Professor John Newell-Price
MA, PhD, FRCP
Department of Oncology and Metabolism
Chair of Endocrinology
Honorary Consultant Physician
+44 114 215 9018
Full contact details
Department of Oncology and Metabolism
EU07, E Floor
The Medical School
Beech Hill Road
John Newell-Price trained in medicine at the University of Cambridge and then the Royal London Hospital. He did his specialist training in endocrinology at St. Bartholomew's Hospital, London, where he was an MRC Training Fellow from 1995-1998. He was appointed Senior Lecturer and Honorary Consultant Physician at the University of Sheffield in 2000.
The focus of both his clinical and basic research is glucocorticoids. His group has identified important aspects of epigenetic regulation of proopiomelanocortin, the key regulator of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis, and now is using this information to design strategies to modify over-expression in conditions of excess hormone secretion, such as Cushing's disease.
The clinical research programme has been investigating means of inhibiting excess ACTH in man and improving cortisol replacement in adrenally insufficient patients. This has led to the testing of Chronocort, a new and modified-release form of hydrocortisone, in Phase I studies, which has proven to replicate the normal circadian rhythm of cortisol.
Other work focuses on the diagnostic and management strategies for patients with Cushing's syndrome, and those also for patients with neuroendocrine tumours.
In the Healthcare Trust, John chairs the Pituitary and Neuroendocrine Tumour Multidisciplinary Teams.
- ENDOCRINOLOGY IN THE TIME OF COVID-19: Management of Cushing’s syndrome. European Journal of Endocrinology, 183(1), G1-G7.
- SAT-LB6 First Human Trial of an Oral Native Testosterone Shows Physiological Levels of Testosterone and Dht in Both Fasted and Fed State in Hypogonadal Men. Journal of the Endocrine Society, 4(Supplement_1).
- SAT-396 A Non-Surgical Animal Model of Hypoparathyroidism for Testing PTH Analogues. Journal of the Endocrine Society, 4(Supplement_1).
- OR25-02 A phase 3 study of a modified-release hydrocortisone in the treatment of congenital adrenal hyperplasia. Journal of the Endocrine Society, 4(Supplement_1). View this article in WRRO
- Adrenal incidentaloma: cardiovascular and metabolic effects of mild cortisol excess. Gland Surgery, 9(1), 94-104.
- Use of late-night salivary cortisol to monitor response to medical treatment in Cushing’s disease. European Journal of Endocrinology, 182(2), 207-217. View this article in WRRO
- Outcomes of Patients with Nelson’s Syndrome after Primary Treatment: A Multicenter Study from 13 UK Pituitary Centers. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, 105(5).
- Long‐term efficacy and safety of once‐monthly pasireotide in Cushing's disease: A Phase III extension study. Clinical Endocrinology, 91(6), 776-785. View this article in WRRO
- Cushing's disease—from Minnie G to key issues in the early 21st century. The Lancet Diabetes & Endocrinology, 7(12), 959-964.
- What is the appropriate management of nonfunctioning pancreatic neuroendocrine tumours disclosed on screening in adult patients with multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1?. Clinical Endocrinology, 91(6), 708-715.
- High mortality within 90 days of diagnosis in patients with Cushing’s syndrome: results from the ERCUSYN registry. European Journal of Endocrinology, 181(5), 461-472.
- Therapy of mild cortisol excess. Current Opinion in Endocrine and Metabolic Research, 8, 183-188.
- OR16-2 Osilodrostat Treatment in Cushing's Disease (CD): Results from a Phase III, Multicenter, Double-Blind, Randomized Withdrawal Study (LINC 3). Journal of the Endocrine Society, 3(Supplement_1).
- Advances in the medical treatment of Cushing's syndrome. The Lancet Diabetes & Endocrinology, 7(4), 300-312.
- P45 Gamma knife radiosurgery for the primary management of acromegaly. Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery & Psychiatry, 90(3), e36.2-e36.
- Tumor growth rate as a metric of progression, response, and prognosis in pancreatic and intestinal neuroendocrine tumors. BMC Cancer, 19(1).
- Radiosurgery as primary management for acromegaly. Clinical Endocrinology, 90(1), 114-121.
