Frequently Asked Questions

Where can I park near the University?

If you are travelling to the University by car, please read our travel advice page:

Advice on travelling to the University by car

Is it possible to have a campus tour?

Yes. As well as our University Open Days for students considering studying here, we hold regular campus tours.

Undergraduate Open Days and campus tours

Postgraduate Open Days

Mature students' Open Days

Can I visit a department?

If you have already applied to study here, you will be invited to a departmental Open Day.

If you would like to vist before you have applied or at another time, please contact the department directly.

List of department websites

Where can I get something to eat or drink?

There is a huge variety of places in and around the University to buy food or drink. Whether you want to sit down for a meal, pick up a sandwich or have a pub lunch, you'll find somewhere to suit your needs.

University-owned food and drink outlets

Food and drink outlets at the Students' Union

Can I visit University accommodation?

It is only possible to view accommodation as part of a University Open Day.

You are, however, welcome to visit the site to get a feel for the area. You can download a map showing the locations of our halls of residence and self-catering properties from our Accommodation pages.

University Accommodation maps and information

Where is the Visitor Information Service and how can I contact you?

Visitor information is provided by the Student Services Information Desk (SSiD) in the Students' Union building.

Opening times are Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays) from 9am to 5pm.

You can contact the team on +44 (0)114 222 1299.

Directions to places in the University

Where can I stay when I visit the University?

Useful websites include:

University campus accommodation

Welcome to Sheffield tourist accommodation