BSc (Mathematics Hons.), MSc (Statistics and Computing)
The University of Sheffield
Regent Court, 30 Regent Street
Tel: +44 (0)114 222 0810
Tushar joined ScHARR (HEDS section) as a Research Associate (Health Economics and Decision Modelling) in August 2018. Prior to this, he worked as a consultant (Economic Modeller) in a HEOR consultancy firm for over three years in India and the USA.
By training, he hold a BSc (Hons) degree in Mathematics from the University of Delhi and an MSc degree in Statistics and Computing from Banaras Hindu University (BHU), India.
Tushar employ knowledge of various modelling techniques in his projects such as state transition Markov, partitioned survival and disease transmission dynamic models. He has developed user-friendly health economic models for cancer (melanoma, non-small cell lung cancer, bladder cancer, multiple myeloma, oesophagus cancer) and infectious disease (rotavirus and hepatitis-A). He has vast experience of HTA submissions in various European and Latin American countries. He has knowledge and hands-on of a variety of tools including Excel (and VBA), Mathematica, R, SAS (base), C++, SPSS and CS-Pro.
Tushar is currently a member of International Society of Pharmaceutical and Outcome Research (ISPOR) and Health Economics Study group (HESG). Within ScHARR, he is a member of the Modellers Academic Group (MAG) and Statistics Academic Group (StAG). He frequently peer-reviews abstracts for ISPOR conferences.
- Tutor: Course tutor for "Introduction to cost-effectiveness modelling" module (HAR6240) for MSc Economics and Health Economics, ScHARR, The University of Sheffield
- Supervision: MSc HEDM dissertation, MSc iHTA dissertation
- Marker: MSc Economics and Health Economics module HAR6240
- Development of novel methods in decision analytical modelling
- Cancer Modelling
- Causal Inference
- Application of statistics in health economics
- Economic evaluation (using decision analytical model) of maintenance therapy in multiple myeloma
- Economic evaluation (using decision analytical model) of Cancer electronic risk assessment tool (eRAT) in gastro-oesophageal (G-O) cancers
- Swami S & Srivastava T (2019) Role of Culture, Values, and Politics in the Implementation of Health Technology Assessment in India: A Commentary. Value in Health.
- Srivastava T, Strong M, Stevenson MD & Dodd P (2019) PNS337 IMPROVING ON CYCLE CORRECTIONS FOR TIME-HOMOGENEOUS MARKOV MODELS. Value in Health, 22, S821-S821.
- Srivastava T, Prabhu VS, Li H, Xu R, Zarabi N, Zhong Y, Pellisier JM, Perini RF, de Wit R & Mamtani R (2018) Cost-effectiveness of Pembrolizumab as Second-line Therapy for the Treatment of Locally Advanced or Metastatic Urothelial Carcinoma in Sweden. European Urology Oncology. View this article in WRRO
- Daniels VJ, Postma MJ, Srivastav T, Lu IX, Chen Y & Alemayehu B (2018) PIN37 - COST-EFFECTIVENESS OF ROTAVIRUS VACCINATION IN THE NETHERLANDS – A DISEASE TRANSMISSION DYNAMIC MODELING APPROACH. Value in Health, 21, S227-S227.
Conference proceedings papers
- Daniels VJ, Postma MJ, Srivastava T, Lu IX, Chen Y & Alemayehu B (2018) COST-EFFECTIVENESS OF ROTAVIRUS VACCINATION IN THE NETHERLANDS – A DISEASE TRANSMISSION DYNAMIC MODELING APPROACH. Value in Health, Vol. 21(Supplement 3) (pp S227-S227)