Find out all you need to know about undergraduate funding opportunities.
The Boeing Scholarship and Support Scheme
There are six new Boeing Scholarships each worth £3,300 available exclusively for prospective Home undergraduates of Aerospace Engineering starting in September 2021.
These awards are entirely funded by our industry partner, Boeing, as a way of enabling students to succeed in the field of aerospace.
- Household Income of £50,000 or less
- Have a fee status of Home
- Received an academic offer to study a full time, undergraduate aerospace course at the University of Sheffield starting in September 2021
- Be eligible to pay the home rate of fees
If your application is successful, you will be required to provide a copy of your Student Finance Entitlement letter from Student Finance, showing that you meet the relevant household income criteria.
A selection panel consisting of senior academics and professional services staff will consider your scholarship application. When making their decision, the panel member will give regard to the following:
- Has the applicant provided a clear rationale for applying for an Aerospace Engineering undergraduate course at the University of Sheffield?
- Has the applicant identified clearly how the scholarship will be beneficial to their student experience?
- Has the applicant clearly articulated future ambitions? These goals relate to the undergraduate course they have applied for, and they involve an appropriate and credible contribution from which others will benefit.
- Has the applicant clearly demonstrated leadership and/or communication skills?
- Has the applicant had to overcome exceptional circumstances?
- Scholarships will be paid directly into your bank account in two instalments of £550 per level of study, for up to three years.
- If you withdraw from the University part of all of the scholarship may be repayable.
- If you take a period of leave of absence your scholarship may be suspended.
Engineering Excellence Scholarship
If you achieve A*AA or above at A-Level (or the equivalent qualification in your country) make Aerospace Engineering your firm choice for September 2021 and are an International student, you will be eligible to receive the Excellence Scholarship.
The scholarship amount is dependent on your academic achievement: A*AA - £1000, A*A*A - £2000 and A*A*A* - £3000. Equivalent qualifications can be found here.
Once in receipt of this scholarship, you will be awarded £1,000 each subsequent academic year subject to maintaining a 70% overall average mark in the previous academic year.
Engineering Excellence Scholarships are different from University Bursaries for UK students. They can be awarded on top of other bursaries or awards you may receive at the University.
If you wish to defer your entry, you are still eligible and payment will automatically be deferred until October 2022.
You do not have to apply for these scholarships as they are automatically awarded to all eligible students when you commence your studies with us.
Fees and funding
Loans are available to cover tuition fees and living costs. Please see the central university pages for more information on fee payments.
Find a home for your ambition. A Russell Group University. Discover what's possible at our next undergraduate open day.