- Salivary cortisone to estimate cortisol exposure and sampling frequency required based on serum cortisol measurements. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism. View this article in WRRO
- A randomised, open-label, parallel group phase 2 study of antisense oligonucleotide therapy in acromegaly. European Journal of Endocrinology, 179(2). View this article in WRRO
- New Molecular Targets for Treatment of Cushing’s Disease. Endocrinology and Metabolism Clinics of North America, 47(2), 367-373.
- A prospective longitudinal study of Pasireotide in Nelson’s syndrome. Pituitary, 21(3), 247-255. View this article in WRRO
- Preoperative medical treatment in Cushing’s syndrome: frequency of use and its impact on postoperative assessment: data from ERCUSYN. European Journal of Endocrinology, 178(4), 399-409.
- Worse Health-Related Quality of Life at long-term follow-up in patients with Cushing's disease than patients with cortisol producing adenoma. Data from the ERCUSYN. Clinical Endocrinology, 88(6), 787-798.
- Treatment of aggressive pituitary tumours and carcinomas: results of a European Society of Endocrinology (ESE) survey 2016. European Journal of Endocrinology, 265-276.
- Adrenocortical incidentalomas and bone: from molecular insights to clinical perspectives. Endocrine, 62(3), 506-516.
- Correction to: Adrenocortical incidentalomas and bone: from molecular insights to clinical perspectives. Endocrine, 62(3), 517-518.
- Development of a rapid liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry method for the quantitation of serum dexamethasone and its clinical verification. Annals of Clinical Biochemistry: International Journal of Laboratory Medicine, 55(6), 665-672.
- Efficacy and safety of once-monthly pasireotide in Cushing's disease: a 12 month clinical trial. The Lancet Diabetes and Endocrinology, 6(1), 17-26. View this article in WRRO
- Endocrine problems in the critically ill 2: endocrine emergencies. BJA Education, 17(11), 377-382.
- Pasireotide: successful treatment of a sparsely granulated tumour in a resistant case of acromegaly. Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Case Reports. View this article in WRRO
- Resetting the Abnormal Circadian Cortisol Rhythm in Adrenal Incidentaloma Patients With Mild Autonomous Cortisol Secretion. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, 102(9), 3461-3469. View this article in WRRO
- CME Endocrinology (108461): self-assessment questionnaire. Clinical Medicine, 17(3), 278-279.
- Recent advances in understanding Cushing disease: resistance to glucocorticoid negative feedback and somatic USP8 mutations. F1000Research, 6, 613-613. View this article in WRRO
- Pasireotide: successful treatment of a resistant case of Acromegaly. Endocrine Abstracts, 48. View this article in WRRO
- Cushing's syndrome. Medicine, 45(8), 475-479.
- Rapid-sequence MRI for long-term surveillance for paraganglioma and phaeochromocytoma in patients with succinate dehydrogenase mutations. European Journal of Endocrinology, 175, 561-570. View this article in WRRO
- Disease-modifying polymorphisms and C609Y mutation of RET associated with high penetrance of phaeochromocytoma and low rate of MTC in MEN2A. Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Case Reports. View this article in WRRO
- Late-night salivary cortisol may be valuable for assessing treatment response in patients with Cushing’s disease: 12-month, Phase III pasireotide study. Endocrine, 54(2), 516-523. View this article in WRRO
- Management of adrenal incidentalomas: European Society of Endocrinology Clinical Practice Guideline in collaboration with the European Network for the Study of Adrenal Tumors. European Journal of Endocrinology, 175(2), G1-G34.
- Pituitary gland: Mortality in Cushing disease. Nature Reviews Endocrinology, 12(9), 502-503.
- Complications of Cushing's syndrome: state of the art. The Lancet Diabetes & Endocrinology, 4(7), 611-629.
- Mutations in succinate dehydrogenase B (SDHB) enhance neutrophil survival independent of HIF-1α expression. Blood, 127(21), 2641-2644. View this article in WRRO
- Cushing's Syndrome: Where and How to Find It. Frontiers of Hormone Research, 46, 15-27.
- Adrenal surgery in England: Better Outcomes in High Volume Practices. Clinical Endocrinology, 85(1), 17-20.
