Laura Flight MMath, MSc
Medical Statistician - Research Assistant
Medical Statistics Group, ScHARR
The University of Sheffield
Regent Court, 30 Regent Street
SHEFFIELD S1 4DA
Office: 3.10 - Innovation Centre
Tel: +44 (0) 114 22 20698
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
I joined ScHARR in 2013 as an NIHR Research Methods Fellow. This fellowship focussed on the use of adaptive study designs in emergency medicine clinical trials. This research formed part of my dissertation for an MSc in Statistics with Medical Applications at the University of Sheffield. Prior to this I graduated from the University of Sheffield with a MMath (Hons) in 2013.
I am currently an NIHR Doctoral Research Fellow investigating adaptive study designs and their impact on the health economic evaluation of health care technologies.
• I am the trainee representative on the NIHR Statistics Group Steering committee.
• I am a member of the Royal Statistical Society.
1. L Flight and S A. Julious The disagreeable behaviour of the kappa statistic Pharmaceutical Statistics 2015 14 (1), 74–78.
2. Practical guide to sample size calculations: an introduction, Pharmaceutical Statistics, 2016 15 (1), 68–74.
3. Practical guide to sample size calculations: superiority trials, Pharmaceutical Statistics, 2016 15 (1), 75-79.
4. Practical guide to sample size calculations: non-inferiority and equivalence trials, Pharmaceutical Statistics, 2016 15 (1), 80-89.