Angie Rees BA (Hons), DPS (Loughborough University), MA, PG Cert (University of Sheffield), MCLIP, FHEA
The University of Sheffield
30 Regent Street
Tel: +44 (0)114 222 0725
Fax: +44 (0)114 222 0749
- Systematic review methodologies
- Teaching health services research
- Bibliographic searching methods
- My Teaching interests lie in systematic reviews and health informatics.
- I am the Course Director of the Master of Public Health (MPH) Online
- I also coordinate the module HAR656 Evidence Based Practice and Healthcare Information, I am a dissertation supervisor.
- In 2012, on successful completion of the University's Certificate in Learning and Teaching (CiLT), I became a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
- Project lead for Health Utilities Database (HUD)
- Information Specialist to a number of external/special projects
- Personal Tutor and Dissertation Supervisor
- Stevenson M, Gomersall T, Lloyd Jones M, Rawdin A, Hernández M, Dias S, Wilson D & Rees A (2014) Percutaneous vertebroplasty and percutaneous balloon kyphoplasty for the treatment of osteoporotic vertebral fractures: a systematic review and cost-effectiveness analysis.. Health Technol Assess, 18(17), 1-290.
- Messina J, Freeman C, Rees A, Goyder E, Hoy A, Ellis S & Ainsworth N (2013) A systematic review of contextual factors relating to smokeless tobacco use among South Asian users in England.. Nicotine Tob Res, 15(5), 875-882.
- Czoski-Murray C, Lloyd Jones M, McCabe C, Claxton K, Oluboyede Y, Roberts J, Nicholl JP, Rees A, Reilly CS, Young D & Fleming T (2012) What is the value of routinely testing full blood count, electrolytes and urea, and pulmonary function tests before elective surgery in patients with no apparent clinical indication and in subgroups of patients with common comorbidities: a systematic review of the clinical and cost-effective literature.. Health Technol Assess, 16(50), i-159.
- Ara R, Blake L, Gray L, Hernández M, Crowther M, Dunkley A, Warren F, Jackson R, Rees A, Stevenson M, Abrams K, Cooper N, Davies M, Khunti K & Sutton A (2012) What is the clinical effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of using drugs in treating obese patients in primary care? A systematic review.. Health Technol Assess, 16(5), iii-195.
- Pandor A, Harnan S, Goodacre S, Pickering A, Fitzgerald P & Rees A (2012) Diagnostic accuracy of clinical characteristics for identifying CT abnormality after minor brain injury: a systematic review and meta-analysis.. J Neurotrauma, 29(5), 707-718.
- Ara R, Pandor A, Stevens J, Rafia R, Ward SE, Rees A, Durrington PN, Reynolds TM, Wierzbicki AS & Stevenson M (2012) Prescribing high-dose lipid-lowering therapy early to avoid subsequent cardiovascular events: is this a cost-effective strategy?. Eur J Prev Cardiol, 19(3), 474-483.
- Pandor A, Goodacre S, Harnan S, Holmes M, Pickering A, Fitzgerald P, Rees A & Stevenson M (2011) Diagnostic management strategies for adults and children with minor head injury: a systematic review and an economic evaluation.. Health Technol Assess, 15(27), 1-202.
- Hummel S, Simpson EL, Hemingway P, Stevenson MD & Rees A (2011) Intensity-modulated radiotherapy for the treatment of prostate cancer: A systematic review and economic evaluation. Journal of Urology, 186(2), 534-535.
- Carroll C, Papaioannou D, Rees A & Kaltenthaler E (2011) The clinical effectiveness and safety of prophylactic retinal interventions to reduce the risk of retinal detachment and subsequent vision loss in adults and children with stickler syndrome: A systematic review. Health Technology Assessment, 15(16), 1-68.