Back to main profile page | Back to index of Academic Staff
Thomas R Johnson - Full List of Publications
- Johnson TR, Lora-Wainwright A & Jixia L (2018) The quest for environmental justice in China: citizen participation and the rural–urban network against Panguanying’s waste incinerator. Sustainability Science. View this article in WRRO
- Bondes M & Johnson TR (2017) Beyond Localized Environmental Contention: Horizontal and Vertical Diffusion in a Chinese Anti-Incinerator Campaign. Journal of Contemporary China, 26(106), 504-520. View this article in WRRO
- Johnson TR, Mol APJ, Zhang L & Yang S (2017) Living under the dome: Individual strategies against air pollution in Beijing. Habitat International, 59, 110-117. View this article in WRRO
- Johnson TR (2016) Regulatory dynamism of environmental mobilization in urban China. Regulation & Governance, 10(1), 14-28.
- Johnson T (2014) Good Governance for Environmental Protection in China: Instrumentation, Strategic Interactions and Unintended Consequences. Journal of Contemporary Asia, 44(2), 241-258.
- Johnson T (2013) The Health Factor in Anti-Waste Incinerator Campaigns in Beijing and Guangzhou. The China Quarterly, 214, 356-375.
- Johnson T (2013) The Politics of Waste Incineration in Beijing: The Limits of a Top-Down Approach?. Journal of Environmental Policy & Planning, 15(1), 109-128.
- Johnson T (2011) Environmental information disclosure in China: policy developments and NGO responses. Policy & Politics, 39(3), 399-416.
- Johnson T (2010) Environmentalism and NIMBYism in China: promoting a rules-based approach to public participation. Environmental Politics, 19(3), 430-448.
- Johnson TR (2008) New Opportunities, Same Constraints: Environmental Protection and China's New Development Path. Politics, 28(2), 93-102.
- Johnson TR (2017) Municipal solid waste management, Routledge Handbook of Environmental Policy in China (pp. 302-313).
- Johnson T (2017) Environmental risks and authoritarian resilience in China, Risk, Resilience, Inequality and Environmental Law (pp. 188-204).
- Johnson TR, Gong T & Wang W (2016) Regulatory Capture as a Two-Way Street: Hong Kong Small and Medium Enterprises in the Pearl River Delta Region In Gong T & Scott I (Ed.), Routledge Handbook of Corruption in Asia Routledge
- Johnson T (2016) Good governance for environmental protection in China: Instrumentation, strategic interactions and unintended consequences, Good Governance in Asia: Multiple Trajectories to Development (pp. 66-72).
- Johnson TR (2015) Environmental Information Disclosure and Civil Society Innovation In Fulda A (Ed.), Civil Society Contributions to Policy Innovation in the PR China Environment, Social Development and International Cooperation Springer
- Johnson TR (2014) China In Chandler J (Ed.), Comparative Public Administration Routledge