Translational Energy Research Centre (TERC) publications
Publications from researchers at the Translational Energy Research Centre.
- Sorption direct air capture with CO2 utilization. Progress in Energy and Combustion Science, 95, 101069-101069.
- Experimental and modelling study of hydrogen ignition in CO2 bath gas. Fuel, 334, 126664-126664.
- Mechanistic investigation into the formation of insolubles in bulk fuel jet fuel using quantum chemical and experimental techniques. Fuel, 334, 126202-126202.
- Comparison of TERC and TNO’s LR2 CO2 capture rigs for normal and accelerated degradation.
- Correction to “Rationalizing Product Formation in Piperazine Degradation: A Computational Study”. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, 61(47), 17393-17394.
- Correction to “Modeling AMP Degradation Product Formation”. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, 61(47), 17390-17392.
- Response Surface Optimisation of Vertical Axis Wind Turbine at low wind speeds. Energy Reports, 8, 10868-10880.
- Preparation and Characterisation of Microporous Layers Derived from Graphene Foam. ECS Meeting Abstracts, MA2022-02(39), 1394-1394.
- Efficient X-ray CT-based numerical computations of structural and mass transport properties of nickel foam-based GDLs for PEFCs. Energy, 125531-125531.
- Furthering the understanding of product formation in monoethanolamine degradation: A mechanistic DFT study. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control, 119, 103732-103732.
- The development of a chemical kinetic mechanism for combustion in supercritical carbon dioxide. Energy, 255, 124490-124490.
- Alternative architectures and materials for PEMFC gas diffusion layers: A review and outlook. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 166, 112640-112640.
- The effects of GDL anisotropic transport properties on the PEFC performance. International Journal of Numerical Methods for Heat & Fluid Flow. View this article in WRRO
- Multi-temporal resolution aerosols impacted techno-economic assessment of concentrated solar power in arid regions: Case study of solar power tower in Kuwait. Sustainable Energy Technologies and Assessments, 52, 102324.
- Improved simulation of lignocellulosic biomass pyrolysis plant using chemical kinetics in Aspen Plus® and comparison with experiments. Alexandria Engineering Journal.
- A theoretical investigation into the comparative adsorption between dissolved oxygen and oxygenate species on zeolite 3.7 Å during aviation fuel treatment for thermal stability improvement. Fuel, 317, 123451-123451.
- Dynamic models for air-breathing and conventional polymer electrolyte fuel cells: A comparative study. Renewable Energy.
- A modelling study of post-combustion capture plant process conditions to facilitate 95–99% CO2 capture levels from gas turbine flue gases. Frontiers in Energy Research, 10.
- Computational studies on the reactions of thiols, sulfides and disulfides with hydroperoxides. Relevance for jet fuel autoxidation. Fuel, 316, 123326-123326.
- Modeling and Evaluation of Ash-Forming Element Fate and Occurrence in Woody Biomass Combustion in an Entrained-Flow Burner. ACS Omega.
- Experimental study on the impact of alternative jet fuel properties and derived cetane number on lean blowout limit. The Aeronautical Journal, 1-20.
- Design and aerodynamic performance analyses of the self-starting H-type VAWT having J-shaped aerofoils considering various design parameters using CFD. Energy, 251. View this article in WRRO
- Thermo-economic and design analysis of a solar thermal power combined with anaerobic biogas for the air gap membrane distillation process. Energy Conversion and Management, 257, 115407-115407.
- A modified rule-based energy management scheme for optimal operation of a hybrid PV-wind-Stirling engine integrated multi-carrier energy system. Applied Energy, 312, 118763-118763.
- An improved kinetic modelling of woody biomass gasification in a downdraft reactor based on the pyrolysis gas evolution. Energy Conversion and Management, 258, 115495-115495.
- Optimal sizing of a hybrid PV-WT-battery storage system: Effects of split-ST and combined ST + ORC back-ups in circuit charging and load following. Energy Conversion and Management, 256, 115370-115370.
- Modelling of 3D liquid dispersion in a rotating packed bed using an Eulerian porous medium approach. Chemical Engineering Science, 250.
- Bioenergy with carbon capture and storage (BECCS) potential in jet fuel production from forestry residues: A combined Techno-Economic and Life Cycle Assessment approach. Energy Conversion and Management, 255, 115346-115346.
- Air-breathing versus conventional polymer electrolyte fuel cells: A parametric numerical study. Energy, 250, 123827-123827.
- Corrigendum to “Direct contact membrane distillation: A sensitivity analysis and an outlook on membrane effective thermal conductivity” [J. Membr. Sci. 624 (2021) 119035]. Journal of Membrane Science, 644, 120152-120152.
- Modelling mass transport within the membrane of direct contact membrane distillation modules used for desalination and wastewater treatment: Scrutinising assumptions. Journal of Water Process Engineering, 45, 102460-102460.
- On the climate impacts of blue hydrogen production. Sustainable Energy & Fuels, 6(1), 66-75. View this article in WRRO
- Impact of aromatic structures and content in formulated fuel for jet engine applications on particulate matter emissions. Journal of Energy Resources Technology, 143(12). View this article in WRRO
- Optimization and performance enhancement of concentrating solar power in a hot and arid desert environment. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 149, 111411-111411.
