Workshop on Climate Change
CWiPP hosted a workshop on Climate Change and Well-being in Sheffield on the 22 November 2007.
The topics discussed stretched across different disciplines, ranging from land use change and peoples' vulnerability to climatic extremes, to our ideas about consumption and whether this leads to greater happiness. The day provided a great opportunity to meet people from different departments and fields and exchange some ideas about how well-being is relevant to the climate change debate. Speakers included:
- Tessa Peasgood (School of Health and Related Research, University of Sheffield)
- Evan Fraser (Sustainability Research Institute, University of Leeds)
- Matt Watson (Department of Geography, University of Sheffield)
- Patrick Devine-Wright (School of Environment and Development, University of Manchester)
- Bing Chen (School of Architecture, University of Sheffield)