Your future career
We have a proven record of producing multi-skilled graduates who have the academic expertise, practical experience and transferable skills needed to meet the commercial needs of the industry.
Proven graduate success
- 93% in employment within six months
- The average starting salary for our graduates is £27,000
Meet our graduates
What do our graduates do?
The majority of our graduates go into the aerospace sector, working for companies such as BAE Systems, Boeing and Rolls-Royce.
However, the interdisciplinary nature of our degrees means you’ll gain knowledge and skills which are relevant across the engineering sphere, as well as in the Finance and IT industries. Recent graduates have gone onto success in a range of roles:
- Business Analyst, HSBC Global Banking and Markets
- Cost Engineer, ExxonMobil
- Engineering Landing Gear Graduate, Airbus Group
- Graduate Engineer, British Airways
- Graduate Engineer, Rolls-Royce
- Graduate Forensic Engineer, Edif ERA
- Mechanical and Design Analyst, Atkins
- Operations Engineer, EasyJet
- Research, Design and Development Engineer, Dyson
- Rolls-Royce sponsored PhD
- Systems Integration and Validation Engineer, MBDA
- Tax Associate, Deloitte
- Weapons Engineer, Royal Navy
My university assignments with their tight deadlines and presentations emulated current employer expectations; whilst group projects taught ‘emotional intelligence’, negotiation and project management skills.
New Product Introduction Lead Engineer, Rolls-Royce | MEng Aerospace Engineering
- Aerospace design
- Energy and power
- The Armed Forces
The average starting salary for our graduates is £27,000
Giving you the skills you need to succeed
You'll graduate with the engineering knowledge and transferable skills needed to excel in the jobs market.
- Project management
- Critical thinking
- Analytical and problem solving
- Team working and independence
The course is tailored to meet future industry needs which is one of the reasons why graduates fit in very well in major organisations both in the UK and abroad. Sheffield has many industrial links specifically with major organisations within the aerospace sector.
Principal Engineer, MBDA (Missile Systems) | MEng Aerospace Engineering
Our degrees will prepare you for the world of work.
Alongside the practical and technical knowledge you'll gain, our academic and pastoral staff work closely with the Careers Service and Year in Industry Team to deliver a comprehensive programme of tailored careers support in each year of study.
- One-to-one guidance on how to write persuasive CVs and applications
- Advice on how to succeed in interviews
- Opportunities to meet recent graduates and find out about their path to success
- Engineering-specific recruitment fairs
- Industrial networking events and seminars
- Employer presentations
- Making the most of the many careers events that take place both on campus and beyond
- Advice on where to find placements and jobs in your area of interest or field of expertise
- Airbus Group
- BAE Systems
- British Airways
- Ernst & Young
- Ethos Energy
- Frazer-Nash Consultancy
- General Electric Aviation
- GKN Aerospace
- HSBC Global Banking and Markets
- Jaguar Land Rover
- Royal Air Force
- Royal Navy
- TES Aviation
A world-class university – a unique student experience
Sheffield is a research university with a global reputation for excellence. We're a member of the Russell Group: one of the 24 leading UK universities for research and teaching.