Collaborate with us
We believe that knowledge exchange and collaboration are the most effective ways to overcome scientific challenges. Our Knowledge Exchange team is available to unite academic experts from the the University of Sheffield's science departments with colleagues from the public and private sectors, to develop new products, processes and services.
How we can help your company
The Business Development Managers in our Knowledge Exchange team are scientists with business experience in a range of markets, and they are here to assist you in finding solutions to your problems in a variety of different ways. They are dedicated to finding the right collaboration for you – one that gets results for your organisation. They can provide:
- Access to the relevant academic partner(s) and specialist facilities
- Detailed up to date information on funding sources and help in securing funding
- Access to intellectual property, specialist know-how and licensing opportunities
- Bespoke short courses and events to aid your continued professional development and sector knowledge
- Access to our high calibre students, through placements and graduate recruitment, and
- Connections to commercial research consortia addressing issues for your supply chain
- By working with us we can combine our knowledge, skills and expertise with your business objectives; transforming ideas into new technologies, strategies, products and services.
Ways to work with us
Whether you want to outsource an entire research project or just borrow one of our scientists for a while, there are lots of different ways to collaborate with us and we're open to new ideas.
To discuss collaboration opportunities, please contact our Knowledge Exchange Team. Email ScienceKE@sheffield.ac.uk or call us on 0114 222 5078 to find out more.
Browse our case studies to find out how we work with external partners to create real impact.
The Faculty has a large number of world class facilities and technical centres. We might have just what you’re looking for.