BMedSci (Hons), MBChB, PGCert Med Ed, MRCP (UK)
School of Health and Related Research
Postgraduate Research Student
Full contact details
School of Health and Related Research
Regent Court (ScHARR)
30 Regent Street
- Research interests
PhD title: Implementing the NICE Cystic Fibrosis quality indicators within the UK CF Health Hub Digital Learning Health System
I am interested in learning how we can use large, routinely collected data sets to improve health care delivery in long term conditions. Not only can these data help underpin observational epidemiological study, but also provide useful metrics for local and regional quality improvement work. I am also interested in how NICE Quality Indicators can be used to provide insights into health inequity and will be exploring some factors which may result in people with long-term conditions being "under-served" by health care systems.
- Harnessing the therapeutic potential therapeutic efficacy of α-1 adrenergic blockers for Raynaud's phenomenon and digital ischaemia secondary to central nervous system stimulants used for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Seminars in Arthritis and Rheumatism, 57, 152114-152114.
- Association between central nervous system stimulants used to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and Raynaud's phenomenon: A scoping review. Seminars in Arthritis and Rheumatism, 51(6), 1200-1204.
- High tibial osteotomy: a review of the readability and quality of patient information on the internet. Health Promotion Perspectives, 11(3), 323-328. View this article in WRRO
- Student doctors: learning from the front line. Medical Science Educator, 31(4), 1549-1550.
- Bone health in idiopathic inflammatory myopathies. Autoimmunity Reviews, 20(4), 102782-102782.
- Domains and outcome measures for the assessment of limited cutaneous systemic sclerosis: a scoping review protocol. BMJ Open, 11(3). View this article in WRRO
- Considerations for a combined index for limited cutaneous systemic sclerosis to support drug development and improve outcomes. Journal of Scleroderma and Related Disorders, 6(1), 66-76.
- Gout Presenting as Acute Flexor Tenosynovitis Mimicking Infection. JCR: Journal of Clinical Rheumatology, 27(6), e236-e237.
- Paradoxical new diagnosis of Giant Cell Arteritis while receiving Ustekinumab. JCR: Journal of Clinical Rheumatology, 26(7), e215-e216. View this article in WRRO
- A systematic review of internet‐based information on dermatomyositis and polymyositis. International Journal of Rheumatic Diseases, 23(12), 1613-1618.
- Mobile Medical ID: A Resource for the Off-Duty Clinician. The Journal of Emergency Medicine, 59(1), 141-142.
- Osteonecrosis of the lunate in systemic sclerosis—an underappreciated vascular complication?. Clinical Rheumatology, 39(10), 3137-3138.
- Correction to: A systematic review of internet-based information for individuals with Raynaud’s phenomenon and patients with systemic sclerosis. Clinical Rheumatology, 39(7), 2247-2247.
- EP05 The wolf finds unusual prey. Rheumatology, 59(Supplement_2).
- EP29 An evaluation of the use of baseline pulmonary function tests in the detection of interstitial lung disease in patients newly diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis. Rheumatology, 59(Supplement_2).
- Musculoskeletal hand involvement in systemic sclerosis. Seminars in Arthritis and Rheumatism, 50(2), 329-334.
- Diagnosis and management of secondary HLH/MAS following HSCT and CAR-T cell therapy in adults; a review of the literature and a survey of practice within EBMT centres on behalf of the Autoimmune Diseases Working Party (ADWP) and Transplant Complications Working Party (TCWP). Frontiers in Immunology, 11. View this article in WRRO
- A systematic review of internet-based information for individuals with Raynaud’s phenomenon and patients with systemic sclerosis. Clinical Rheumatology, 39(8), 2363-2367.
- Digital ulcer debridement in systemic sclerosis: a systematic literature review. Clinical Rheumatology, 39(3), 805-811.
- Haemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis (HLH) following allogeneic haematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT)—time to reappraise with modern diagnostic and treatment strategies?. Bone Marrow Transplantation, 55(2), 307-316.
- 113 Hepatitis E as a cause of very abnormal liver function tests in patients attending rheumatology clinics: an emerging problem?. Rheumatology, 58(Supplement_3).
- 57. Rheumatology at the interface of medicine: haemphagocytic lymphohistiocytosis/macrophage activation syndrome: an under-recognised syndrome in the acutely unwell patient. Rheumatology Advances in Practice, 2(suppl_1).
- Osteoarthritis and the inflammatory arthritides. Surgery (Oxford), 36(1), 21-26. View this article in WRRO
- Miller-Fisher Syndrome: Is the ataxia central or peripheral?. Cerebellum & Ataxias, 2(1). View this article in WRRO
- Are flexibility and muscle-strengthening activities associated with a higher risk of developing low back pain?. Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport, 17(4), 361-365.
- Domains and outcome measures for the assessment of limited cutaneous systemic sclerosis: an international collaborative scoping review. Rheumatology.
- Improvement with time of vascular outcomes in systemic sclerosis: a systematic review and meta-analysis study. Rheumatology.
- Cardiac troponin T: is there a cut-off to exclude cardiac involvement in the idiopathic inflammatory myopathies?. Rheumatology.
- Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation for Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation and Cellular Therapies for Autoimmune Diseases (pp. 547-556).
Conference proceedings papers
- Diagnosis and Management of Secondary HLH/MAS following HSCT and CAR-t Cell Therapy in Adults; An EBMT-wide Survey on Behalf of the ADWP and TCWP. BONE MARROW TRANSPLANTATION, Vol. 55(SUPPL 1) (pp 582-583)
- THE WOLF FINDS UNUSUAL PREY. RHEUMATOLOGY, Vol. 59
- AN EVALUATION OF THE USE OF BASELINE PULMONARY FUNCTION TESTS IN THE DETECTION OF INTERSTITIAL LUNG DISEASE IN PATIENTS NEWLY DIAGNOSED WITH RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS. RHEUMATOLOGY, Vol. 59 (pp 141-141)
- HEPATITIS E AS A CAUSE OF VERY ABNORMAL LIVER FUNCTION TESTS IN PATIENTS ATTENDING RHEUMATOLOGY CLINICS: AN EMERGING PROBLEM?. RHEUMATOLOGY, Vol. 58
- Teaching interests
I am interested in delivering clinical medical education, both in the workplace and in the classroom/online. I enjoy applying my own learning from the Postgraduate Certificate in Medical Education course to design innovative and memorable teaching sessions, with a focus on principles of adult learning. I enjoy being involved in training and assessment through simulation through postgraduate medical education.
- Teaching activities
Examiner for the University of Sheffield MBChB programme
Advanced Life Support Instructor