Find out all you need to know about undergraduate funding opportunities.
There are four new Boeing Scholarships each worth £3,300 available exclusively for prospective Home undergraduates of Aerospace Engineering starting in September 2023.
These awards are entirely funded by our industry partner, Boeing, as a way of enabling students to succeed in the field of aerospace.
- Household Income of £50,000 or less
- Have a fee status of Home
- Received an academic offer to study a full time, undergraduate aerospace course at the University of Sheffield starting in September 2023
- Be eligible to pay the home rate of fees
If your application is successful, you will be required to provide a copy of your Student Finance Entitlement letter from Student Finance, showing that you meet the relevant household income criteria.
How to apply
Deadline to apply for the scholarship is anticipated to be June 2023.
A selection panel consisting of senior academics and professional services staff will consider your scholarship application. When making their decision, the panel member will give regard to the following:
- Has the applicant provided a clear rationale for applying for an Aerospace Engineering undergraduate course at the University of Sheffield?
- Has the applicant identified clearly how the scholarship will be beneficial to their student experience?
- Has the applicant clearly articulated future ambitions? These goals relate to the undergraduate course they have applied for, and they involve an appropriate and credible contribution from which others will benefit.
- Has the applicant clearly demonstrated leadership and/or communication skills?
- Has the applicant had to overcome exceptional circumstances?
- Scholarships will be paid directly into your bank account in two instalments of £550 per level of study, for up to three years.
- If you withdraw from the University part of all of the scholarship may be repayable.
- If you take a period of leave of absence your scholarship may be suspended.
We are offering a number of scholarship awards to international, undergraduate students with established and continued academic excellence.
The scholarship will be awarded to international undergraduate students who exceed the academic conditions of our standard UCAS offer. Candidates who attain A level grades of A*AA or above (or the equivalent qualification in your country) will receive the Excellence Scholarship.
To be eligible for an Excellence Scholarship you must:
- make the University of Sheffield your first (firm) choice in the UCAS application process for 2023 entry
- be an undergraduate student
- be classed as an international student for tuition fee purposes
- be taking all prerequisite subjects for your selected degree
We will offer the scholarship in the form of a cash bursary at the start of your course should you be eligible. The scholarship amount is dependent on your academic achievement: A*AA - £1000, A*A*A - £2000 and A*A*A* - £3000. Equivalent qualifications can be found here.
Once in receipt of this scholarship, you will be awarded £1,000 each subsequent academic year subject to maintaining a 70% overall average mark in the previous academic year.
Candidates will not have to apply for these scholarships, as they are automatically awarded to all eligible students when they commence their studies in the Department.
If you require further information please contact our Course Support Officer: email@example.com
- The scholarship will be awarded automatically – no application is required in the first or any subsequent years.
- Receipt of the scholarship in subsequent years of study is subject to you achieving 70% overall average mark in the previous academic year. The scholarship will be withdrawn if you fail to achieve 70% and it will not be reinstated in the following year.
- You will not receive the scholarship during any optional or compulsory study abroad periods or year in industry.
- Students taking the University of Sheffield International College pathway program are not eligible for the scholarship.
- The scholarship can be awarded in conjunction with other University of Sheffield scholarships as long as the individual does not become fully funded for tuition fee purposes, as a result of the sum of these awards.
Disclaimer: All details were correct at time of publication and can be subject to change.
Loans are available to cover tuition fees and living costs. Please see the central university pages for more information on fee payments.
Discover what sets Sheffield apart at our undergraduate open days on the Saturday 21 October or Saturday 18 November.