Prof. Gavin Reynolds
Pharmaceutical Development, R&D, AstraZeneca
TUoS contact: Prof. Agba Salman
Gavin Reynolds is a Principal Scientist in Process Engineering, based within Pharmaceutical Development at AstraZeneca, Macclesfield and is also a Visiting Professor in the Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering at the University of Sheffield.
Gavin completed a PhD at the University of Sheffield in 2001. Following this, he worked with the Particle Products Group at the University of Sheffield and was appointed a lecturer in 2005. In 2006 he joined AstraZeneca to start building the process engineering capability in Product Development. His interests include applying mechanistic modelling and simulation to pharmaceutical processes and developing process understanding. At AstraZeneca he has also gained extensive experience in developing and implementing design space descriptions and control strategy elements as part of the evolving Quality by Design initiative. Gavin is also a chartered chemical engineer and a Fellow of the Institution of Chemical Engineers (IChemE).
- T. Chan Seem, N.A. Rowson, A. Ingram, Z. Huang, S. Yu, M. de Matas, I. Gabbott, G.K. Reynolds, Twin Screw Granulation – A Literature Review, Powder Technology 276 (2015), 89-102
- M. Leane, K. Pitt, G. Reynolds, A proposal for a drug product Manufacturing Classification System (MCS) for oral solid dosage forms, Pharmaceutical Development and Technology 20 (2015), 12-21
- E. Gavi, G.K. Reynolds, System model of a tablet manufacturing process, Computers and Chemical Engineering 71 (2014), 130-140
- A. Eitzlmayr, G. Koscher, G. Reynolds, Z. Huang, J. Booth, P. Shering, J. Khinast, Mechanistic modeling of modular co-rotating twin-screw extruders, International Journal of Pharmaceutics 474 (2014), 157-176
- D. Wilson, S. Wren, G.K. Reynolds, Linking dissolution to disintegration in immediate release tablets using image analysis and a population balance modelling approach, Pharmaceutical Research 29 (2012) 198-208
- G.K. Reynolds, Modelling of pharmaceutical granule size reduction in a conical screen mill, Chemical Engineering Journal 164 (2010) 383-392
- G.K. Reynolds, R. Ingale, R.J. Roberts, S. Kothari, B. Gururajan, Practical application of roller compaction process modeling, Computers & Chemical Engineering 34 (2010) 1049-1057
- M. Oullion, G.K. Reynolds, M.J. Hounslow, Simulating the early stage of high-shear granulation using a two-dimensional Monte-Carlo approach, Chemical Engineering Science 64 (2009) 673-685.
- M.J. Hounslow, G.K. Reynolds, Product engineering for crystal size distribution, AIChE Journal 52 (2006) 2507-2517
- C.M. Chew, R.I. Ristic, G.K. Reynolds, R.C. Ooi, Characterisation of impeller driven and oscillatory mixing by spatial and temporal shear rate distributions, Chemical Engineering Science 59 (2004) 1557-1568.