- Effectiveness of Metyrapone in Treating Cushing's Syndrome: A Retrospective Multicenter Study in 195 Patients. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, 100(11), 4146-4154. View this article in WRRO
- Phase III study of pasireotide long-acting release in patients with metastatic neuroendocrine tumors and carcinoid symptoms refractory to available somatostatin analogues. Drug Design, Development and Therapy, 9, 5075-5075. View this article in WRRO
- Treatment of Cushing's Syndrome: An Endocrine Society Clinical Practice Guideline. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, 100(8), 2807-2831.
- Subclinical hypercortisolism in adrenal incidentaloma. Current Opinion in Endocrinology & Diabetes and Obesity, 22(3), 185-192.
- Diagnosis of Cushing’s disease. Pituitary, 18(2), 206-210.
- Clinical EndocrinologyEducation Project: a tribute to Professor Steve Judd. Clinical Endocrinology, 82(5), 623-623.
- THERAPY OF ENDOCRINE DISEASE: Steroidogenesis enzyme inhibitors in Cushing's syndrome. European Journal of Endocrinology, 172(6), R263-R280.
- Cortisol as a Marker for Increased Mortality in Patients with Incidental Adrenocortical Adenomas. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, 99(12), 4462-4470.
- Rapid-Sequence MRI for Long-Term Monitoring of Succinate Dehydrogenase (SDHx) Mutation Carriers. ENDOCRINE REVIEWS, 35(3).
- Clinical Effectiveness of Metyrapone Monotherapy in 195 Patients with Cushing's Syndrome. ENDOCRINE REVIEWS, 35(3).
- Effectiveness of Stereotactic Gamma Knife Radiosurgery for the Treatment of Acromegaly. ENDOCRINE REVIEWS, 35(3).
- Biological Variability of Plasma 5-Hiaa. ENDOCRINE REVIEWS, 35(3).
- Ketoconazole as an adrenal steroidogenesis inhibitor: effectiveness and risks in the treatment of Cushing's disease.. J Clin Endocrinol Metab, 99(5), 1586-1588.
- Pasireotide treatment significantly improves clinical signs and symptoms in patients with Cushing's disease: results from a Phase III study.. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf), 81(3), 408-417.
- High variability in baseline urinary free cortisol values in patients with Cushing's disease.. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf), 80(2), 261-269. View this article in WRRO
- Selection of a mineralocorticoid receptor antagonist for patients with hypertension or heart failure.. Eur J Heart Fail, 16(2), 143-150.
- Cushing's syndrome. Medicine (United Kingdom), 41(9), 508-511.
- A multicenter, randomized, blinded, phase III study of pasireotide LAR versus octreotide LAR in patients with metastatic neuroendocrine tumors (NET) with disease-related symptoms inadequately controlled by somatostatin analogs.. Journal of Clinical Oncology, 31(15_suppl), 4031-4031.
- Visceral fat accumulation and postdexamethasone serum cortisol levels in patients with adrenal incidentaloma.. J Clin Endocrinol Metab, 98(6), 2383-2391.
- Circulating serotonin and bone density, structure, and turnover in carcinoid syndrome.. J Clin Endocrinol Metab, 98(7), 2902-2907.
- Mifepristone reduces insulin resistance in patient volunteers with adrenal incidentalomas that secrete low levels of cortisol: a pilot study.. PLoS One, 8(4), e60984. View this article in WRRO
- Relationship between psychological stress and recurrent miscarriage.. Reprod Biomed Online, 25(2), 180-189.
- A 12-month phase 3 study of pasireotide in Cushing's disease.. N Engl J Med, 366(10), 914-924.
- Effective combination treatment with cabergoline and low-dose pegvisomant in active acromegaly: a prospective clinical trial.. J Clin Endocrinol Metab, 97(4), 1187-1193.
- Effective combination treatment with cabergoline and low-dose pegvisomant in active acromegaly: A prospective clinical trial: Editorial Comment. Obstetrical and Gynecological Survey, 67(8), 475-477.
- Guidelines for the management of gastroenteropancreatic neuroendocrine (including carcinoid) tumours (NETs).. Gut, 61(1), 6-32.
- Whither pituitary incidentaloma?. J Clin Endocrinol Metab, 96(4), 939-941.
- Assessing adrenal status in patients before and immediately after coronary artery bypass graft surgery.. Eur J Endocrinol, 164(3), 413-419.
- New formulations and approaches in the medical treatment of acromegaly.. Curr Opin Endocrinol Diabetes Obes, 17(4), 350-355.
