Dr Alma Schellart
Senior Lecturer in Water Engineering
Department of Civil and Structural Engineering
Sir Frederick Mappin Building
Mappin Street, Sheffield, S1 3JD
Telephone: +44 (0) 114 222 5765
Fax: +44 (0) 114 222 5700
- PG Cert Higher Education Practice, University of Bradford, 2013
- PhD, University of Sheffield, 2007
- MSc, Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands, 2002
After completing her PhD on uncertainty in sewer sediment transport, Alma worked as a researcher at the University of Sheffeld, on uncertainty in integrated water quality modelling and the use of rainfall radar data. From 2011 to 2013 Alma worked as a lecturer at the University of Bradford where she expanded her research on urban rainfall and started research on energy balance in the urban water cycle and heat recovery from urban drainage systems.
Activities and Distinctions
- Collaborating on INNERS Interreg IVB project, www.inners.eu
- Co-supervisor of Mohamad Adbel-Aal, PhD project ‘Heat transfer in buried pipes’, University of Bradford
- Coordinator of Marie-Curie Initial Training Network on Quantifying Uncertainty in Integrated Catchment Studies
- Supervisor of Andrew Bailey, PhD project 'Towards Integrated Physically-Based Modelling of Urban Rainfall-Runoff Processes'
- Dec. 2011 – Dec. 2012. Royal Society research grant RG110026 (£15k): High spatial density rainfall measurement combined with spatial modelling methods to improve the management of flood and water quality in small urban catchments.
- June 2014 – May 2018. FP7-PEOPLE-ITN Coordinator of QUICS (4 million Euro)
- Rico-Ramirez MA, Liguori S & Schellart ANA (2015) Quantifying radar-rainfall uncertainties in urban drainage flow modelling. Journal of Hydrology, 528, 17-28.
- Schellart AN, Liguori S, Kraemer S, Saul A & Rico-Ramirez M (2014) Comparing quantitative precipitation forecast methods for prediction of sewer flows in a small urban area.. Hydrological Sciences Journal(7).
- Schellart ANA, Shepherd WJ & Saul AJ (2012) Influence of rainfall estimation error and spatial variability on sewer flow prediction at a small urban scale. Advances in Water Resources, 45, 65-75.
- Liguori S, Rico-Ramirez MA, Schellart ANA & Saul AJ (2012) Using probabilistic radar rainfall nowcasts and NWP forecasts for flow prediction in urban catchments. Atmospheric Research, 103, 80-95.
- Schellart ANA, Tait SJ & Ashley RM (2010) Estimation of uncertainty in long-term sewer sediment predictions using a response database. Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, 136(7), 403-411.
- Schellart ANA, Tait SJ & Ashley RM (2010) Towards quantification of uncertainty in predicting water quality failures in integrated catchment model studies. Water Research, 44(13), 3893-3904.
- Schellart A, Veldkamp R, Klootwijk M, Clemens F, Tait S, Ashley R & Howes C (2005) Detailed observation and measurement of sewer sediment erosion under aerobic and anaerobic conditions. Water Science and Technology, 52(3), 137-146.