Harry Hill BSc, MSc, PhD (Sheffield)
The University of Sheffield
Regent Court, 30 Regent Street
Office: 213, West Court
Tel: (+44) (0)114 215 9130
Fax: (+44) (0)114 222 0749
I joined ScHARR in October 2017 as a Research Fellow in Health Economics and Decision Science, working for the Economics Evaluation Policy Research Unit (EEPRU). My work focuses on scoping and systematic appraisals of the literature, econometric analysis of patient level data, cost-effectiveness analysis and policy evaluation.
After I completed my PhD in economics (University of Sheffield, 2012) I worked as a Research Assistant at the University of Newcastle in the Institute of Health and Society, and as a Research Associate at the University of Manchester in the Division of Dentistry of the School of Medical Sciences. My work has focused on evaluations of health policy in emergency care, public health and dentistry sectors of the NHS.
1. Cost-effectiveness analysis
2. Systematic review
3. Applied microeconometrics
4. Mixed methods design
- Hill H, Birch S, Tickle M, McDonald R, Donaldson M, O’Carolan D & Brocklehurst P (2017) Does capitation affect the delivery of oral healthcare and access to services? Evidence from a pilot contact in Northern Ireland. BMC Health Services Research, 17(1), 175.
- Hill JH, Birch SB, Tickle MT, McDonald RM & Brocklehurst PB (2017) The technical efficiency of oral healthcare provision: Evaluating role substitution in National Health Service dental practices in England. Community Dentistry and Oral Epidemiology, 45(4), 310-316.
- Hill JH, Birch SB, Tickle MT, McDonald RM & Brocklehurst PB (2017) Productive efficiency and its determinants in the Community Dental Service in the north-west of England. Community dental health, 34(2).
- Hill H, Macey R & Brocklehurst P (2017) A Markov model assessing the impact on primary care practice revenues and patient's health when using mid‐level providers, lesson learned from the United Kingdom. Journal of Public Health Dentistry, 77(4), 334-343.
- Miller PSJ, Hill H & Andersson FL (2016) Nocturia Work Productivity and Activity Impairment Compared with Other Common Chronic Diseases. PharmacoEconomics, 34(12), 1277-1297.
- Parry SW, Hill H, Lawson J, Lawson N, Green D, Trundle H, McNaught J, Strassheim V, Caldwell A, Mayland R , Earley P et al (2016) A Novel Approach to Proactive Primary Care–Based Case Finding and Multidisciplinary Management of Falls, Syncope, and Dizziness in a One‐Stop Service: Preliminary Results. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, 64(11), 2368-2373.
- Hill H & Brocklehurst P (2015) Leadership in dentistry: findings from new tool to measure clinical leadership. Journal of Healthcare Leadership, 2015(7), 13-20.
- Brocklehurst P, O'Malley L, Hill H, Ozaki T, Nomura M & Matsuda R (2014) The development and piloting of a leadership questionnaire for general dental practitioners: preliminary results from the North West of England and Tokyo. British Dental Journal, 217(9), e17.
- Price CP, McCafferty SM, Hill JH & McMeekin PM (2014) Senior clinician views regarding introduction of a ‘time to specialist’ quality measure for unselected emergency admissions. Future Hospital Journal.
- Hill H, McMeekin P & Price C (2014) A systematic review of the activity and impact of emergency care practioners in the NHS. Emergency Medicine Journal, 31(10), 853-860.
- Hill H, McMeekin P & Parry SW (2014) Does the falls efficacy scale international version measure fear of falling: a reassessment of internal validity using a factor analytic approach. Age and Ageing, 43(4), 559-562.
- Goldthorpe JG, Walsh TW, Tickle MT, Birch SB, Hill JH, Sanders CS, Coulthard PC & Pretty IP (2017) An evaluation of an eReferral Management & Triage System for Minor Oral Surgery referrals from primary care dentists
- Brocklehurst PB, Birch SB, McDonald RM, Hill JH, O'Malley LO, Macey RM & Tickle MT (2016) Determining the optimal model for role substitution in NHS dental services in the UK: a mixed-methods study