- Management of diabetes mellitus in Cushing's syndrome.. Neuroendocrinology, 92 Suppl 1, 82-85.
- Diagnosis/differential diagnosis of Cushing's syndrome: a review of best practice.. Best Pract Res Clin Endocrinol Metab, 23 Suppl 1, S5-14.
- Adrenal gland: Hypertension during remission of childhood Cushing syndrome.. Nat Rev Endocrinol, 5(11), 591-592.
- Simultaneous measurement of cortisol and cortisone in human saliva using liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry: application in basal and stimulated conditions.. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci, 877(29), 3771-3775.
- Modified-release hydrocortisone to provide circadian cortisol profiles.. J Clin Endocrinol Metab, 94(5), 1548-1554. View this article in WRRO
- Inadequacies of glucocorticoid replacement and improvements by physiological circadian therapy.. Eur J Endocrinol, 160(5), 719-729.
- Cushing's Disease, 253-261.
- Cushing's syndrome. Medicine, 37(8), 403-406.
- Treatment of adrenocorticotropin-dependent Cushing's syndrome: A consensus statement. J CLIN ENDOCR METAB, 93(7), 2454-2462.
- Continuous glucose monitoring in patients with insulinoma.. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf), 68(6), 912-918.
- Gluteal nodules in patients with metastatic midgut carcinoid disease treated with depot somatostatin analogs.. J Clin Endocrinol Metab, 93(5), 1860-1864.
- The diagnosis of Cushing's syndrome: an Endocrine Society Clinical Practice Guideline.. J Clin Endocrinol Metab, 93(5), 1526-1540.
- Cushing's syndrome.. Clin Med (Lond), 8(2), 204-208.
- Diagnosis of Cushing's syndrome: comparison of the specificity of first-line biochemical tests.. Nat Clin Pract Endocrinol Metab, 4(4), 192-193.
- Wide variation in surgical outcomes for acromegaly in the UK. Clinical Endocrinology, 68(1), 136-142.
- Modified-release hydrocortisone for circadian therapy: a proof-of-principle study in dexamethasone-suppressed normal volunteers.. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf), 68(1), 130-135.
- Home administration of lanreotide Autogel by patients with acromegaly, or their partners, is safe and effective.. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf), 68(3), 343-349. View this article in WRRO
- Differential diagnosis of Cushing's syndrome.. Arq Bras Endocrinol Metabol, 51(8), 1199-1206.
- Nelson's Syndrome.. Arq Bras Endocrinol Metabol, 51(8), 1392-1396.
- Harvey Cushing and Philip Hench: pituitary basophilism meets cortisone excess.. Arq Bras Endocrinol Metabol, 51(8), 1182-1184.
- Ineffectiveness of rosiglitazone therapy in Nelson's syndrome.. J Clin Endocrinol Metab, 92(5), 1758-1763.
- Circadian hydrocortisone infusions in patients with adrenal insufficiency and congenital adrenal hyperplasia.. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf), 65(1), 45-50.
- Cushing's syndrome.. Lancet, 367(9522), 1605-1617.
- The ectopic adrenocorticotropin syndrome: clinical features, diagnosis, management, and long-term follow-up.. J Clin Endocrinol Metab, 91(2), 371-377.
- Effectiveness of adding dopamine agonist therapy to long-acting somatostatin analogues in the management of acromegaly.. Eur J Endocrinol, 152(4), 569-574.
- Effectiveness of combined dopamine agonist and long-acting somatostatin analogues in the management of resistant acromegaly. EUR J ENDOCRINOL, 152.
- Cushing's syndrome. Medicine, 33(11), 11-13.
- Endocrine emergencies.. Postgrad Med J, 80(947), 506-515.
- Weight-related dosing, timing and monitoring hydrocortisone replacement therapy in patients with adrenal insufficiency.. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf), 61(3), 367-375.
- Diagnosis and complications of Cushing's syndrome: A consensus statement. J CLIN ENDOCR METAB, 88(12), 5593-5602.
- Managing adrenal disorders.. Practitioner, 247(1648), 588-592.
- Patients with chronic pain and abnormal pituitary function require investigation.. Lancet, 361(9376), 2203-2204.
- Proopiomelanocortin gene expression and DNA methylation: implications for Cushing's syndrome and beyond.. J Endocrinol, 177(3), 365-372.
