Support for researchers
Support for researchers to conduct Open Research comes from across the University, including the Library, Research Services and IT Services as well as relevant individuals and groups within departments.
- Open Access - information on types of OA, how to apply for funding, open access policies and more.
- Open and FAIR data - guidance on steps you can take to make research data discoverable and accessible.
- Research software - training and support from the RSE team, including code clinics.
- Research computing support - including data storage, management and analysis (student or staff login required).
- Copyright - guidance and policy on all aspects of copyright for University researchers.
- Scholarly licensing - including information on Creative Commons licences.
- Preprints - information about preprint servers and factors to consider.
- Responsible metrics - an overview of how to use metrics responsibly, good practice and the limitations of metrics.
There are also several relevant policies at the University which can help guide researchers:
- Open Access Position Statement
- Research Data Management Policy, part of the wider Policy on Good Research and Innovation Practices
- Research Publications and Copyright Policy - including guidance about Rights Retention
The University’s four flagship institutes bring together our key strengths to tackle global issues, turning interdisciplinary and translational research into real-world solutions.