Social Sciences Employability Hub
Collaborative projects to build employability skills and experiences for students
Welcome to the Faculty of Social Sciences Employability website. Alongside the University of Sheffield Careers Service and other support in your department, we provide a range of projects and events specifically tailored to Social Sciences subjects. We aim to support you as you start to explore careers and build experience and skills to help you move on successfully from your studies. Departments across the faculty share many common themes in terms of career opportunities and skill development - our team aims to promote cross-department events that bring students together and offer a broad experience.
Other Sources of Information and Support
The University of Sheffield Careers Service provides a wealth of information and support for students, for every stage of your career planning journey. See their website for advice on choosing a career, researching employment and further study, gaining experience, and how to make successful applications.
Information for employers and other stakeholders
We are continually looking to develop our network of employers and other stakeholders to ensure our offer to students is varied and relevant. If you are interested in any of the following, please get in touch:
- Attending a networking event to help students learn about the opportunities available to them on graduation.
- Delivering a workshop to help students develop their skills and commercial awareness.
- Hosting a student to undertake a project supporting your organisation for our Easter Workplace Insights programme.
- Delivering a presentation to students either in person or online.
- Offering any other opportunity to students that we can help you to promote