Angie Rees BA (Hons), DPS (Loughborough University), MA, PG Cert (University of Sheffield), MCLIP, FHEA
The University of Sheffield
30 Regent Street
Tel: +44 (0)114 222 0725
Fax: +44 (0)114 222 0749
- Systematic review methodologies
- Teaching health services research
- Bibliographic searching methods
- My Teaching interests lie in systematic reviews and health informatics.
- I am the Course Director of the Master of Public Health (MPH) Online
- I also coordinate the module HAR656 Evidence Based Practice and Healthcare Information, I am a dissertation supervisor.
- In 2012, on successful completion of the University's Certificate in Learning and Teaching (CiLT), I became a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
- Project lead for Health Utilities Database (HUD)
- Information Specialist to a number of external/special projects
- Personal Tutor and Dissertation Supervisor
- Stevenson M, Gomersall T, Lloyd Jones M, Rawdin A, Hernández M, Dias S, Wilson D & Rees A (2014) Percutaneous vertebroplasty and percutaneous balloon kyphoplasty for the treatment of osteoporotic vertebral fractures: a systematic review and cost-effectiveness analysis.. Health Technol Assess, 18(17), 1-290.
- Messina J, Freeman C, Rees A, Goyder E, Hoy A, Ellis S & Ainsworth N (2013) A systematic review of contextual factors relating to smokeless tobacco use among South Asian users in England.. Nicotine Tob Res, 15(5), 875-882.
- Ara R, Blake L, Gray L, Hernández M, Crowther M, Dunkley A, Warren F, Jackson R, Rees A, Stevenson M , Abrams K et al (2012) What is the clinical effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of using drugs in treating obese patients in primary care? A systematic review.. Health Technol Assess, 16(5), iii-195.
- Pandor A, Harnan S, Goodacre S, Pickering A, Fitzgerald P & Rees A (2012) Diagnostic accuracy of clinical characteristics for identifying CT abnormality after minor brain injury: a systematic review and meta-analysis.. J Neurotrauma, 29(5), 707-718.
- Ara R, Pandor A, Stevens J, Rafia R, Ward SE, Rees A, Durrington PN, Reynolds TM, Wierzbicki AS & Stevenson M (2012) Prescribing high-dose lipid-lowering therapy early to avoid subsequent cardiovascular events: is this a cost-effective strategy?. Eur J Prev Cardiol, 19(3), 474-483.
- Pandor A, Goodacre S, Harnan S, Holmes M, Pickering A, Fitzgerald P, Rees A & Stevenson M (2011) Diagnostic management strategies for adults and children with minor head injury: a systematic review and an economic evaluation.. Health Technol Assess, 15(27), 1-202.
- Carroll C, Papaioannou D, Rees A & Kaltenthaler E (2011) The clinical effectiveness and safety of prophylactic retinal interventions to reduce the risk of retinal detachment and subsequent vision loss in adults and children with stickler syndrome: A systematic review. Health Technology Assessment, 15(16), 1-68.
- Hummel S, Simpson EL, Hemingway P, Stevenson MD & Rees A (2011) Intensity-modulated radiotherapy for the treatment of prostate cancer: A systematic review and economic evaluation. Journal of Urology, 186(2), 534-535.
- Laforet S, Paliwoda S & Chen J (2010) Introduction. Journal of World Business.