Dr Felicity Matthews - Full List of Publications
- Matthews F (2013) Complexity, Fragmentation and Uncertainty – Governmental Capacity in an Evolving Polity.. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Matthews F (2018) Majoritarianism Reinterpreted: Effective Representation and the Quality of Westminster Democracy. Parliamentary Affairs, 71(1), 50-72. View this article in WRRO
- Matthews F (2017) Does decentralisation make a difference? Comparing the democratic performance of central and regional governing systems in the United Kingdom. The British Journal of Politics and International Relations. View this article in WRRO
- Matthews F (2017) Whose Mandate is it Anyway? Brexit, the Constitution and the Contestation of Authority. The Political Quarterly, 88(4), 603-611. View this article in WRRO
- Matthews F & Flinders M (2017) Patterns of democracy: Coalition governance and majoritarian modification in the United Kingdom, 2010–2015. British Politics, 12(2), 157-182. View this article in WRRO
- Matthews F (2015) Letting go and holding on: The politics of performance management in the United Kingdom. Public Policy and Administration. View this article in WRRO
- Matthews F (2015) Inaction and reaction – Coalition government and constitutional reform in the United Kingdom. British Politics, 10(3), 308-334. View this article in WRRO
- Matthews F & Flinders M (2015) The watchdogs of ‘Washminster’ – parliamentary scrutiny of executive patronage in the UK. Journal of Commonwealth & Comparative Politics, 53(2), 153-176. View this article in WRRO
- Flinders M, Matthews F & Eason C (2012) Political recruitment beyond elections: An exploration of the linkage between patronage, democracy, and diversity in the united kingdom. Public Administration, 90(2), 511-528.
- Matthews F (2011) Constitutional stretching: Coalition governance and the Westminster model. Commonwealth and Comparative Politics, 49(4), 486-509.
- Matthews F (2011) The capacity to co-ordinate – Whitehall, governance and the challenge of climate change. Public Policy and Administration, 27(2), 169-189.
- Flinders M, Matthews F & Eason C (2011) Are Public Bodies Still 'Male, Pale and Stale'? Examining Diversity in UK Public Appointments 1997-2010. Politics, 31(3), 129-139.
- Matthews F (2010) Think again: patronage, governance and the smarter state. Policy and Politics, 38(4), 639-656.
- Matthews F (2008) Ensuring the Capacity to Deliver ‐ New Labour and the Public Service Agreement Framework, 1997‐2007. The International Journal of Leadership in Public Services, 4(3), 37-52.
- Flinders M & Matthews F (2012) Party Patronage in the United Kingdom: A Pendulum of Public Appointments*, Party Patronage and Party Government in European Democracies
- Matthews F & Flinders M (2012) United Kingdom In Kopecký P, Mair P & Spirova M (Ed.), Party Patronage and Party Government in European Democracies Oxford University Press
- Matthews F (2012) Crisis as a Fundamental of Executive Politics in the Twenty-First Century In Lodge M & Wegrich K (Ed.), Executive Politics in Times of Crisis Palgrave Macmillan
- Matthews F (2012) Governance and State Capacity In Levi-Faur D (Ed.), The Oxford Handbook of Governance Oxford University Press, USA
- Matthews F & Flinders M (2011) Multi-level Governance In Badie B, Berg-Schlosser D & Morlino L (Ed.), International Encyclopedia of Political Science SAGE
- Matthews F & Flinders M (2007) Rebuilding Strategic Capacity? Multi-Level Governance, Leadership and Public Service Agreements in Britain’ In Koch R & Dixon J (Ed.), Public Governance and Leadership Springer