Faculty of Science Mass Spectrometry Centre Open Day 2018
This unique event will include:
- Guided tours and an overview of our facilities and how to work with us.
- Research talks from our users providing examples of how mass spectrometry is used to enhance their research in different scientific fields.
- Industry talks by New England Biolabs and Waters giving an exciting overview of state of the art techniques for both sample preparation and mass spectrometry analysis.
- Perkin Elmer will demonstrate how to use a portable GC-MS device for the analysis of volatile compounds in any research field location.
- A mass spectrometry voucher competition, giving the opportunity for shortlisted applicants to present their research proposals to win free mass spectrometry instrument time. For more information, download the guidance notes and the application form.
- An introduction to the Sheffield Bioinformatics Core Facility to discover how they can help you in the downstream bioinformatic analysis of metabolomics and proteomics data acquired in our facilities.
- Freebies and refreshments will be provided, including a drinks reception and nibbles at the end of the event.
- The detailed preliminary programme of the day can be found here.
How to register
- Attendance to the event is free.
- Registration is now closed.
New exciting PhD opportunity available!
Excited about chemical ecology?
Have a look at these two PhD projects that are fully funded and will employ mass spectrometry based metabolomics among other multi-disciplinary approaches.