At the Department of Mechanical Engineering, we want to recognise the hard work and achievement of our undergraduate students.
That’s why both the department and wider Faculty of Engineering have scholarships for undergraduates that acknowledge and encourage academic excellence.
For more information on available scholarships for mechanical engineering and the eligibility criteria involved, please see below.
Want to know more? Please get in touch via email@example.com
Engineering Excellence Scholarship 2023 Entry (Overseas Students)
The scholarship will be awarded to overseas fee status undergraduate students who exceed the academic conditions of our standard UCAS offer. Candidates who attain A level grades of A*AA or above (or the equivalent qualification in your country) will receive the Excellence Scholarship
To be eligible for an Excellence Scholarship you must:
- make The University of Sheffield your first (firm) choice in the UCAS application process for 2023 entry
- be an undergraduate student
- be classed as an overseas student for tuition fee purposes
- be taking all prerequisite subjects for your selected degree
We will offer the scholarship in the form of a cash bursary at the start of your course should you be eligible.
The scholarship amount is dependent on your academic achievement:
- A*AA - £1000
- A*A*A - £2000
- A*A*A* - £3000
Once in receipt of this scholarship, you will be awarded £1,000 each subsequent academic year subject to maintaining a 70% overall average mark in the previous academic year.
If you join us directly in year 2, please contact our Undergraduate Admissions Officer to discuss your eligibility for the scholarship.
Candidates will not have to apply for these scholarships, as they are automatically awarded to all eligible students when they commence their studies in the Department.
If you require further information please contact our Recruitment and Employability Officer via firstname.lastname@example.org
- The scholarships will take the form of a cash bursary only.
- The scholarship will be awarded automatically – no application is required in the first or any subsequent years.
- Receipt of the scholarship in subsequent years of study is subject to you achieving 70% overall average mark in the previous academic year. The scholarship will be withdrawn if you fail to achieve 70% and it will not be reinstated in the following year.
- You will not receive the scholarship during any optional or compulsory study abroad periods or year in industry.
- Students taking the University of Sheffield International College pathway program are not eligible for the scholarship.
- The scholarship can be awarded in conjunction with other University of Sheffield scholarships as long as the individual does not become fully funded for tuition fee purposes, as a result of the sum of these awards.
- The scholarship is not available to students who apply to the University during clearing.
All details were correct at time of publication and can be subject to change.
Excellence Scholarship for NCUK 2nd-year direct entry
£1K to each applicant who achieves an overall 70% - 79.9% and meets all our entry criteria (i.e., B in EAP, minimum of 70% in Maths, and minimum of 60% in all the other modules). Then a further £1K per academic year subject to maintaining a >70% overall average mark in the previous academic year.
£2K to each applicant who achieves an overall 80% - 84.9% and meets all our entry criteria (i.e., B in EAP, minimum of 70% in Maths, and minimum of 60% in all the other modules). Then a further £1K per academic year subject to maintaining a >70% overall average mark in the previous academic year.
£3K to each applicant who achieves an overall >85% and meets all our entry criteria (i.e., B in EAP, minimum of 70% in Maths, and minimum of 60% in all the other modules). Then a further £1K per academic year subject to maintaining a >70% overall average mark in the previous academic year.
International Merit Scholarships
We offer a generous package of financial support for international students including 75 undergraduate scholarships worth £10,000 towards the annual tuition fee and 125 postgraduate taught scholarships worth £5,000 towards the tuition fee. Applications are now open for existing offer holders.