Professor Peter Bath
Professor of Health Informatics, Head of School
- Invited speaker at the 35th Wireless World Research Forum meeting in Copenhagen (October 2015). Title of talk: "eHealth and mHealth - future perspectives"
- Keynote speaker at the 4th International Conference on “Well-being in the Information Society” (WIS 2012), Turku, Finland, August 2012. Title of the key-note speech: “The Information Society and an Ageing Society: how information can support health and well-being in later life”.
- Keynote speaker at the Health and Information Mastering workshop in Turku, Finland, June 2007. Title of talk: ‘Health Information Management: ethical issues and health information’.
- Invited speaker at the Healthcare Computing 2011 conference, the UK’s leading conference for IM&T managers in the National Health Service (April 2011). Title of talk: “The interface between information, health and healthcare delivery”.
- Invited speaker on British Computer Society (The Chartered Institute for IT) video debate on Health Informatics.
- Invited speaker at the Pan-European Consensus Meeting on Stroke Management at Helsingborg, Sweden, November 1995. Title of the talk: “The Use of Databases and Information Systems to support the care of stroke patients“.
- Guest Editor of special issues of the Health Informatics Journal to publish the best papers from the ISHIMR conferences (2008, 2009, 2010, 2012).
- Guest Editor of special issues of European Journal of Ageing (2005) and The Gerontologist (2003).
- Associate Editor, Health Informatics Journal. (2008-present). Member of Editorial Board, Health Informatics Journal. (2006-present).
- External Examiner for higher degrees by research at the following institutions: Napier University, UK (PhD, 2013); University of Malaya, Malaysia (PhD, 2013); Massey University, Auckland, New Zealand (PhD, 2012 and 2009); University of Nottingham, UK (PhD, 2012); University of Manchester, UK, (MPhil, 2011); Liverpool John Moores University, UK (PhD, 2011).
- Conference Coordinator of the International Symposium for Health Information Management Research (ISHIMR) series of conferences. Since taking over the co-ordination of the conferences in 2005, I have been responsible for collaborating with overseas institutions to host the conference in Canada (2013) Switzerland (2011), Sweden (2009), New Zealand (2008), UK (2007), Canada (2006) and Greece (2005).
- External Advisor on Personal Chair promotion panels: University of South Florida, Florida, USA; Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore; Zhejiang University, Zhejiang, China.
- Advisor to the World Health Organisation (Regional Office for Europe) (1995).