- Optimisation of Hydrocortisone Replacement Therapy. Clinical Science, 103(s47), 24P-24P.
- Biochemical and imaging evaluation of Cushing's syndrome.. Minerva Endocrinol, 27(2), 95-118.
- Optimal Response Criteria for the Human CRH Test in the Differential Diagnosis of ACTH-Dependent Cushing's Syndrome. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, 87(4), 1640-1645.
- Optimal response criteria for the human CRH test in the differential diagnosis of ACTH-dependent Cushing's syndrome.. J Clin Endocrinol Metab, 87(4), 1640-1645.
- Transsphenoidal surgery for Cushing's disease: defining cure and following outcome.. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf), 56(1), 19-21.
- Endocrine emergencies. CPD Journal Acute Medicine, 1(1), 4-8.
- The differential diagnosis of Cushing's syndrome.. Ann Endocrinol (Paris), 62(2), 173-179.
- The CpG island promoter of the human proopiomelanocortin gene is methylated in nonexpressing normal tissue and tumors and represses expression.. Mol Endocrinol, 15(2), 338-348.
- DNA methylation and silencing of gene expression.. Trends Endocrinol Metab, 11(4), 142-148.
- Complications of inferior petrosel sinus sampling.. J Clin Endocrinol Metab, 85(4), 1741.
- Diagnosis and management of Cushing's syndrome.. Lancet, 353(9170), 2087-2088.
- Desmopressin normalizes the blunted adrenocorticotropin response to corticotropin-releasing hormone in melancholic depression: evidence of enhanced vasopressinergic responsivity.. J Clin Endocrinol Metab, 84(6), 2238-2240.
- CT appearance of the adrenal glands in adrenocorticotrophic hormone-dependent Cushing's syndrome.. AJR Am J Roentgenol, 172(4), 997-1002.
- Computed tomography appearance of the thymus and anterior mediastinum in active Cushing's syndrome.. J Clin Endocrinol Metab, 84(2), 602-605.
- A critical analysis of the value of simultaneous inferior petrosal sinus sampling in Cushing's disease and the occult ectopic adrenocorticotropin syndrome.. J Clin Endocrinol Metab, 84(2), 487-492.
- The pituitary adrenal axis. Frontiers of Hormone Research, 24, 110-130.
- The diagnosis and differential diagnosis of Cushing's syndrome.. Horm Res, 51 Suppl 3, 81-94.
- The Diagnosis and Differential Diagnosis of Cushing's Syndrome and Pseudo-Cushing's States. Endocrine Reviews, 19(5), 647-672.
- The diagnosis and differential diagnosis of Cushing's syndrome and pseudo-Cushing's states.. Endocr Rev, 19(5), 647-672.
- Menstrual abnormalities in women with Cushing's disease are correlated with hypercortisolemia rather than raised circulating androgen levels.. J Clin Endocrinol Metab, 83(9), 3083-3088.
- The desmopressin test and Cushing's syndrome: current state of play.. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf), 47(2), 173-174.
- A Combined Test Using Desmopressin and Corticotropin-Releasing Hormone in the Differential Diagnosis of Cushing's Syndrome. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, 82(1), 176-181.
- A combined test using desmopressin and corticotropin-releasing hormone in the differential diagnosis of Cushing's syndrome.. J Clin Endocrinol Metab, 82(1), 176-181.
- Angiotensinogen in human essential hypertension.. Hypertension, 28(6), 1123-1125.
- Adrenal incidentaloma: subclinical Cushing's syndrome.. Postgrad Med J, 72(846), 207-210.
- A single sleeping midnight cortisol has 100% sensitivity for the diagnosis of Cushing's syndrome.. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf), 43(5), 545-550.
- The angiotensin converting enzyme gene in cardiovascular disease.. Br Heart J, 74(3), 207-208.
- Linkage of the angiotensinogen gene locus to human essential hypertension in African Caribbeans.. J Clin Invest, 96(2), 687-692.
- A comparison of the effects of human and ovine corticotropin-releasing hormone on the pituitary-adrenal axis.. J Clin Endocrinol Metab, 80(2), 412-417.
- Sheffield experience of administering Lutathera as a day case treatment. Endocrine Abstracts.
