Masters fees and funding
Information on fees, funding, and additional costs while you study your masters in the School of Education.
Postgraduate taught fees
Postgraduate taught course fees can be found using the lookup tool.
Postgraduate masters loans
Loans are available to students studying eligible taught masters courses from October 2019. There is no minimum loan request amount and you can amend the amount of loan requested up to one month before the end of the academic year.
A number of centrally managed postgraduate scholarships are available for you to apply for.
There are some additional items which are not included in the course fee. Some general examples are listed below:
- Travel for site visits DBS update service registration for professional programmes
- Additional travel costs
- Printing of your dissertation
- Any resubmission or extension fees
- Accommodation and living costs
- Optional books or texts – personal copies will not be included in the tuition fee
- Optional field trips - where students have the option to go to alternative destinations, they may have to contribute part of the cost
- Electrical equipment e.g. laptops, digital cameras and calculators
- Resitting exams including professional accreditation exams
- Travel, accommodation, relocation and living costs for employment experience, industrial placements and clinical placements.
- Year and semesters abroad - travel, accommodation, relocation, living costs, health insurance, visas, vaccinations, ancillary materials and textbooks etc
- General printing and photocopying, including for dissertations and coursework
- Other charges for the Sheffield Graduate Award, replacement Ucards/ transcripts/ degree certificates, late registration
Postgraduate taught scholarships
Explore scholarships for postgraduate taught courses starting in 2021, including:
- 100+ scholarships worth £10,000 each for home fee paying students
- 150 scholarships worth 25 per cent of the tuition fee for international students