As well as University-wide scholarships, we offer department-specific ones that our students may qualify for.
Faculty of Engineering Excellence Scholarships 2022
We are offering a number of scholarship awards to international, undergraduate students with established and continued academic excellence.
The scholarship will be awarded to international undergraduate students who exceed the academic conditions of our standard UCAS offer. Candidates who attain A level grades of A*AA or above (or the equivalent qualification in your country) will receive the Excellence Scholarship.
To be eligible for an Excellence Scholarship you must:
- make The University of Sheffield your first (firm) choice in the UCAS application process for 2022 entry
- be an undergraduate student
- be classed as an international student for tuition fee purposes
- be taking all prerequisite subjects for your selected degree
We will offer the scholarship in the form of a cash bursary at the start of your course should you be eligible. The scholarship amount is dependent on your academic achievement: A*AA - £1000, A*A*A - £2000 and A*A*A* - £3000. Equivalent qualifications can be found here.
Once in receipt of this scholarship, you will be awarded £1,000 each subsequent academic year subject to maintaining a 70% overall average mark in the previous academic year.
If you join us directly in year 2, please contact our Undergraduate Admissions Officer to discuss your eligibility for the scholarship.
Candidates will not have to apply for these scholarships, as they are automatically awarded to all eligible students when they commence their studies in the Department.
If you require further information please contact our Undergraduate Admissions Officer: email@example.com
- The scholarship will be awarded automatically – no application is required in the first or any subsequent years.
- Receipt of the scholarship in subsequent years of study is subject to you achieving 70% overall average mark in the previous academic year. The scholarship will be withdrawn if you fail to achieve 70% and it will not be reinstated in the following year.
- You will not receive the scholarship during any optional or compulsory study abroad periods or year in industry.
- Students taking the University of Sheffield International College pathway program are not eligible for the scholarship.
- The scholarship can be awarded in conjunction with other University of Sheffield scholarships as long as the individual does not become fully funded for tuition fee purposes, as a result of the sum of these awards.
Disclaimer: All details were correct at time of publication and can be subject to change.
Our league table rankings
Top 100 in the world and 8th in the UK according to the QS World University rankings by subject (2021).
11th in the UK according to the Times University League Table (2021).
8th in the UK according to the Complete University Guide (2021).
Search for a course
Use our search to find the right course for you.