- Consider Addison’s disease in differential diagnosis of eating disorders in children and young people. BMJ, k277-k277.
- Long-term safety of gamma knife radiosurgery (STRS) for acromegaly. Endocrine Abstracts.
- Pasireotide: an effective treatment for resistant acromegaly. Endocrine Abstracts.
- Low rate of psychological ill health in patients with GEP NETS attending an ENETS Centre of Excellence. Endocrine Abstracts.
- Cardiac metastases from ileal NETs. Endocrine Abstracts.
- Restoring the circadian cortisol rhythm with metyrapone in patients with adrenal incidentalomas and subclinical hypercortisolism reduces IL6 levels. Endocrine Abstracts.
- Chronic glucocorticoid exposure inhibits expression of the pomc activator, tpit, by inducing de-novo DNA methylation. Endocrine Abstracts.
- Follow-up, surgery and proton beam therapy for a pituitary sella chondrosarcoma. Endocrine Abstracts.
- Measurement of dexamethasone by LC-MS/MS after a 1 mg overnight dexamethasone suppression test. Endocrine Abstracts.
- Effectiveness of metyrapone in 195 patients with Cushing's syndrome. Endocrine Abstracts.
- Cushing Disease, The Pituitary (pp. 515-571). Elsevier
- List of Contributors, The Pituitary (pp. ix-ix). Elsevier
- Cushing Disease, The Pituitary: Fourth Edition (pp. 515-571).
Conference proceedings papers
- SUN-299 Flash Glucose Sensor Monitoring for Patients with Endogenous Hyperinsulinaemic Hypoglycaemia. Journal of the Endocrine Society, Vol. 4(Supplement_1)
- SERUM CORTISOL AND SALIVARY CORTISONE AND FREQUENCY OF SAMPLING TO ESTIMATE CORTISOL EXPOSURE. HORMONE RESEARCH IN PAEDIATRICS, Vol. 88 (pp 53-54)
- Stereotactic gamma knife radiosurgery as an effective treatment for acromegaly. Journal of the American College of Surgeons, Vol. 219(4) (pp e24-e24)
- A multicenter, randomized, blinded, phase III study of pasireotide LAR versus octreotide LAR in patients with metastatic neuroendocrine tumors (NET) with disease-related symptoms inadequately controlled by somatostatin analogs. JOURNAL OF CLINICAL ONCOLOGY, Vol. 31(15)
- HIGH CIRCULATING SEROTONIN IN CARCINOID SYNDROME IS NOT ASSOCIATED WITH ALTERATIONS IN BONE TURNOVER OR BONE DENSITY. OSTEOPOROSIS INTERNATIONAL, Vol. 23 (pp S536-S537)
- High circulating serotonin in carcinoid syndrome is not associated with alterations in bone turnover or bone density. BONE, Vol. 50 (pp S53-S53)
- Baseline Characteristics and Urine Free Cortisol (UFC) Variability of 162 Patients Enrolled in a Randomized, Double-Blind Phase III Study Assessing the Efficacy and Safety of Pasireotide (SOM230) in Patients with Cushing's Disease.. ENDOCRINE REVIEWS, Vol. 31(3)
- Society for Endocrinology, £120,000, 2005-2008. RNA interference as therapy for models of Cushing's disease and acromegaly.
- Sheffield Hospitals' Charitable Trust, £24,995, 2006-2008. RNA interference as therapy for models of Cushing's disease and acromegaly.
- European Union, 450,000 Euros (Joint partner). European Register on Cushing's Syndrome, in Framework of Public Health Programme. 2007-2010.
- Professional activities
National Committee Membership
- Society for Endocrinology Clinical Subcommittee, 1997-2000.
- Chair of the UK Medical Committee, Pituitary Foundation, UK, 2007.
- UK and Ireland Neuroendocrine Tumour Society, Executive Officer, 2007.
- UK Acromegaly Database Steering Committee, 2005-to date.
- Associate Editor of Clinical Endocrinology 2001-to date.
- Editorial Board, Clinical Endocrinology, 2001-to date.
- Editorial Board, Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, 2008-2010.
- NICE Appraisal of Pituitary Disease, 2004-2005.
National and International Guidelines
- Task Force Member (one of six) for the American Endocrine Society's Guidelines on the Diagnosis of Cushing's Syndrome.