- Design and Techno-economic assessment of a new hybrid system of a solar dish Stirling engine instegrated with a horizontal axis wind turbine for microgrid power generation. Energy Conversion and Management, 245, 114587-114587.
- Effect of a variable organic loading rate on process kinetics and volatile solids destruction in synthetic food waste-fed anaerobic digesters. Waste Management, 134, 149-158.
- Aerodynamic Optimization of a Swept Horizontal Axis Wind Turbine Blade. Journal of Energy Resources Technology, 143(9).
- Sensitivity analysis of a vertical geothermal heat pump system in a hot dry climate. Renewable Energy. View this article in WRRO
- Construction of a reduced chemical kinetic mechanism for autoxidation of n-paraffinic solvent – a model for aviation fuel. Fuel, 294. View this article in WRRO
- The effect of biomass ashes and potassium salts on MEA degradation for BECCS. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control, 108. View this article in WRRO
- Assessment of ethanol autoxidation as a drop-in kerosene and surrogates blend with a new modelling approach. Heliyon, 7(6), e07295-e07295.
- Investigation into simulating Selective Exhaust Gas Recirculation and varying Pressurized Hot Water temperature on the performance of the Pilot-scale Advanced CO
2Capture Plant with 40 wt(%) MEA. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control, 107.
- Effects of compression on mechanical integrity, gas permeability and thermal stability of gas diffusion layers with/without sealing gaskets. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy.
- The role of energy storage and cross-border interconnections for increasing the flexibility of future power systems: the case of Colombia. Smart Energy. View this article in WRRO
- Negative Emissions in the Waste-to-Energy Sector: An Overview of the Newest-CCUS Programme.
- Experimental Evaluation of Continuous In-Situ Biomethanation of CO2 in Anaerobic Digesters Fed on Sewage Sludge and Food Waste and the Influence of Hydrogen Gas–Liquid Mass Transfer. Processes, 11(2), 604-604.
- Skeletal and Compact Validated Mechanisms for Iso-dodecane Using a Decoupling Methodology. Energy & Fuels.
- Rationalizing Product Formation in Piperazine Degradation: A Computational Study. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research.
- Effect of composition and structure of gas diffusion layer and microporous layer on the through‐plane gas permeability of PEFC porous media. International Journal of Energy Research.
- Promising Membrane for Polymer Electrolyte Fuel Cells Shows Remarkable Proton Conduction over Wide Temperature and Humidity Ranges. ACS Applied Polymer Materials.
- Techno-economic and environmental assessment of BECCS in fuel generation for FT-fuel, bioSNG and OMEx. Sustainable Energy & Fuels, 5(13), 3382-3402.
- The Prediction of NOx Emissions from Spray Combustion, Combustion Technologies for a Clean Environment (pp. 237-256). CRC Press
- Multi-Objective Optimal Performance of a Hybrid CPSD-SE/HWT System for Microgrid Power Generation, Applications of Nature-Inspired Computing in Renewable Energy Systems (pp. 166-210). IGI Global
Conference proceedings papers
- Assessment of mixtures of iso-pentanol and Jet A-1 for use in aviation gas turbine engines. AIAA SCITECH 2023 Forum
- Impact of HEFA Fuel Properties on Gaseous Emissions and Smoke Number in a Gas Turbine Engine. Volume 3B: Combustion, Fuels, and Emissions, 13 June 2022 - 17 June 2022.
- THE OPTIMISATION OF GRAPHENE-BASED MICROPOROUS LAYERS FOR POLYMER ELECTROLYTE FUEL CELLS. Proceedings of WHEC 2022 - 23rd World Hydrogen Energy Conference: Bridging Continents by H2 (pp 754-757)
- Comparison of Selectivity-Reactivity of Zeolite Coated Monoliths on Improvement of Aviation Fuel Thermal Stability. Proceedings of the 17th International Conference on Stability Handling and Use of Liquid Fuels, IASH 2022
- Density Functional Study of the Deposition and Adsorption of Fuel Species on Stainless Steel. Proceedings of the 17th International Conference on Stability Handling and Use of Liquid Fuels, IASH 2022
- Multi-objective optimal sizing of a hybrid concentrated solar power-biogas for desalination and power generation, Applied Energy Innovation Institute (AEii).
- Performance Improvement of Aerosols Impacted Concentrated Solar Power in Arid Regions: Case Study of Solar Power Tower Hybridization With Wind Turbines in Kuwait, Applied Energy Innovation Institute (AEii).
- The Development of a Chemical Kinetic Mechanism for Combustion in Supercritical Carbon Dioxide, arXiv.
- A Techno-Economic and Environmental Assessment of a Cchp System Through Systems Modelling: A Case Study of a Smart Farm in the Republic of Korea.
- Comparison of TERC and TNO’s LR2 CO2 capture rigs for normal and accelerated degradation.
- Design and Aerodynamic Performance Analyses of the Self-Starting H-Type Vawt Having J-Shaped Aerofoils Considering Various Design Parameters Using Cfd.
- Experimental and Modelling Study of Hydrogen Ignition in Co2 Bath Gas.
- Experimental and Modelling Study of Syngas Combustion in Co2 Bath Gas.