Dr Laura Sutton
School of Health and Related Research
+44 114 22 24055
Full contact details
School of Health and Related Research
The Innovation Centre
I joined the Clinical Trials Research Unit in 2019. My previous roles include Research Assistant in Biostatistics and Trial Statistician at the University of Liverpool, Statistician/Mathematics Coordinator for a non-profit organisation in Guatemala, and Lecturer in Research Methods at Teesside University.
- Research interests
• ACtiF - Development and evaluation of an intervention to support adherence to treatment in adults with Cystic Fibrosis
• MSS3 - Multiple Symptoms Study 3: Pragmatic trial of a community-based clinic for patients with persistent (medically unexplained) physical symptoms
• PHEWS - Accuracy, effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of pre-hospital clinical early warning scores for adults with suspected sepsis
This person does not have any publications available.
- Body Composition in Sport, Exercise and Health. London: Routledge.
- Do Not Attempt Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (DNACPR) decisions in people admitted with suspected COVID-19: Secondary analysis of the PRIEST observational cohort study.. Resuscitation.
- Post-exertion oxygen saturation as a prognostic factor for adverse outcome in patients attending the emergency department with suspected COVID-19: a substudy of the PRIEST observational cohort study. Emergency Medicine Journal. View this article in WRRO
- Characterisation of 22445 patients attending UK emergency departments with suspected COVID-19 infection : observational cohort study. PLoS ONE, 15(11). View this article in WRRO
- Onabotulinum toxin-A versus extended release tolterodine in the management of idiopathic overactive bladder in children : a pilot randomised controlled trial (OVERT Trial). Journal of Pediatric Urology. View this article in WRRO
- Where are we now with aphasia after stroke?. Annals of Indian Academy of Neurology, 23(8), S57-S62.
- Dental RECUR randomized trial to prevent caries recurrence in children. Journal of Dental Research, 99(2), 168-174. View this article in WRRO
- Pharmacogenetics of warfarin in a paediatric population: time in therapeutic range, initial and stable dosing and adverse effects. The Pharmacogenomics Journal, 14(6), 542-548.
- Institutional Profile: The Wolfson Centre for Personalised Medicine, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, UK. Pharmacogenomics, 14(8), 861-867.
- CYP2C19*17 Gain-of-Function Polymorphism Is Associated With Peptic Ulcer Disease. Clinical Pharmacology & Therapeutics, 93(2), 195-203.
- The relative contribution of NSAIDs and Helicobacter pylori to the aetiology of endoscopically-diagnosed peptic ulcer disease: observations from a tertiary referral hospital in the UK between 2005 and 2010. Alimentary Pharmacology & Therapeutics, 36(1), 48-56.
- Influence of Adaptive Analysis on Unnecessary Patient Recruitment: Reanalysis of the RATPAC Trial. Annals of Emergency Medicine, 60(4), 442-448.e1.
- Derivation and validation of a clinical severity score for acutely ill adults with suspected COVID-19: The PRIEST observational cohort study. PLOS ONE, 16(1), e0245840-e0245840.
- Post-exertion oxygen saturation as a prognostic factor for adverse outcome in patients attending the emergency department with suspected COVID-19: Observational cohort study. View this article in WRRO
- Body composition: Professional practice and an interdisciplinary toolkit In Stewart A & Sutton L (Ed.), Body Composition in Sport, Exercise and Health (pp. 187-208). London: Routledge.
- Bone tissue In Stewart A & Sutton L (Ed.), Body Composition in Sport, Exercise and Health (pp. 106-125). London: Routledge.
- Muscle tissue In Stewart A & Sutton L (Ed.), Body Composition in Sport, Exercise and Health (pp. 87-105). London: Routledge.
- Body composition in chronic disease and disability In Stewart A & Sutton L (Ed.), Body Composition in Sport, Exercise and Health (pp. 166-186). London: Routledge.