Find out all you need to know about undergraduate funding opportunities.
The Boeing Scholarship and Support Scheme
There are six new Boeing Scholarships each worth £3,300 available exclusively for prospective Home or EU undergraduates of Aerospace Engineering starting in September 2020.
These awards are entirely funded by our industry partner, Boeing, as a way of enabling students to succeed in the field of aerospace.
- Household Income of £50,000 or less
- Have a fee status of Home/EU
- Received an academic offer to study a full time, undergraduate aerospace course at the University of Sheffield starting in September 2020
- Be eligible to pay the home rate of fees
If your application is successful, you will be required to provide a copy of your Student Finance Entitlement letter from Student Finance, showing that you meet the relevant household income criteria.
A selection panel consisting of senior academics and professional services staff will consider your scholarship application. When making their decision, the panel member will give regard to the following:
- Has the applicant provided a clear rationale for applying for an Aerospace Engineering undergraduate course at the University of Sheffield?
- Has the applicant identified clearly how the scholarship will be beneficial to their student experience?
- Has the applicant clearly articulated future ambitions? These goals relate to the undergraduate course they have applied for, and they involve an appropriate and credible contribution from which others will benefit.
- Has the applicant clearly demonstrated leadership and/or communication skills?
- Has the applicant had to overcome exceptional circumstances?
- Scholarships will be paid directly into your bank account in two instalments of £550 per level of study, for up to three years.
- If you withdraw from the University part of all of the scholarship may be repayable.
- If you take a period of leave of absence your scholarship may be suspended.
Fees and funding
Depending on your circumstances, you may be eligible to apply for financial support.
Loans are available to cover tuition fees and living costs. Please see the central university pages for more information on fee payments.
Faculty of Engineering Excellence Scholarship for 2020 Entry
We are offering a number of scholarship awards to international, undergraduate students with established and continued academic excellence. The scholarship will be awarded to international undergraduate students who exceed the academic conditions of our standard UCAS offer.
Candidates who attain A level grades of A*AA or above (or the equivalent qualification in your country) will receive the Excellence Scholarship.
To be eligible for an Excellence Scholarship you must:
- make The University of Sheffield your first (firm) choice in the UCAS application process for 2020 entry
- be an undergraduate student
- be classed as an international student for tuition fee purposes
- be taking all prerequisite subjects for your selected degree
We will offer the scholarship in the form of a cash bursary at the start of your course should you be eligible. The scholarship amount is depended on your academic achievement: A*AA - £1000, A*A*A - £2000 and A*A*A* - £3000.
For international qualifications, visit here to confirm the equivalent of A*AA - applicants achieving the equivalent of this should expect to receive the scholarship at the minimum level.
Please contact the department to confirm the exact level of award for higher achievements.
Once in receipt of this scholarship, you will be awarded £1,000 each subsequent academic year subject to maintaining a 69.5% overall average mark in the previous academic year.
If you join us directly in year two, please contact our undergraduate admissions officer to discuss your eligibility for the scholarship.
Candidates will not have to apply for these scholarships, as they are automatically awarded to all eligible students when they commence their studies in the department. If you require further information please contact our Undergraduate Admissions Officer: email@example.com
- The scholarships will take the form of a cash bursary only.
- The scholarship will be awarded automatically – no application is required in the first or any subsequent years.
- Receipt of the scholarship in subsequent years of study is subject to you achieving 69.5% overall average mark in the previous academic year. The scholarship will be withdrawn if you fail to achieve 69.5% and it will not be reinstated in the following year.
- You will not receive the scholarship during any optional or compulsory study abroad periods or year in industry.
- Students taking the University of Sheffield International College pathway program are not eligible for the scholarship.
- The scholarship can be awarded in conjunction with other University of Sheffield scholarships as long as the individual does not become fully funded for tuition fee purposes, as a result of the sum of these awards.
All details were correct at time of publication and can be subject to change.
Fees and funding
There are a number of funding opportunities available to international students.
We offer a special fixed-fee guarantee for international students taking courses longer than one year.
Explore. Challenge. Influence. Find the right course for you.