Post doc job opportunity - Cultural Engagement Assistant
- 3 month post-doc role to develop an ‘Ideas Gallery’ for the National Civil War Museum in Newark.
- Beginning 15 February 2016
- Closing date for applications: 14 January 2016
The Department of Philosophy are offering a three month post-doc opportunity for a Cultural Engagement Assistant, beginning 15 February 2016.
This exciting opportunity is funded by the Arts & Humanities Research Council (AHRC) as part of their activities to mark their 10th Anniversary.
The Assistant will be working on a project to develop an ‘Ideas Gallery’ for the National Civil War Centre in Newark. The Museum wishes to create an exhibit introducing the general public to some of the philosophical and political ideas and commitments – such as political and social equality, religious freedom, or authority based on a social contract – that played an important role in the Civil War era and still shape our thinking today.
The post holder will, in close cooperation with the Museum and the University of Sheffield's Daniel Viehoff:
- identify ideas to include in the gallery
- plan how to present these ideas in the Museum
- create an exhibit (potentially with the help of local artists and videographers)
Applicants should be close to completion of a PhD and have experience of philosophical and/or historical research, especially in history of philosophy/history of political thought.
Tags: jobs, phd, employment, post-doc,