximation to wave propagation through doubly-periodic array of clusters. Waves 2009. Pau, France, 15 June 2009 - 19 June 2009.
- (2009) The effect of ground on performance of sonic crystal noise barriers. 8th European Conference on Noise Control 2009, EURONOISE 2009 - Proceedings of the Institute of Acoustics, Vol. 31(PART 3)
- (2009) Characteristics of wave propagation through doubly-periodic array of elastic shells. 8th European Conference on Noise Control 2009, EURONOISE 2009 - Proceedings of the Institute of Acoustics, Vol. 31(PART 3)
- Krynkin A & Umnova O (2008) Sonic crystals supporting low-frequency resonance phenomena. Symposium on the Acoustics of Poro-Elastic Materials. The University of Bradford, Bradford, UK, 17 December 2008 - 19 December 2008.
- Krynkin A & McIver P (2008) Approximation of the dispersion relation for a periodic array of scatterers. British Applied Mathematics Colloquium. The University of Manchester, Manchester, UK, 31 March 2008 - 4 April 2008.