How our mechanical engineers are achieving amazing feats. Issue 19 of MechEng News now available
MechEng News pulls together news from across the Department and wider Faculty, giving an insight into the varied activities that students, academics and alumni are involved in.
This quarter's issue features some fantastic stories from across the Department and how our mechanical engineers - whether students, academics, or alumni - are achieving amazing feats.
There are profiles with Dr Hadi Abulrub, as well as alumna and fire engineer, Roshni Wijesekera. There's also more about rocket engineers and student led activity Team SunrIde, the recent novel musical instrument project our first years got involved in, our community of International Engineering Ambassadors, and details of innovative research in the Department exploring how we could fix underground pipes with robots.
To access your copy, click here. For an overview of what’s inside, see below.
In Issue 19:
- Athena SWAN Silver Success
- Profile: Dr Hadi Abulrub
- Sheffield Engineers Get That Festival Feeling
- Where are they now? Roshni Wijesekera
- Helping Year 10 Engineers Gain Traction with 3D Printing
- Tribology Trust Bronze Medal for Sheffield PhD Student
- Sheffield Railway Research at First UKRRIN Conference
- @SheffMechEng In Pictures
- Research Focus: Fixing Pipes With Underground Robots
- Research Funding Awarded
- Rocketing Ahead! We Meet Team SunrIde
- The International Engineering Experience
- The Final Word
Got a story? We are always on the look-out for articles and profiles to feature in MechEng News as well as on our webpages and social media channels. If you have a story to share, please get in touch.
A global reputation
Sheffield is a research university with a global reputation for excellence. We're a member of the Russell Group: one of the 24 leading UK universities for research and teaching.